Testers wanted for new product trial

Firstly may I say that I hope this post does not break any of the community rules and it is posted in the appropriate category.

I work for a UK company which has spent three years designing and developing a new pod based vaping device. The vaporiser and replaceable 2ml pod slip into a portable case which automatically refills the pod from a 10ml bottle slotted into the case, and also recharges the vaporiser battery. The case itself is recharged in a dock station that connects via WiFi so that your vaping can be seen on our web app, which works for both Android and Apple phones.

Earlier this year we recruited a small number of testers to try the device, and following their feedback we have made a few tweaks and are now seeking about 30 people (probably users of existing pod systems) to engage in a larger trial, which we would expect to commence in early January. If you are interested, please send me a message.

Mark

5 Likes

Thanks for joining us.

Could you give some more information, maybe some images of the device too please

3 Likes

It’s difficult to balance the amount of information I can share with our commercial confidentiality needs at this time … but this is how it looks …

5 Likes

Website??

Got it…

https://helloayr.com/

3 Likes

Who are AYR?

AYR is a start up owned by the founders Ian Murison and Kaveh Memari and a consortium of global investors.

Can I contact those guys directly?

3 Likes

Kaveh no longer works in the business. Ian is our CEO, but he will probably refer you back to me. We are a small, tightly knit company. What would you like to know?

3 Likes

It’s all a bit clandestine, we value our members here, so we appreciate open communication and transparency

4 Likes

HI,

It’s not meant to be clandestine at all, but it’s a new product still in development and so naturally has some commercial sensitivity. We are merely looking for some volunteers to receive pre launch versions and provide feedback to us so we can decide if it is at a marketable stage.

4 Likes

Ok, thanks for confirmation, hopefully some will show interest in trying your new product, it certainly is innovative

6 Likes

I would interested if your open to us residents, not funded by a tobacco company, and have transparency with things like what the heating element is made of.

5 Likes

Welcome to the VC @mhilton. I’m not really a podder, or I’d sign up, because I love to review things. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome @mhilton, looks like an interesting pod.

A question or two if I may…

1. is this a MTL pod, a DTL pod or both styles?
  2. does it have replaceable coils or does the whole pod need replacing?
  3. is there, or will there be, an RBA available for this pod?
  4. which countries do you intend on distributing to?

Cheers

5 Likes

Following

6 Likes

Thanks guys, I emailed the contact on the website and was replied to by Mark so in that regards it seems legit, it’s an interesting idea

6 Likes

@Grubby You da man. Thanks for looking out for us.

6 Likes

Hi,

The closest comparison I can give is to a Juul or blu device. The difference is that the e-cigarette itself just fits into the carry case, which refills the tip with liquid as required. Periodically the tip will need replacing, especially recommended if you change flavours to minimize flavour mixing on the first refill of the new flavour, but so far people have vaped 50+ ml of liquid through a single tip without noticing any degradation in performance.

Initially, and if the trial is successful, this will be a UK only product, just because of the resources required to have additional country approvals and distribution .

Hope that helps

8 Likes

I would be interested if you need anymore testers thabks

6 Likes

Welcome to the VC @meatloafuk.

4 Likes

Welcome to VC @meatloafuk!

5 Likes