Squonk Questions: From Novice to Pro

Oh boy, here we go again!!

4 Likes

Good share.

I caught this too. I was a little dumbfounded. Danial was quite nonchalant about the “auto firing” per my perception. Kinda brushed over it saying they’re trying but China was not real enthused. Danial got dinged about 10 points be me with that presentation. I had just went through that with the G-Box. I see that as a major issue. A safety issue. Maybe I’m missing something here regarding the gravity of the issue but I no fan of things firing and heating up by themselves. Cotton will ignite. When I was first trying to figure out how the measure coil temperatures I proved that.

5 Likes

@SmilingOgre @Jim22 is there a way to tell if your about to buy a first gen? I’ve been wanting one of these for a while but I have a bad habit of leaving batteries in a mod downstairs when I go to bed, autofiring is a kinda scary lol

3 Likes

Yeah I am unimpressed when someone makes allegations but doesn’t give any evidence and that bugged me. If he knows of cases of auto firing he should give a link where this is documented even if its a forum thread of people saying such. I asked at a local retailer and they haven’t had any returned. If its insider info from Ohm Boy, he should say so. Its too important of an issue to just gloss over.

@Fishaddict420 , if you buy from Ohm Boy and Grimm Green’s website, they give the batch number in the description. I am assuming my first mod was a first batch, my second was a third batch. They are now on the fifth batch. You can email him from the website and maybe there is a way to know from the serial numbers or something.
https://recoilrda.com/collections/rage-squonk-box/products/rage-squonk-box?variant=7654159482910

2 Likes

Ok, so these issues are just allegations for now? I usually follow reviews of a product for several months before I buy it (when the price drops lol), there have been so few complaints about the rage it’s incredible, most of the negative things said are about size/weight but I carry a 3 battery mod every day so that doesn’t bother me.

2 Likes

He starts talking about auto fire at about 24:09. He does say “he” so I guess he heard it from Ohm Boy. Then he isn’t sure if its one case or two, but never said its more than two. Having managed a company and dealt with people that abused and misused products, I wouldn’t rule that out, but if the devices truly auto fired, then Desire should make it right.

2 Likes

If it’s only 2 cases of it happening then it’s more likely abuse by the customer than a defect lol that would be my guess

1 Like

I use my Basium quite a lot. I really like it. I probably use it as much as my Rage and go back and forth to vape different flavors easily without switching RDAs.
So I went to rewick the Profile on the Basium and noticed it was wiggling back and forth and my resistance was jumping around. On further inspection I could tell the 510 was loose.
It was really easy to remove the four screws on the top, and there was enough wire to pull the top out a little to access the big brass nut and tighten it down.
Easy fix and it works like new.

4 Likes

It’s great that you were able to take care of it quickly and easily. Also a nice share (the fix)!

Overlooking the minor botch in QC, at least they chose to use a semi-decent 510 (as there was a nut to tighten down)!! :wink:

3 Likes