Review: Punkapes Personal Air Filter

Smoke-Purifier-Air-Purifier-Filter-Cigarette-Paper-Punkapes-Disposable-Ecigarette-Filter

I came across the Punkapes Personal Air Filter while browsing a shop recently. Given my frequent travels, I thought this device might be a game-changer for those moments when I need a stealthy vape in airports or hotels where vaping isn’t allowed. So, I pulled out my bank card and paid what seemed like a reasonable amount for what the sales guy claimed to be an amazing product.

First Impressions

Opening the box right there in the shop, I noticed the unit I bought didn’t have a filter installed. The sales guy quickly swapped it with another device that had the filter, and we were off to a great start.

What’s in the Box

Features:

• Durable plastic shell designed for travel
  • Silicone mouthpiece for comfortable use
  • Replaceable carbon air filter
  • Long lifespan: up to 500+ uses
  • Soft touch matte exterior for a sleek look
  • Improved airflow for better performance
  • Designed for continuous use
  • Includes preinstalled filter cartridge

Physical Parameters:

• Size: 49mm*90mm
  • Weight: 159g

The device looks like a mini garbage can with the PunkApes logo printed on it. It has a nice weight and the aluminum body feels good in the hand. The mouthpiece covers your mouth well, but my thick beard caused some issues.

Putting It to the Test

I took a big drag on my vape, put the air filter over my mouth, and exhaled. The cloud billowed out the sides of the mouthpiece. It felt like blowing into a balloon or taking a breathalyzer test. Trying again with a smaller drag and exhaling slowly while squeezing the device into my face, I managed to keep the cloud in the device. Or so I thought. As I moved it away, a large cloud escaped. I gave up and decided to try again later, wondering if it was designed for smaller devices.

After some contemplation, I gave it another go. Taking a big drag and pushing the device into my face, I exhaled slowly. A small amount of vapor escaped, but not enough to be noticed by onlookers—a theory I later confirmed. Holding the device in place for a few more seconds, no cloud appeared when I pulled it away. Success! I repeated the process several times with consistent results. I even managed to prevent any vapor from escaping from my mouth or nose after a few tries.

Verdict

Would I recommend the Punkapes Personal Air Filter? Yes and No.

Pros:

• Handy for stealth vaping in places like Ethiopia and Uganda where vaping is banned.
  • Useful in airports, Ubers, or taxis.
  • Effective after some practice in preventing vapor escape.

Cons:

• Potentially allows kids to hide their vape clouds in inappropriate places.
  • Not necessary for most vapers.

For me, as a frequent traveler, it’s a useful addition to my vaping arsenal. It’s not perfect, but it gets the job done in certain situations. If you find yourself needing stealthy vape solutions, the Punkapes Personal Air Filter might be worth considering.

4 Likes