[REVIEW] VapeFly Tim Pod

Thanks to Daisy from Vapefly for sending me this product to review!

Check it out on their website:

Disclaimer: This review is my own thoughts and I am not associated with anyone at Vapefly, nor am I being paid to write this review.

In the box:

• 1* Tim Pod battery
  • 1* Tim Pod cartridge
  • 1* 0.6ohm mesh coil, KA1 (included)
  • 1* 0.8ohm mesh coil, KA1 (pre-installed)
  • 1* Type-C cable
  • 1* User manual

Specs:

• Size: 26x18x120mm
  • Max output power: 30W
  • Max output voltage: 6V
  • 2A Fast-Charging
  • Step-up Circuit Board
  • Battery: built-in 1100mAh
  • Material: Aluminum alloy + PCTG
  • Cartridge: 4ml
  • Side filling
  • Replace coils:
    • 0.6ohm mesh coil, KA1 (included)
    • 0.8ohm mesh coil, KA1 (pre-installed)
    • 1.0ohm mesh coil, KA1 (sold separately )
    • 1.2ohm mesh coil, KA1 (sold separately )
  • Colors: Silver / Gunmetal / Black / Red & Black / Yellow & Black

Design

The design of the device in general isn’t that different from what we are used to from pods in the industry right now. It has a screen and a button on the front, along with some branding. The screen basically gives you all the information you’d wanna know when vaping, except for a puff counter. There is some branding on the front and back of the device and on the bottom you can find your Type-C charging port. On the left side of the device, there is your adjustable airflow and at the top, where the pod sits, it has a cut out on the front as well as the back, so you can always keep an eye on your e-liquid level.

Pods & Coils

The pod on the device is a comfortable one. You can easily slide it in or take it out, and the device lets you know it’s in there with a little bit of vibration. There are 4 coil options you can choose from and Vapefly was kind of to send me all of them to try out for this review. I usually love the 1.0 ohm and 1.2 ohm coils, but with this device I also really found myself liking the 0.6 ohm one. It gave me the perfect amount of airflow and I could the tightness of the draw with the airflow enough so it made for a comfortable, loose MTL draw. The 0.6 ohm coil, in my opinion, also has the best flavor.

Performance

The TIM pod comes with a new circuit board, which guarantees a consistent and stable output. With other vapes you may notice when the battery gets lower, that the output also gets lower. The new board for the TIM prevents this from happening and keeps a stable output power. That’s honestly the major thing that makes this device stand out. Not only do you notice it when the battery gets low, but I’ve also burnt a lot of coils with other vapes, because I charged them for too long and the hit was too much on the first few puffs. With this one, it always seems to be just right.

The device offers different options in terms of coils and adjustable airflow and wattage, which make it a really versatile vape that would cater to a lot of different people, experienced vapers or maybe even people who still smoke cigarettes at this point and really need to quit. Flavor on these coils was also really impressive, it’s really up there with the big names that put out pods on the market.

When you turn on the screen, most of the important information is just there, like the wattage, resistance and volts. It also shows you the battery and when you double press the power button it shows you the exact percentage that your battery is at.

I also really appreciate the different modes this device has. You can choose to use auto mode to prevent the coil from burning so it can only up to the recommended wattage for that specific coil. You can also choose to use DIY mode, to surpass that recommended wattage for the coil, but when you do, you might be burning your coils more quickly, so be aware of that. I personally prefer the auto mode.

Pros

• Big battery
  • Big e-liquid capacity
  • 4 different resistances to choose from
  • Removable coils
  • Adjustable airflow
  • Adjustable wattage
  • Auto mode or DIY mode
  • Auto draw or fire button
  • Fast charging
  • Stable output power

Cons

• No top fill
  • No puff counter

Verdict

In conclusion, the Vapefly Tim Pod proves to be a versatile device for vapers. Its combination of a big battery, 4ml e-liquid capacity, and a range of 4 different resistances really fit with diverse preferences. The adjustable features, fast charging, and most notably, the stable output power make it a standout device. While the absence of top fill and a puff counter may be drawbacks for some, the overall performance and user-friendly design make the Tim Pod a solid choice in the crowded pod market. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced vaper, the Tim Pod offers options to suit your style.

Another big thanks to Daisy from Vapefly for sending me this device to try out. Definitely check out www.vapefly.com

5 Likes

Well written…thanks @VapeReviews2023

4 Likes