Raspberries of choice

I’d like to preface by saying I love raspberries, most of my favourite commercial e-liquids have had Raspberry in them but when it came to mixing I’d never venture to far off from Beryl or Raspberry Sweet TPA… What are some other good Razzes that you can use and push fairly high?

6 Likes

@JoelSq, I"m experimenting now with a pairing of Sobucky’s Raspberry Syrup, Medicine Flower’s Wild Raspberry, with a topper of Medicine Flower Lemon, and it’s proving to be a 1-2-3 punch.

9 Likes

I use Razzleberry-FW at 3%, along with Wild Raspberry-MF in my custard recipe, @JoelSq

8 Likes

I didn’t need much either when I used that pair. It was only 1% SSA and 0.3 MF, just checked forgot I added 0.2% FLV Boysenberry as well to that mix.

7 Likes

Never heard of Sobucky’s is that the Pretty gal that used to work for INW?

6 Likes

I like the Sour Blue Raspberry Candy WF, and it can be pushed
Here’s a mix I did recently:

7 Likes

I think so @JoelSq.

6 Likes

I’ve been having some fun messing with VT Red Soft Candy (a Raspberry Gummy) with SSA Raspberry Syrup paired with some chocolates to create a Chocolate Raspberry Bullet. Basically a gummy raspberry with a chocolate shell.
VTRASPBULLETS

10 Likes

:drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face:
Give me! Give! I was thinking of making these the last time I ate a bag in one go.

5 Likes

Couldn’t resist throwing something together, stealing @lukeloop chocolate layer. :+1:

Heads up @FlavorChaser this has your name allover it :chipmunk:

9 Likes

I’m not looking… :joy:

Dammit I looked… :joy:

7 Likes

Has anyone tried that new CSC Raspberry Jam? I’m not that fond of the VTA version as I get a rather artificial perfume like note from it and wondered if the CSC version was any better.

3 Likes

I have it but it is in this bag of untried flavours :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’ll dig it out though and see what’s what

Me neither never really liked this one

5 Likes

Thank you @marsh8, I look forward to hearing your thoughts. I have boxfuls of concentrates that need testing or that I have yet to use in recipes so you’re not on your own.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I have found it and have 2 testers that I’ll let sit until tomorrow morning. More to the point I need to rewick :wink:
SFT @ 1.5

Raspberry Jam

Flavours %
Crumble Topping (SC) - Wonder Flavours 1.50
Raspberry Jam - Chefs Super Concentrates 1.00
Shortbread Cookie - Sobucky Super Aromas 1.50
Sweet Cream - Vape Train Australia 0.75

Flavor total: 4.75%

7 Likes

It is a nice raspberry, although it leans more towards candy than jam in the SFT. It didn’t come across as thin and watery like sometimes happens with raspberries.

In the mix it separated nicely from the bakeries and came across less candy, maybe another raspberry would help lean it in the right direction.

Overall, I like it. However I don’t think it will be the only raspberry needed to form a jam layer. Maybe some apricot, I dripped this on top and it seemed to pair well.

6 Likes

@marsh8 thank you very much for testing this flavour and letting me know your thoughts. It sounds pretty decent especially (like you said) when backed up with another jammy type flavour to thicken it up, I am also pleased to hear that it becomes less candy like when used in a recipe. I don’t know if it’s just me but raspberries seem to be a tricky flavour to get right and can easily go wrong and become perfumey like ladies hair lacquer if not used with care.

5 Likes

I totally agree! The best raspberry I’ve tried recently was SSA Premium Raspberry.

6 Likes

Well that’s good news for me as I’ve just ordered some. Happy Days.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Ok @marsh8… When did you sneek in the black currant razz?? Nice try but I sniffed it out :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes