SmokyBlues Recipes

@Illogik I cleaned every one I uploaded, added pics, sorted the flavors, and text.

3 Likes

Awesome! Where did you get the pics from?

3 Likes

Just scraped them as I needed them; DDG.

3 Likes

Nice job! It’s taking me a while to add them as, like an idiot, I changed the formatting of the text in the notes to be easier on the eye but of course that adds time on to adding the recipe. Getting faster though! I’ve not added any pics either…

4 Likes

It’s all good, just as long as we get them up there. @woftam was right about using a global search/replace to fix the flavor conventions, but I already had them all uploaded, and they needed pics, and the comments/text still needed cleaned up anyway, so it was STILL a chore, but easier, to just edit them in place. Yes, it DOES take a while.

5 Likes

For @SmokyBlue.

5 Likes

umm that is not the recipe!! :stuck_out_tongue:

this right here lolol… hahaha!!!

@SessionDrummer hook him up on the drops lol… tell him how the og recipe tastes… :stuck_out_tongue:

Im in shock, in tears and laughing… bout to fall out my chair here… :smiley:

you guys have your hands full… and I want to say thank you… this makes me proud and I hope it will help others out in mixing. in thinking outside the vape box most stay in… change is good… be bold and daring… by starting with yes… Drops :slight_smile:

SD… yeah refer back to that last note! :stuck_out_tongue: gee… big loves, loads of laughs… and most importantly… enjoy excellent flavors!! :hearts: :rofl: :beers: :dash: :tada: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I didn’t add that as a recipe!

2 Likes

@SmokyBlue Whthek was having issues with flavours showing up wrong in some of your recipes that SD imported from elr. I was trying to help him out by taking a screeny of the first one I saw to point out how the flavours list should look as his was showing the flavour brand names twice! Scroll up further and all will be revealed!

I think that must have been in the bunch that SD imported and it was the first one I saw when I wanted a screenshot of a random recipe!

3 Likes

Whew, importing, cleaning, and imaging always takes time.

4 Likes

The MOMENT, it happened …

4 Likes

Is all good, @Illogik :wink:

hehe… 2 drops :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: will never ever forget it!! :smiley:

6 Likes

#4SmokyBlue

6 Likes

@SmokyBlue my co-workers on the conference calls thought you were bat shit crazy, BUT, …

“Hey, when’s Smoky coming back” ??

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

We might need one of those sometime, @SessionDrummer … Always a bag of fun!! :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

So I have added all of SmokyBlue’s recipes from the FLV Recipe book 1 and book 2.

All recipes added from here on out are from Smoky’s own (Huuuuuge) PDF and a lot of them don’t have steep times or even a description so I will copy them as I see them. If any of you have mixed any of them before and want me to add anything to any of them feel free to shoot me a message.

The one’s I add from Smoky’s own PDF will have a space in the name: “Smoky Blue’s”. All the others I added from the FLV recipe books are one word: “SmokyBlue’s”.

5 Likes

Bumping this post, with my original post from ELR.

@SmokyBlue has made it official, and she’s getting out of DIY’ing, and possibly vaping. Some newer members here may not know who she is, but anyone who’s been here for awhile, or especially anyone who loves Flavorah flavors, knows who she was. For years, she rapidly became the @Flavorah flavor expert, and ended up using only that flavor brand. She was a powerhouse FLV mixer, and flavorologist to say the least, and I can’t think of anyone who knew FLV flavors better than she did.

Due to some past issues, she moved on from ELR, but luckily for everyone here, all of her recipes are here, and there’s a LOT of them.

SmokyBlue’s Recipes on ELR

Now many others of you probably remember that Smoky and I used to get into HEATED debates, about everything under the sun, from scale resolutions, to her use of only one brand of flavors, to even her style of mixing by drops (I used numerous brands, and mixed by weight). The debates seemed to go on forever, AND, they got heated. Now the funny thing is, we became VERY good friends.

Some of the BEST times I had with her, was when she’d call me during the day, and I was hosting a call with co-workers, none of whom mixed, or DIY’ed, and I’d add her in to the call. ABSOLUTE shit show fun. If you wanted to see crazy, having me and Smoky in the same conference call at the same time, was IT.

Despite my strong desire(s) to use any brand of flavors I wanted to, or only mixing by weight, and our difference of opinions, I came to really respect her skill, mixing prowess, and utterly stunning amount of knowledge about FLV flavors.

With all of that said, I strongly believe that I was better for knowing Smoky, and I was glad I/we got past our heated “debates”, and both of us, started talking, here, on the phone, etc., and it was a great thing.

She still has tons of information available from mixing tips, flavors, usage rates, and a lot more available, and just because she’s getting out of the game, doesn’t mean she didn’t have a huge impact on the community.

Flv fan site http://flvfan.com/

My Fb link: Redirecting...
FB FlvFan Page FLV Fan
FB Group: Redirecting...

and of course…

Resources:

5 Likes

You can find loads of her recipes here courtesy of @Illogik

4 Likes

Ditto, SD! Mixing wasn’t her only passion, as Smoky is also a prolific seamstress. Using the old pedal style sewing machine’s, she can craft a multitude of utility type product’s, including, but not limited to, musician’s gig bag’s. Though I haven’t kept in close contact with her recently, it’s alway’s a pleasure to chat with her! I miss her around here, as well. Thank’s for paying tribute to her contribution’s to the DIY community. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

So glad you decided to bump this @SessionDrummer .
I am 100% going to look through those recipes for inspiration.

3 Likes