Oxva Arbiter Solo Review

Personally I only use 28ga with titanium (27ga Zirconium) because of the much lower resistance of those wires but with SS wire 26ga I have always found best and much easier to work with but it’s up to you of course!

2 Likes

@CaptainKirk yeah, I doubt I’ll ever part ways with my go to SteamCraves, BUT, I do DO a fair amount of MTL, and am always on the lookout for any that approach the flavor I get DTL’ing, and are relatively hassle free to build, fill, and use. Always on the prowl.

Hehe, I KNOW, see what I mean ?? !!! I get loaded up with flavors, and some MFG equipment, next thing you know, my “fun” queue is all backed up. I appreciate the time you spent on writing the Arbiter up, and the details you gave. You’re making me want to dive into it and the M25 v.2. Good eye by the way.

3 Likes

Those large post sections are going to take up so much chamber volume once a wicked coil is in there really the vapour is coming straight off the coil into the chimney, perfect for getting flavour with MTL, the smaller the chamber volume the better!

Yet at the same time a decent gap is present for the coil so despite the reduced chamber a bigger ID coil can be fitted allowing for a coil more suited for RDL if that’s the preference!

For anyone who tried top airflow years ago and found it gave muted flavour what needs pointing out is this is a top to bottom airflow design which is very different to traditional top airflow, the air enters via the top but then travels down a cavity and back up through the deck the same as bottom airflow and the reason it’s no surprise that this tank will be excellent is because it’s designer Justin was the designer of the first top to bottom airflow design the original Zeus so the entire concept is his invention!

5 Likes

@Timwis, you’re a fountain of information. Your observations regarding post size, coil space, and airflow are well taken, and I will ensure that I incorporate these well considered topics if I do future reviews - Thank You. I also appreciate your historical notes regarding Justin and Geekvape.

I also saw your earlier note:

It’s impossible for me to argue with experience!

4 Likes

In no way was I criticising your review my main point was getting across this isn’t top airflow as many of the old guard vapers know it and then I tend to ramble on!

1 Like

Very agreed. True top flows, while very leak proof, proved to be very FLAVOR proof as well. I’m anxious to see how this one works internally, and of course …

Snap 2023-10-30 at 17.41.36

4 Likes

I have not used it myself but as of yet I don’t know anyone who has tried it who hasn’t been impressed! Always been impressed with any top to bottom airflows I have tried ever since the original Zeus which was one of two innovations of that year the other one also being by Justin, the original Aegis which at the time a waterproof, shockproof, dustproof mod was just wow! I might have to get one myself just to find out for myself whether this nails MTL while giving flavour up there with the best strictly bottom airflow MTL RTA’s as all the previous top to bottom airflows I have tried have either been RDL or DL.

3 Likes