Personal protection (pistols and Semi-Autos)

It would be interesting to try to control the bike while it was firing

5 Likes

You’re talking mere toys here guys. The only reason I’ve armed myself is to protect myself from my Guberment, that’s the only way you can be truly free.

I’ve got a dozen cruise-missiles with nuclear warheads stashed in the shed and I’m currently bidding on a submarine with nuclear capabilities and a bunch of drones.

I’m also looking into one of those air defence systems for over my house because those shifty bastards come from all sides.

As for personal protection, that’s easy, I live in flat country, all I need is a sniper-rifle and a rooftop.
I can see em coming for miles and can pick off anything suspicious, they never have a chance. That, and of course a bulletproof house in case my trigger happy neighbours are having a row :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

I have a baseball bat, and a few more things I can swing really hard (not sure i wanna use guitars for that tho)

4 Likes

Just gonna drop this here lol, I love my guns, and guns in general, but I find myself carrying a small fixed blade more and more often…

5 Likes

Canes are excellent, you could also carry a cane with a 12-18” blade in the handle:)

6 Likes

6 Likes

I wonders if the 21’ rule applies to cane guns vs cane knives…

4 Likes

A lot of the leverage points of Greco Roman style wrestling, used in clinch work in Muay Thai as well and judo could be adapted to use a cane with a large or open style crook. With you being 6’3” you have amazing leveraging abilities against the average sized man, especially with a cane. Just using the cane to throw someone off-balance gives you the opportunity to get to your sidearm easier.

5 Likes

7 Likes

For home, I’m using my 12 gauge. Couple reasons. #1 just the sound of a 12 being wracked (shell chambered) in your direction is a very scary thing. That sound alone will probably deture just about any intruder. #2 Stopping power, self-explanatory #3 lots of choices for ammunition’s buckshot, birdshot and slugs or my choice the sabet… #4 I feel is just as important as the others. Speed loading= with a little practice, you can load a pump just as fast as you can unload.
For a hand gun and conceal carry, personally I would go with a 9mm. Reason being, larger rounds tend to bounce went fired so it takes you longer to get back on your target. Smaller rounds help keep you repeatedly on target. Open carry I’m going with a 45 just because it is bigger and I want the bad guy to see it.

3 Likes

Mine’s a breech load, tilting down the barrel to load. I wish it was pump because that is frightening to hear, even when I do it. It has a fun and unmistakable sound via breech, but nothing compared to that chick-chuck burglar alarm!

3 Likes

You can usually pick up a Mossberg 500 new around 250-300. If your looking for home defense, they make a 18in barrel also. But if you want a hand gun the Walter you shared is a good choice imo. They’re known for reliability. My next pistol will probably be M&P M2.0 Compact | Smith & Wesson

4 Likes

I used to have an Ithica Model 37 Police Special which had a rather unique trigger action - they called it a slam fire. No practice required for the trigger reset and action rack coordination. All you had to do was keep the trigger depressed and rack it to fire allow for super rapid fire (basically as quick as you could rack it it would fire)

3 Likes

Nice, the ole Ithaca 37 deerslayer. That’s what my old man uses, he’s had two actually. One burned up in a fire years ago but definitely a nice gun and option to have. Basically a semi-auto!

2 Likes

Here you go @anon96380778. It’s used but it’s only been fired once.
25388310-pistol-with-a-curved-trunk-isolated-on-white-

5 Likes

I can think of a few who I would like to gift this to - and i bet all of em would take it to the range to try it out.

5 Likes