R.I.P Adam Johnson

Adam Johnson was an American Ice Hockey player and star of the Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team as well as playing two seasons for the Pittsburgh Penguins!

On October 28th while playing for Nottingham Panthers away to Sheffield Steelers Adam tragically lost his life in a freak accident (a skate blade slashing his neck)!

The football team I have supported since 6 years old Nottingham Forest had a planned one minute applause for Adam at the 47th minute point (Adam’s number) of their home game against Aston Villa on the 5th November.

This is were something special happened! On the stroke of the 47th minute and the minutes applause began Orel Mangala struck home Forests second goal, then the second the applause finished a beautiful rainbow appeared above the City Ground!

If that wasn’t enough Orel Mangala since moving to Forest has shown a keen interest in the local ice hockey team going to see them as often as possible (no idea why he took such a shine as he’s from Belgium) and guess what Orel’s middle name is, yes you got it, Johnson!

4 Likes

3 Likes

Obviously a person with no meaning to me (though one with friends and family who must be suffering. I will remember them all in my evening prayers. And hope, hope that those who took joy in his skills hold the happiest moments to your hearts.

4 Likes

So what does your spiritual side make of Forest scoring as the minutes applause starts, the goal scorer having Johnson as his middle name and the appearance of the rainbow, it seemed almost biblical!

3 Likes

Sadly I am completely ignorant when it comes to sport, so I offered my prayer, blessings

3 Likes

And, I just noticed that it’s 2am. As I am not young I better rest but send me a poke, punch , or bitchslap, if I fail to reply.

4 Likes

surely sport is irrelevant. These days they have about 5 mins injury time first half and 10 second half so the average football match lasts 105 mins so what’s the odds when 2 goals are scored the second goes in the second it turns 47 minutes when the planned minute applause for Adam Johnson starts and the scorer of that goal Orel Mangala’s second name is the same as the deceased surname not as if Johnson is a common name in Belgium, Then as the applause comes to an end a rainbow appears. You don’t need to like or even understand sport to see that’s all very spooky!

3 Likes