Steam Crave Aromamizer Classic MTL RTA - Review

Just had this message on one of the reddits I post to,

“The deck looks like the lite version. It should have s circle in the center bellow the coil. Place the cotton over it with a needle and it wont flood”

message posted as written, even worse spelling than me! Might be worth a try!

4 Likes

3 Likes

Don’t really understand what he means, he seems to be saying make sure the contact is also covered, why would that make any difference though!

4 Likes

Circle ?? Removable screw circle ? The circular metal ring AROUND the removable screw ?

Not sure what he’s talking about either.

3 Likes

That’s the only “circle” I see under the coil @Timwis.

2 Likes

Where is the flooding coming from? The afc holes?

2 Likes

No idea, I’m just being polite and say I will give it a go even though I don’t actually know what I am supposed to be giving a go! He has posted again about it:

4 Likes

What lite version is he on about?

2 Likes

Now with more cotton it isn’t actually flooding anymore, just over saturation which does clear after a few vapes but with formula one style pit stops I am now virtually eliminating even that. When the deck did flood because the airflow pins come into the side of the chamber which is what was getting flooded, yes some liquid came out of these!

4 Likes

Were you not just filling up that whole s shape with cotton?

2 Likes
4 Likes

@Illogik to be clear, there were TWO things.

1. On INITIAL filling with NOT enough cotton, you could get some leaking (not really a flood, but).
  2. On RE-FILLING, you can get a few “wet” hits, with some gurgling. This QUICKLY passes after the initial fill, and no issues throughout the rest of the tank.
3 Likes

You have a well either side (quite deep) and at the bottom of these the juice feeds these need filling with cotton!

3 Likes

@Timwis I think the “wet hits” on RE-filling, is a gravity issue. On most SC’s you just close OFF the juiceflow, stopping it. On the Classic, since there is no way to shut it off, and with the cap off so there is NO backpressure holding it back, the juice is more freely able to be “gravitized” and flow LESS restricted, causing the juicy hits.

2 Likes

Mine was definitely the deck flooding with not enough cotton with gobs full of liquid and as mentioned the leaking I experienced was liquid coming out the airflow pins which would be a flooded deck!

4 Likes

The only time I’ve experienced that gurgling/ bubbling is when i get greedy by overfilling. I get it quite often in this dr3

3 Likes

I think you mentioned the gravity feed above. If that’s true it would seem to prevent the “juicy hits” on re-fill your only options would be to SPEED fill like you did, OR risk putting even MORE cotton in the wells. This COULD however affect your day to day operation and wicking if done TOO much.

I will admit, this is the FIRST MTL where there were SUCH deep wells, and I had always went LIGHT on the cotton, that does NOT seem to be the case with this one.

2 Likes

Wow, I guess I got lucky. I had already went fairly full, but was just a LITTLE to LITTLE, and had minor weeping out of the air flow pins.

2 Likes

Yes, this is obvious but still a design flaw as I have many MTL RTA’s where this doesn’t happen!

3 Likes

Looking at the top of the juice well and the position of where the afc pins are when built, it doesn’t look much at all, maybe a few mm? I’d imagine you could get leaks by tilting the tank even a little bit unless there was plenty of cotton in there too keep the juice in place, so to speak?

3 Likes