[REVIEW] Vaporesso FORZ TX80 Kit Review by Aliraonz

I have had the amazing opportunity of reviewing the FORZ TX80 kit, sent to me by Vaporesso. Oh my, colour me impressed, this little kit is definitively rugged, can sustain falls without missing a beat (mod and tank), easy to use, pack a punch and I am already in love with the FORZ TX80, but I will talk more about it soon. Is it my pleasure to share my personal opinions with our vaping community for my first review here.

First some information taken from Vaporesso website. Picture attached.

Here is the link in case you want to know more:

FORZ TX80 » Vaporesso

Inside the Box

• FORZ TX80 Box Mod
  • FORZ 25 Tank with GTR Coil 0.15Ω Mesh (pre-installed)
  • GTR Coil 0.4Ω Mesh
  • Replacement Glass Tube 4.5ml
  • Bag extra O-Rings and spare USB silicone plug
  • Type C USB Cable
  • Screwdriver (FORZ Tool)
  • User manual
  • Warranty card

Mod

The FORZ TX80 is very ergonomic. It is made of rubber with a zinc alloy frame and a leather padding at the back adding to the lovely style and making it feel very nice to hold. At the front it has a gunmetal alloy frame, fire button, a 0.69’’ OLED Screen, up and down button and a menu button at the bottom, on one side we have the Vaporesso logo at the top and an USB port covered by a rubber plug, on the opposite side only we see the frame and rubber, at the back we have the leather cover with stitching, mine is the brick black.

At the top it has a 510 plate with grooves on it and it has a spring loaded 510. I will say max tank size it can take is 25mm.

At the bottom it has a screw on battery cap with a clear minus on it and a red plus inside. There are not vents on it which is a negative in my book. It will be nicer if will have some, just for peace of mind. In saying so I can understand why it doesn’t, allows the mod to stay waterproof and dustproof. The mod takes one 18650 battery with a maximum output of 80W.

The display on the mod is simple, clear, easy to use, it has a couple of nested menus under DIY and System Set. I must give them a thumb up for having a dedicated button to access the menu.

To on and off the mod press fire button five times.

By default, it will go to F(t) Mode which is a new feature of the AXON 2 Chipset. This new feature changes the output voltage and heating rate within a certain time to give a wider temperature range which results in a more efficient use of the e-juice and gives better flavour and nicotine satisfaction. It is my preferred mode to be on, I do like the vape it gives.

To access the menu, you press and hold the menu button for like 3 seconds. This brings up the options:

• F(t) Mode
  • Pulse Mode
  • Power Eco
  • Smart TC
  • DIY Mode – Nested is VW (Soft, Normal and Hard), VT (SS, Ti, Ni, Custom Memory, Resistance lock/unlock), VV, Bypass and Super Player mode.
  • System Set – Nested is Brightness, Flip Screen, Default, Smart VW, Auto Eco and Version
  • Exit Menu

The menu has plenty options for all users and to move between the different menus, use up and down buttons. To exit the menu just select exit or press the menu button until it brings you back to the main screen.

If you press the fire button 3 times it locks and unlock the device while the mod is still able to fire.

If the battery goes below 40% the mod automatically selects Power Eco mode to preserve battery life.

The device is very ergonomic, it has round edges, feels very comfortable to hold and it is incredibly light. You can use either your thumb or index finger to fire the mod.

The mod, what can I say, well just that I am in love the FORZ T80, works perfectly, fast firing, ergonomic, light, well-constructed, nice looking device and I love the fact that it has a menu button and I don’t have to access the menu by using the fire button. Big plus in my personal view.

FORZ Tank 25

The tank is very well built, and it looks like it can take a fall without having to wonder if the glass will break. The 4.5ml capacity glass is enclosed in a rubber case. It used a very comfortable 810 drip tip with a silicone cover (to keep the dust out). For me all of this it says durability.

The tank has three airflow slots at the base with a hard stop on each one, the airflow ring has the right amount of resistance that it will not move by itself.

To fill the tank, one must unscrew the top, just one quarter of a turn and it is off. It does looks very think and light so I will caution any user to always be aware where we leave it. Once opened it shows two fill ports, something to mention here is that both looks like half blocked by part of the tank structure, so the filling is not so straight forward specially with bigger nozzle bottles. It can be done but you need to do it slowly to not make a mess. In my opinion the fill ports should have been bigger, I am sure Vaporesso could do this down the line.

I must mention that the threading of the bottom part of the tank was not smooth at all, but it has got better with time. Not perfectly smooth, maybe it will get improved in the retail batch.

The coils provided in the box are:

• GTR Coil 0.15Ω Mesh – Rated for use between 60-80W
  • GTR Coil 0.4Ω Mesh – Rated for use between 40-60W

Always remember to prime coils first, press fit the coil and screw the base clockwise, fill with juice of your choice and let it sit for at least 10 minutes. Just to make sure the coil is fully saturated. To remove the coil, use the FORZ Tool (screwdriver) as shown in picture below.

I used first the GTR Coil 0.4Ω Mesh, started at 30W, went up to 40W, slightly warm vape, and flavour is very good, going up the vapor started to get warmer vapour and bringing other notes to the juice. My prefer wattage for this coil is around 40W to 45W. Definitively a dense cloud producer.

With the GTR Coil 0.15Ω Mesh is a warmer vape but full of flavour, I went up in watts (not near the max recommended as this is way too close to the max wattage output of the mod) but the vape became too warm for my liking. In saying so the flavour was good and for sure it gave me rich and dense clouds.

Both coils are great, but I prefer the GTR Coil 0.4Ω Mesh so far, this coil allowed me to vape at lower wattage with a cooler vape which is what I like.

The FORZ Tank 25 will be in my rotation. Love the flavour and is very solid. No spit back at all. I did get a bit of leaking, but I will say it was user error because I left the mod on it side.

FORZ TX80 Kit

Positives

• Excellent construction and nice finish. It feels very solid and ergonomic.
  • Light.
  • Instant firing.
  • Love the fact that it has an allocated button to access the menu.
  • Menu is easy to use with plenty options.
  • USB Port (I do recommend charging batteries with an external charger)
  • Solid tank, no need for beauty ring or anything else to protect it.
  • Great flavour.
  • Can use own 810 drip tip.
  • No spit back.

Negatives

• No vents in battery door but like I said I can understand why there isn’t any.
  • Bottom threading on tank is not smooth (I hope it is better in retail versions) – Although is not a deal breaker but it will be nicer if it was smooth.

Wishlist

• Bigger fill ports to fill with larger capacity bottles like 100 ml and above without the need to be very careful.

In conclusion, I would really recommend the FORZ TX80, is a very well-constructed mod, very ergonomic, quite a looker, light, easy to use and plenty options in the menu with the new AXON 2.0 chip set which gives a very nice vape. I do think the tank complement this kit perfectly. It does look the part, durable, solid, well protected, plenty flavour with the new GT coils which are press fit.

I will like to to thank Vaporesso and Jasmine for the opportunity and If the community at VC like my review it will be my pleasure to keep posting some more :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Nicely done @Aliraonz.

1 Like

Thank you @SessionDrummer it means a lot coming from you :grinning:. I am fairly new at reviewing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the review @Aliraonz :+1:

I’m a big Vaporesso fan and I think I’ll probably get my hands on one of these soon so I’ll refrain from readig your until I’ve done mine (if i do)…love the look of it though :ok_hand:

2 Likes

You are very kind @Aliraonz.

Great in-depth review @Aliraonz, well done! :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you all for the support :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Looking forward to reading yours @Steampugs

2 Likes

Excellent review @Aliraonz it’s a cracking device! :+1:

2 Likes