SteamCrave Meson RTA Reviewed by SessionDrummer

My Steam Crave’s get ‘wet’ around the joint’s, but I attribute it to my exhaling in to drip tip, to gauge that my coil is hot enough for the hit. OR, maybe they’re just happy to see me… :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s always down to my wicking as I follow tutorials very carefully and have even overdone the wicking just to help resolve the problem. It could be some condensation but it’s normally seeping from just above the airflow ring and around the joints on the glass section.

2 Likes

Tbh that does sound like condensation. I get that as well with some Steam Crave RTA’s, mostly the Titan. Small amounts of juice seeping from the top and bottom edges of the airflow ring?

3 Likes

Yes that’s what’s happening to mine.

2 Likes

Yes and around the joints of the glass.

2 Likes

Hmm. I’ve never had juice leak from the edges of the glass. Have you tried tightening the top section where the fill ports are a bit more?

Insert some needle nose pliers into the kidney holes and try to tighten slowly. It could just be loose.

2 Likes

It seems to be a Steam Crave thing as it doesn’t happen on most of my other RTA’s hence why I thought it was down to the O rings.

3 Likes

I’ve honestly never had this happen with any RTA, RDTA or any tank at all, not just Steam Crave, all of them.

3 Likes

I don’t know how, or if you clean your equipment prior to using or not @Illogik, but I use hot and/or warm water, a little soap, etc., and what happens, is with the warmth from the water, the o-rings can relax somewhat, as opposed to the more stiff state they come in.

3 Likes

That makes sense but don’t you wait for them to return to their original state before assembling after this?

2 Likes

@JimmyLee I’m trying to think if it’s ever happened before on my SteamCrave hoard, and maybe on the mini robot, but not sure. The smaller, and thinner the o-rings, the more susceptible they are to “relaxing” when washing with warm/hot water. It’s not really much of an issue, BUT, if you’re a warm water washer like I am, something to keep an eye out for. I have had it occasionally happen on a few other mods, AND, most times, it’s thinner o-rings. Bigger/bulkier ones seem to be less effected.

3 Likes

Not really, wash, rinse, dry, re-assemble basically.

2 Likes

You all probably know this already, but the o-rings supplied with Steam Crave products are two thicknesses. The white ones are thinner than the black ones so if they are used on the glass, this could cause the seeping issue. It’s the same thing with the Plus v3 afc ring which many people said turns far too easily but if the white o-rings are swapped out for the supplied back ones, this solves the problem.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it be wise to let them cool down again to prevent this issue from happening?

2 Likes

The o-rings, AND the alignment of the air flow base (in this review), were not really issues, BUT, I wanted to stress that to others, so they were at least aware, and maybe cut down on some of the struggle (for lack of better words).

I’ve noticed that often times, reviewers, especially if they’re sponsored, or they are given the equipment, sometimes omit, or gloss over some things. I know why, BUT, I choose to just keep putting it out there, exactly as I experience it, for better or worse, AND, try to keep in mind with every review, that not every reader, will have the same experience that I have, and therefore, might need to know.

I’m STILL chugging on this one, and it hasn’t leaked, or had a single issue since I started tested it. Still, pretty damn impressive how SteamCrave was able to really maximize not only the flavor, but the saturation (density) of it, all with a small-ish deck, and single coil.

I would have liked to see some more of the prototypes, and/or to see what they chose to NOT use in the final.

3 Likes

Ehhh, it was so minor, it would be unnecessary. I’m sure that everyone else is like me, dreading the breakdown, cleaning, re-assembling, because we just need to get back to the VAPE vape, so less down time the better, hehe. You just need to keep an eye out for any stray thin o-rings AS you assemble it, that’s all.

3 Likes

Fair point SD. :slight_smile:

I have 2 versions of this which were exclusively mesh. They were dropped though a while ago and then the entire thing came very close to being dropped completely. I pushed Maggie to switch it to a single coil build instead (as did others I’m sure) because I really didn’t have any issues with the mesh version but one of the testers pretty much wrote it off completely and said a few choice words regarding his opinion of it, which were downright insulting tbh.
I’m so glad Maggie changed her mind on dropping it and went with the single coil version.

3 Likes

Actually, I will try and put one of the prototype mesh decks into the retail version and see what its like, when I get chance…

3 Likes

Yes mate, I’ve tried everything. The worst culprit for this problem is with the Aromamizer Lite 1.5 which is gutting because the flavour off of it is absolutely stunning. The airflow control ring which has two of those thin white flimsy O rings literally wobbles up and down so it’s losing pressure and juice starts seeping out and sometimes just dumps it out all over my mod. It got so frustrating that I’ve had to put it back in its box and shelve it.
I will try using the black O rings like you suggested to see if it stops this problem.

3 Likes

Fingers crossed mate :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes