Real Flavors Thread (RF)

He definitely marketed them as such for awhile! Actively so.

Though this example is from a limited run, it shows the label type they were using at the time.

Save these because the forum might delete them (due to file size)

So, for the ones that claim PG free (such as this), there’s really no known alternative, other than PDO… And that makes me question things further.

4 Likes

I believe there’s a reason for that.
Things were still very much in Flux as to which route he was going to go (or, perhaps until he used up the stock of PDO was exhausted…) Strictly speculation though.

2 Likes

done :wink: :+1:

5 Likes

That is one of the early ones of the sc line the msds is for the current professional concentrates so they may well be a different composition.

So the Extract, SC and Professional Super Concentrates may well all be totally different concentrates (same flavours) just different carriers etc

3 Likes

Precisely, and that’s my belief. But we’ll likely never know the truth. Because they have constantly been monkeyed with.

2 Likes

I don’t have any of the one drop flavours but i would suggest it just has more pg - no way of knowing as there are no msds sheets on the one drop site - either that or there has been a massive fuck up with linking msds sheets

4 Likes

Well, the SC is “super concentrated”, and requires half the amount of flavoring than the One Drop version… :wink:

So until he posts the normal “retail price” of One Drop (which already requires 7-9% if used as a SF… Oh wait! There’s an out! These are “enhancers” :roll_eyes: lol), we can’t take him to task on that! :laughing:

3 Likes

Forgive me if I’m wrong but…isn’t a lesser dose of a concentrate already an enhancer…? :roll_eyes:

So a weaker version of flavours that are already out on the market and more than likely sold at a similar price?..

why would anyone buy that?

4 Likes

Trying to hook the non mixers

4 Likes

@Sprkslfly I’m now faced with the dilemma should I create a new RF PSC set of flavours on elr as they are clearly different from the rf sc - carrier wise anyhow, from what I have used the % remain the same as the sc. I will know more when i have a few more of them to play with.

At the risk of attracting OHM Girl back I am reluctant to make a thread about the pg base of the PSC

3 Likes

IMO…

No.

And FUCK NO.

Let Lars decide if he wants to deal with (or even raise the awareness about the “situation”). At most (so it keeps you free and clear of any fallout), I’d say bring this thread to his attention, and then sit well back, and let the chips fall where they may.

@anon96069639 STELLAR digging my friend! And the most sincere thank you for taking the time and putting forth the effort! Blisteringly well done sir!! :applauds:

8 Likes

I have really tried to like RF. I like to support the underdog and I like to support business in my home state of Michigan.

Having said that, I have been disappointed over and over for reasons stated above, flavor fade etc…
The One Drop so far for me are another disappointment. I certainly don’t get any flavor boost from adding a drop or even several drops. I haven’t done dedicated single flavor tests but have substituted strawberry, watermelon, cotton candy and blueberry in some of my existing recipes with mediocre results.

The berries are weak even at higher levels of the flavorings I was replacing them with. The watermelon is OK but tastes like a mix of cantaloupe and honeydew rather than watermelon. The cotton candy just tastes like sweetener rather than actual cotton candy flavor.

Maybe I will find one RF flavoring I just can’t live without, but so far I am just not feeling it and I am kinda tired of giving them chances to win me over.

7 Likes

Yep. That’s why I didn’t bother. Even at 79¢ each.

6 Likes

Ya I spoke to Ken about it today - we went thru every sds sheet for the one drop and the PSC concentrates together to make sure all the ducks were lined up.

4 Likes

The puzzle pieces that everyone is missing it the sds for the first and second releases from RF - the “Raw Extract” and the “Super Concentrate” . I am convinced that each name change is a totally different product.

Check out the one drop Blue Raspberry vs the PSC
As you can see they are exactly the same the only difference is the % of the ingredients. But what I find strange is that the Blue Raz it listed as just super concentrate not professional super concentrate

4 Likes

You’re not alone.

I genuinely don’t believe that any company would go through all the expense, time, and trouble of rebranding, adapting the descriptors (extracts, etc, then characteristics that each label promoted, etc), were it not to legally cover his ass.

4 Likes

Walt has answered over at elr

2 Likes

More like "Walt has tap danced at ELR… "
I saw a response there. :wink:

I saw deflection: ‘Let me get with my team…’

I saw shift in blame: ‘The SDS sheets are wrong…’

I saw omission: no addressing of what the primary carrier is then (as astutely observed by Mixologist13) either currently, or at varying stages.

But IMO I saw no answer.

6 Likes

Oh i agree and said exactly the same to Ken. Answer should have been ‘repLIED’

6 Likes

Some very good questions in there!

I only hope we can actually get some straight answers.

(While I’m curious as hell, it’s not going to affect my choice of whether or not I deal with the particular company in question… I’m still curious as to how the chemical composition affects both the distributor shipping [and by default, pricing thereof], not to mention the possibility of it affecting something ‘piddly’ like us as individuals shipping a few flavors back and forth among friends)

One I would add just because…

Are the penalties “adjustable”?
Meaning: are they lower for an individual who unknowingly ships something higher than expected? Or could we get hit with some INSANE penalty of $60,000-$80,000usd, like a corporation has?

Even a $2000-$5000 penalty could financially cripple most folks I know.

5 Likes