Please Help my Recipe

Any suggestions on helping this recipe. I feel it needs a better peanut butter layer.

download

5 Likes

Is it lacking in the Butterness of it needs a bit more of a Peanut Kick?

5 Likes

Purilium Peanut butter cookie.

7 Likes

Biscuit INW could lend a hand to butter and give texture to the wafer as well I would imagine, if that’s what you’re after.

7 Likes

I use INW biscuit in some recipes just for the sake of it, it only improves any recipe, very useful!

6 Likes

And I was thinking if a Peanut kick was required which actually probably isn’t the case INW Zwei Peanut but very low as it’s just in your face Peanut!

6 Likes

Always enjoyed just plain Peanut Butter by TPA, I love it’s oiliness, like the natural stuff I buy from the grocery store.

There was mention of bitterness and I always thought that FLV kinda tasted like the skins, but I don’t have the greatest tongue-punch

7 Likes

I’m with @JoelSq on PB’s. Not sure about the DX, but if you were using reg. TFA PB, I’d say try doubling what your at now.

5 Likes

I haven’t made a peanut recipe for the longest time so I went to my flavour notes

Peanut Butter DX The Perfumers Apprentice 1-1.5
One of the few instances where the DX is better than the OG. It is a wee bit stronger and richer than the OG and is my prefered out of the two wouldn’t take much to candy up to make Reeces peanut butter cup PB and is still a sweeter American style PB

Peanut Butter Flavorah .5-1
Very true to its name and an exceptional peanut butter - is very close to health food store peanut butter (ie just peanuts) - it is not sweet like many and has the slight salty red skin present - if you want an American peanut butter this is not the one for you since it isn’t sweet. this almost gives you that stick to the roof of your mouth type peanut butter and while it is dry it is perfect to pair with TPA DX.

6 Likes

Yes and yes!! I like DX peanut butter but in this recipe it just doesn’t fit. I feel it needs a smoother/sweeter peanut butter that is strong but won’t dominate the wafer cookie. I have FW, and both TPA PB’s. I also have FA and VTA Peanut, and WF Peanut Briddle, and Honey Roasted Peanuts.
And BIG YES for INW Biscuit I don’t know why I didn’t use that in the first place.

6 Likes