On a personal note

Oh mate, that is fantastic news - I hope the results are everything you are hoping for. Good luck

9 Likes

That is really good news! I was just talking about the revolutionary invention of glasses the other day, without them a lot of us would be incapable of having a productive life.
I wouldn’t be able to read anymore.
Now, with technology moving on they can do a lot more
My boss had her eyes operated on last year and she can see perfectly now.
I wish you all the best, my thoughts will be with you. :hugs:

9 Likes

Am praying for you. Very exciting news!!!

9 Likes

Eye Carumba, that’s great news!

8 Likes

That is great news @anon96069639, all the best for your operation.

7 Likes

Great news, hope all goes well for you :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Good luck! Hopefully it works out better than they expect!

6 Likes

We can only hope that’s the case, technology has come so far.

Yeah I bet you are, just gotta think positive and hope for the best

8 Likes

Speaking of which, are you going to pay extra for the photochromic lenses and night vision?? I know I would be all T-1000 if I could!!! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

@anon96069639 be like

(Not making fun, sir!!! Just happy for you; injecting a bit of my ineffective humor!)

6 Likes

@anon96069639 May I ask what the issue is with your eyesight?
I have Fuchs degenerative disease in my left eye and was wondering whether that is what you have?

5 Likes

I understand where you are.
I have also been told that cataracts are forming in the same eye that has the Fuchs, and was diagnosed with astigmatism many years ago.
I will follow your journey with interest, as it sounds like I will have to follow suit in the not too distant future.
It’s a bugger getting old, isn’t it.
All the best my friend.

6 Likes

We are fortunate that in NZ we still have state medical care if you are prepared to wait for the system, which is what I will have to do.
I am fortunate in that my right eye is pretty good, so it compensates for the left eye.

4 Likes

That is fucked up. In my business I unfortunately see that, I am not in the health insurance business but when a tenant goes into bankruptcy we get notifications as a debtor. So far it has always been due to health problems, 3 tenants thus far and I fear a 4th is on the way due to cancer. These are not low income people either, those people get taken care of, it is middle class with a 6 figure income, to work so hard and have your future in jeopardy due to an unforeseen illness is truly fucked up.

I am confident all will go well for you my friend, we are all too beautiful on this forum for you not to see us shine bright :grin:

5 Likes

Yes we are indeed fortunate to have the health care system that we do have.
When I spent 2 weeks in hospital to have my gall bladder removed, I came out owing nothing, I am so grateful for that.
On top of that I am a member of the St John’s ambulance service which covers my wife and I for any ambulance transportation, which is a blessing as well.
My eyesight is being monitored and I am in the system, so when the time is right I will be put on the operating wait list, but not before.
To be 200k out of pocket after paying your taxes all your life tells me there is something seriously wrong with your system.

5 Likes

I understand what you are saying, my wife works for a charity that provides budgeting services to the local community, and the sad tales I hear every day really make my heart sad.

4 Likes

I don’t mean to interrupt everyone’s disdain for the health care system, but @Mjag, it sounds like you swallowed a Care Bear. Good grief.

Good luck Dan!!! Zero Hour approaches!

3 Likes

But it told me it loved me! …dang, fall for it everytime, Care Bears are evil :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Mom just had her left eye done in Dec (lens and all), and I’ve been with her since. Marked improvement already, but due to complications (and scarring) it’s taken longer than expected.

I expect you will come out far better off. I pray things go smoothly for you.

4 Likes

90% is damned amazing. Congratulations man!

4 Likes