Staying within a single brand when creating a recipe

Personally, practically zero importance.

As I’ve continued marching headlong through SFT’s (especially with my approach of doing ‘grouped batches’ [multiple brands of a single profile] IE: brown sugars, graham crackers, Strawberries, raspberries, etc) I find that there’s an ultra rare chance that I’ll ever make a mix with only one manufacturer. The only exception I can think of is unless it’s something ULTRA BASIC (two or three flavors) that’s just incredibly satisfying.

Generally speaking, I’d say it’s more likely to be detrimental to the final results (especially if you are using 4 or more flavours).

I might do it on a lark (for kicks) sometime, but under ‘normal’ conditions (using what I think is the “best in class” for the job), not very likely to happen.

5 Likes

I have a few all FLV and a few all RF. I don’t really try to do an all one manufacturer mix but sometimes it just works out like that. What I have noticed is when I do the overall percentage is a little lower & it is a little easier to balance them all (big generalization).

5 Likes

I’d suggest giving Inawera peach a shot.
It’s my favorite peach.

If you only need it as a booster, I’d suggest 0.5% to 1% to start.

4 Likes

Peach Pie and cream is one of those flavours that changes dramatically with wattage changes - very low wattage will get you a strong pie, mid will get you more cream and high will get you more peach (imo). Peach can be backed with other stone type fruits to bring it out more and it will sound a little strange when i say this but apricot and/or nectarine and royal orange will bring your peach forward a little.

A lot of people like TPA nectarine with a peach personally I prefer FLV I use FA apricot as well.

I worked on this with the Diy Downunder crew and it is a fantastic peach (i know you mentioned you don’t like white peach but I posted it more for the supporting flavours to give you a couple of ideas)

5 Likes

You could also try boosting your peach with wf peach gummy it is essentially the same peach and I don’t think the gummy aspect would be too forward.

3 Likes

Jungle flavours Honey Peach (keep it under 1.5% or it can get a little dry) or FLV Peach (around .3%) or ginger peach FLV ( .2%) would all probably work for you in this instance depending on where you wanted it to go. (i don’t want you to rush out and buy them all but just a few that may push things in a slightly different direction)

4 Likes

I pretty much do. I’ve bought almost only TPA because, well, it’s cheep. I read a lot of posts but they all say “this is best” , “NO this is best”, “OMG NO! THis is best!”. I bought some Loraine Peach and some Cap Sweet strawberry out of frustration with TPA. The Sweet Strawberry helped but the Peach was too pungent. I discovered that I didn’t like vaping Peach. I tried going back to commercial juice for a bit but I didn’t find any that I liked at all. All either over the top rich with flavor (like one vape per day) or sickening sweet. Most of my mixes are back to two or three paired fruits with a touch of pyure. I try to keep four or five on hand which is suffice for me.

5 Likes

I’ll follow your lead on this one. This week sometime I’ll order up the basics I use in Flavourart. Can’t hurt. There are quite a few TPA flavors that I have tried that just don’t “get it”. I noticed Flavourart claims to be “highly concentrated”. I use a rule of thumb of 6% for my main flavor in a mix with TPA. Would I halve that Flavourart?

5 Likes

As you know it will vary between concentrates but generally between 1-3% (very approximate)

3 Likes

Point of view clarification…

I probably should have said “less than ideal”… But to me, anything that’s “less than” is not my goal. I have this battle with wanting it to be the absolute best it can be. Even though frequently, it turns out ok to good, or even great. :crazy_face:

(pardon my mental hangups) /chuckles

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly, I can’t say why the flavours wouldn’t blend the same but I guess each flavour is made to go with another flavour in the range, so it would make sense that they combine better, wouldn’t it?

4 Likes

Holy Crap!!! I’m a convert! First dart at the chalkboard mix with FA and WOAH!!! 3% Pear, 1.5% Fuji Apple, .75% Pineapple, a dash of pyure. It actually tastes like the ingredients I put into it! For a swag mix it’s fantastic. I may not even tweak it.

There goes my next paycheck…:exploding_head:

4 Likes

It is definitely working for me. I have a couple of TPA mixes that I’ll continue but they are much like your wife’s comment, they don’t really taste like the ingredients added. I like them but they defy profile. Another MrPipes winner in my books!!! You really have advanced my vaping greatly!!!

5 Likes

Thanks! I’m off to take a peak!

5 Likes

Yeah, HeadInClouds was one of my first ‘influences’ as well from her notes alone! Same for many others obviously. lol

My issue has been that FA tastes don’t match my desires often enough for the core profile (at least during SFT’s). It seems like they tend to fall into the “more useful as an accent” category for me more often than not.

@SmilingOgre awesome to hear that you are having success with it bud!! :tada:

6 Likes

Neither did I for a while! :laughing:
(I blame tons of reading!)

5 Likes

Whoa, me neither, always assumed HIC was a he, talk about a surprise. Not that it matters of course but funny we all thought the same thing.

Yeah, I started with HIC recipes and notes too but quickly found out I could not stick with just one brand. I also later found out HIC used a low wattage tank, I believe it was the Kanger Protank or similar. That then made sense as to why I was having a different experience than she was with some FA flavors. Even still HIC has to be one of the biggest influences in DIY, hard to think of anyone who was more influential and helped so many. What is she up to now anyway?

To each there own but to those that only stay with one flavoring brand I feel they are missing out on some excellent flavors. I personally have flavors from nearly every major flavor company that are must haves. If I had to stick with one brand I would get so bored I would probably give up on DIY.

7 Likes

I think that is very important like you said, you know many FA flavors so well it is easier to figure what will work for a particular flavor you are trying to achieve. I have to admit that there are some FA flavors that tend to give me dry mouth. I can’t recall which flavors exactly but when I mentioned it at VU there were others who had the same reaction. I know not all but had a friend who experienced the same thing. There are plenty of FA flavors I cannot do without though, just not all. I didn’t care for FA Caramel or Butterscotch, didn’t dry me out but never got the flavor from them I was expecting. I actually bought as many caramels as was available back in the day and flavor tested them all. I only used numbers at the bottom of the bottle so I would not know which was which. FA didn’t fare well but that is just based on my palate.

I haven’t searched yet but a thread that lists everyone’s top 2 or 3 flavors from each flavor mfg would be cool. I don’t think I have seen that here so might make it up this weekend. Would be a great source of knowledge to find who does what best.

7 Likes

Agree with most said, looking back I’ve done it very few times, once Capella, and more others FA.

As an observation, often times single brand mixes are an indicator of a mixer’s debt being paid back to a flavor manufacturer in return for a gift, and sometimes the mixers indicate that, just wish they do more often.

4 Likes

I am sure that is the case for some, I can also see those that are concerned about diacetyl only using FA.

I have been buying up a lot of new flavors recently, making mixes using only FLV and some only wonder flavors or Molinberry. You can definitely get great results only using 1 brand but then again why limit yourself?

5 Likes