Pugsley sees right through the Steam Crave Glaz V2 RTA

I’ve tried the higher watts and I’m much like you. Hot vapes are just not nice at all. I do have all my different tanks running at different wattages but they are all set for max airflow.

I may well be one of these people.
After using all my SC aromamizers with max airflow, anything less seems very restricted. My Fatality feels restricted with anything less than max airflow and even with max airflow, the Valkyrie still feels restricted.

2 Likes

Maaaaaan, there’s only one Pugs and HE WAS THE ALL TIME BESTEST. BY FAR, BAR NONE. I’d read 'em knowing I’d never buy the product. He’s one of the biggest reasons I joined this place. Yet now I see ‘retired’ by his name. :cry:

4 Likes

Indeed mate. His reviews are hilarious. Who cares what the review is actually about, he just has an amazing way of writing in a very entertaining way. Shame he quit tbh.

4 Likes

Well, as you see, there’s “feeling” or wanting that feeling, but may NOT have a direct relation to flavor.

2 Likes

Sometimes LESS is MORE (flavorful).

2 Likes

I don’t think I can reliably rate my RTA’s/RDTA’s for flavour because I pretty much chain vape most of the day and the vapers tongue this gives me is very good at muting flavour. It is a lot better now that I have 4 flavours on the go at once but they are still muted.
I remember when I first made my spicy spectacular, after every puff I would be like ‘omfg this tastes so good it should be illegal’, but now, it just isn’t like that anymore. Which is a damn shame!

2 Likes

I find better flavour with more restriction but it’s really down to the individual airflow design and I tend to go for RTA’s and RDA’s where this will be the case, some tanks can give great flavour both with restricted and airy draws but the draw and wattage has to be set-up in tandem to find the flavour which is why I don’t tend to get such great flavour from full on DL tanks, it’s not the flavour won’t be there it’s just I am not prepared to go any higher wattage to find it! Like @SessionDrummer said there are so many variants that makes a difference! They use to split it into flavour chasers or cloud chuckers but there is much more to it than that, think of it as a science all of it’s own which if anyone think they have cracked are kidding themselves!

More restricted tanks is all about getting flavour from condensing the vapour by having the chamber as reduced as possible and narrow chimney etc while more DL tanks tend to be much open in their design so to get flavour you need to dial the wattage up!

3 Likes

VERY agreed @Timwis.

@Timwis do you mean compressing/compression ?

3 Likes

You know it, lol! It’s nearly 2am here! :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Oh shit, sorry Tim, my World Clock appears to be OFF tonight.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

From the 7 RTA tanks I currently have, funnily enough, the one that gives me the best flavour by far is the titan, which is obviously also the biggest one. I guess this could also be down to personal preference?
I think the fact that I’m vaping 3mg nic salts may play a part in the amount of airflow I use. I literally have to suck on a more restricted RTA until I turn blue before I can even tell that I’m inhaling something. On the titan though, I guess because of the huge coils I have in there, I can feel the warmth from the vape sooner which clearly lets me know that I’m inhaling something and also gives me epic flavour.

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, I’m still very much a beginner at this compared to you lot. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hadn’t seen this review before @Steampugs as entertaining and informative as ever, Not tried this one but have got the original, this looks a nice upgrade! After now having the MTL version a V3 must be about due!

3 Likes

Well there’s no real wrong or right @Illogik. You’ve just got to find the sweet spot for the device, AND, your vaping style.

2 Likes

I hope so because I would love to get my paws on one of these.

LOL …

3 Likes

Did you have the original SD?

1 Like

I THINK @Timwis but I never opened it (tisk tisk). I’ll have to check …

2 Likes

We know coil height is important and definitely with Steam Crave RDTA’s but the original Glaz probably I found this more important than any other rebuildable I have used! Zero flavour but then raised coils by just a mm, really good flavour!

3 Likes

Wow, that’s saying something. After researching the hoard spreadsheet, it appears as if I have the Glaz Minis.

4 Likes

lol, you have that much stuff that you need a spreadsheet to keep track of it all? :wtf:

2 Likes