Sub ohm coils and MTL?

I am a new vaper who started with an Innokin T22 Pro. I used it for MTL with 1.5 and 1.7 coils.

Wanting to branch out a bit I recently bought an Eleaf Istick Power 2. It comes with a 1.2 coil and a sub ohm one - but only 0.8.

I have been using the sub ohm coil for MTL with 50/50 Nic Salt, and enjoying it very much. The Smart Mode runs it at 15 watts and automatically selects 15 watts for the 1.2.

Am I wrong to run the 0.8 with 50/50. Is it OK to vape MTL with a sub ohm coil? I know this coil takes more power and runs hotter, so battery life will not be the same. But am I doing anthing else that is likely to damage the mod?

I would really appreciate your advice.

3 Likes

You won’t hurt the mod. It doesn’t care. It’s nothing but a battery. The worst thing that can happen is very bad tasting vaping from the coil getting too hot.

5 Likes

You are fine mate, I don’t understand why (maybe yes with inbuilt battery so it lasts longer) mtl kits tend to still come with 1.2, 1.4 or even higher resistant coils. Most MTL vapers these days that use rebuildables use sub-ohm coils usually between 0.6 - 0.8ohm. I myself MTL yet I use around 0.4ohm coils!

5 Likes

Thanks very much for your responses. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes