Odin Mini V2 Mod by Vaperz Cloud - Misleading

We all remember the Vaperz Cloud + Dovpo + Toilet Mouth collaborations The Odin 100, The Odin 200, The Odin DNA250C and Odin Mini (DNA 75C version of Odin 100).

Earlier this year we got the much anticipated Odin 200 V2 and now the arrival of the Odin Mini V2, or have we?

Now I have the Odin 100 and loving it’s aesthetics and being a sucker for the DNA75C chipset I have 3 Odin Mini’s! I almost pulled the trigger on the above thinking I would be getting the Odin Mini V2 at a bargain price but luckily scrolled and read the details to find I don’t care what Dovpo + Vaperz Cloud + Toilet Mouth call this (I believe on purpose to mislead some) This is the Odin 100 V2 with 100W proprietary chipset!

7 Likes

Yep not dna if that’s what your after that will come along later just to get more money from ya hold fire and wait or buy one and dna it yourself

2 Likes

Not sure it will, the original Odin Mini was DNA75C and this is the Odin Mini V2 when in reality this is V2 of the Odin 100, only the DNA version was called the “Mini”.

4 Likes

Yep both their own chip and dna 75c hang fire dna will come along

2 Likes

My point is why are they calling this the Mini V2, the 100w Odin wasn’t the Mini only the DNA version which I think is misleading!

4 Likes

I have the 75C version and the thing has taken a shit kicking and still works but not as nice as before.

3 Likes

I only paid £70 for each of mine with a free 21700 thrown in with each, was hoping to get all 4 colour options but by the time I had the funds to get the Gunmetal it was back to normal price!

1 Like

I think that was a bogan collaboration too, to be honest both the Stubby and Odin have been pretty decent, I have my issues with the Stubby but it’s actually a really decent device.

1 Like

Yeah I did say they were toilet mouth collaborations!

1 Like

ya bloody dickhead

1 Like

bloody too tame it would be fu7king!

1 Like

Tim we all know it’s just China being China. I wonder if they think they’re being clever or they’re just thick. :rofl:

The mod looks sharp. All aluminium, and a round 510 (easily user replacable) are worthy changes. When potty mouth talks about screen changes for batch 2 or 3, says not firmware upgradeable to me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

shhh, shhh, dude are you insane?

1 Like

If this really was the Odin V2 and had a DNA 75C chipset I would be seriously interested but I’m not sure if I am just tight but for a single battery mod with proprietary chipset this seems pricey.

As mentioned I have both the Odin 100 which I reviewed and three Odin Mini’s and my view is rather than pay what the Odin 100 cost you might as well pay that bit extra for the premium chipset (the build materials are also superior), I also understand many just wouldn’t benefit from the better chipset but then my thought is I can buy many single 21700 mods just as good as the Odin 100 for half the price!

2 Likes

If accused they will play dumb but yeah about as sincere as a politician!

Actually I might start using that, when someone isn’t being totally honest or they are intentionally being misleading “they are doing a China”!

3 Likes

More Dovpo stuff, taken from a review here, that must have come from their marketing. Surprised no one called it out actually.

Uh, huh. :joy: Like what 18650 EVEN NOW is capable of 140 watts as a single or 280 watts dual.

3 Likes

Nah, you are correct, sir. Completely. I must say though, I have rarely seen a Dovpo complaint, so that’s a good sign at least.

3 Likes

All those potentiometer devices claim the same:

I think it’s kind of based on theory but as you quite rightly point out not in practice.

I explain the reality in the introduction section of this review:

3 Likes

Yeah, maybe with the 50amp 21700’s, but not with 30 amp 18650’s

3 Likes