Stop Donald Trump from signing the federal flavor ban

I would swap your Prime Minister for ours any day she appears to be a very smart cookie (from what I have seen)

3 Likes

Yes, she is far better than all the recent PMā€™s in NZ.
You guys change your PM faster than I change my jocks.

3 Likes

Ya the power grabbing is strong in our politicians and it is an embarrassment to many of us - yet so many look past it i just dont get it

3 Likes

I reckon the average Joe, as long as he/she has a comfortable, safe life, with acceptable disposable income, they really donā€™t give a shit about politics

2 Likes

Personalities and the possible mental state of politicians aside, there is a formula for getting things done. I was part of an organization that opposed Draconian fishing regulations here in California. A very smart man realized the consequence of doing nothing and founded a nonprofit and organized.

People were assigned to go to all the meetings and bring up the arguments that were pertinent to us sport fishermen. Had we not, nobody would have countered the radical leftists that wanted to do away with all sport fishing.

What you have to understand about the opposition is that opposing you is their religion and they are zealots. They donā€™t care about facts and they donā€™t care about helping people or if they hurt people. They only care about advancing their agenda and stomping out all that disagree with them. There is no peaceful compromise for them, and not even the chance of a rational discussion. The only hope I did see in the presidentā€™s remarks is that he acknowledged the the vape industry is big and employs a lot of people and he is a business man.

Sadly I see nobody organizing to speak out. I see no groups staging protests. Signing online petitions is a great first step but keyboard warriors get little accomplished other than venting their frustrations.
Where are the hardware manufacturers? Where are the big juice companies? They have made billions. Unless a lot of people get on the same page, vaping is doomed.

Edit, afterthought: I get emails almost daily from all the big online vape stores. Not one said anything about the proposed ban other than Nicotine River. Pretty sad in my opinion.

6 Likes

It is happening >
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS3-CiEL_G4

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been watching this debacle roll out with intense scrutiny, still working on believing what I am seeing and trying my damnedest not to lay blame on someone, THIS is what everyone feared might happen if the Voopoos, JUULā€™s and Candy Kings carried on doing what they were doing and trying to make money from the younger audience, all it needed was a trigger, and those fucktards that came up with a way of making fast cash from THC carts was it. Trumps a business man, heā€™s probably got a fuck ton of cash tied up in big tobacco and big pharma, you can smell the corruption all the way over the water, and his solution?..kill the industry that saves millions of lives a year, ā€˜save the childrenā€™ by stopping the very thing thatā€™s probably kept these kids parents alive? and taking away the livelihoods of thousands of families by destroying their businessā€™s?? wtaf. Kids will always try and get high, I donā€™t think thereā€™s a single person on this forum that doesnā€™t know that all too well, but killing vaping because a handful of kids made some dubious life decisions?..man, that makes literally no sense at all, heā€™s making a relatively regulated industry into a very unregulated industry, this wonā€™t stop people vaping, but it will force them to start vaping black market, dirty back room mixing labs and under the counter unregulated filth, then what?..ban mixing supplies? ridiculous, it makes me sick to my stomach that you guys are going through all this and all the while weā€™re selling flavored e-liquids in hospitals and putting advocacy posters up in doctors waiting roomsā€¦and thatā€™s us??..the people who canā€™t work out what the fuck ā€˜democracyā€™ meansā€¦
Sucks so many balls on so many levels, truly gutted for you all and the industry on a whole, itā€™s a sad sad day.

7 Likes

I think youā€™ve got your answer there. They will just jump on the next money train that rolls along.

Well said sir :+1:

4 Likes

If and when you sign the petition, make sure you check for the confirmation email or your signature wonā€™t count.

2 Likes

Well maybe people with sense are getting through, this was on twitter.

We still gotta keep the pressure on but this is a good sign.

5 Likes

Glimmer of hope maybe the other brain cell he has woke up when someone poked a stick in his ear and said this may cost you 2020.

4 Likes

https://www.vapun.com/news/senators-urging-fda-to-ban-hardware-in-bi-partisan-voice?#

1 Like

Maybe the number of hospitalizations and deaths will stop or slow now. It wonā€™t stem the flow of misinformation though.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/sheriff-s-office-busts-illegal-thc-vape-cartridge-operation-in/article_16d9501a-da44-11e9-bcad-472669780f57.html

3 Likes

You could put that under the picture of every president for the last 200 years, actually.

Heā€™s just a pawn in this game, whether he knows it or not. Had this happened with another president, the same things would still be going on. @Mjagā€™s tweet post is at the very least hopeful, but I do not see him having the power to really do anything meaningful at all, one way or the other. It is congress and the lobbyists that are steering the ship. Heā€™s simply at the controls, believing he is in charge yet not realizing the entire cockpit is on auto-pilot, and his inputs are actually having no effect.

2 Likes