They too have caught the ban bug

1 Like

This too will make your eyes water.

2 Likes

The price is a little out dated on that graphic i think they just went up 12%

4 Likes

Upside is they still havent worked out
A) How to police (ie dectection) sending a vape product from another state
B) If i never go to South Australia it is unlikely they would charge and extradite me.

But nonetheless there are still some in Sth Australia that live more than 8 hours drive from a B&M

6 Likes

@anon96069639 I don’t think it is just the US situation that is causing grief around the world, it is probably more greedy politicians, cashing in on an easy target.

4 Likes

Our government appears to follow no one country in making it’s decisions.
They tend to cherry pick what suits their agenda, so our proposed regulations have a bit of UK/Europe and a bit of US thrown into the mix. By the end of the process they may well have a few more countries thoughts chucked in for good measure too.
Please don’t feel that your country is the cause of all the ills, it is the greedy deadbeats that started killing your citizens with their black market money making junk.
I hope they are charged with murder.

5 Likes

As much as I appreciate your sentiments, I try not to make comments on another countries politics or state.
Edit: I think you guys do that very well on your own :rofl:

4 Likes

This one is unrelated to what is happening in the USA right now it has been coming for the last 12 + months.

For those interested, I will explain a little of what went down more of how they did not why they did.

Firstly as many of you are aware we cannot buy e-liquid here that contains nicotine so how they managed to get all vape products classed as tobacco products I will never know, but they did and due to this clever bit of fuckery it enabled the South Australian government to extend its tobacco laws namely but certainly not limited to the outlawing of purchasing tobacco products by either mail order or internet.

The last government of South Australia proposed this law and were happy to enter into a dialogue with the vaping industry an agreement was reached for a far less draconian set of laws specifically tailored to the vape industry. Before the rewrite of the bill was able to be introduced to the S.A Parliament an election was called and the government was voted out. The new puppet masters scraped all the hard-won concessions and promptly enacted the initial bill refusing to even speak to the vape industry.

This law has been coming for a long time (it is almost 12 months I think since it went into the law books).

3 Likes

That’s it in a nutshell. Unfortunately it is worldwide, not just in the good ol’ US of A.

7 Likes

If only eyes would open to things like that. But ala$…

4 Likes

Tobacco used to be grown quite widely here but commercial tobacco farming no longer occurs in Australia.

The industry began to wind down during the mid-1990s, with successive announcements at state and federal level for government-financed restructuring grants (exit grants) to tobacco farmers to assist them in leaving the industry.

At the same time, the government deregulated and removed tariffs to squeeze out any farmers that were still growing tobacco which made it less economically viable.

Not a great deal our politicians are all bought and paid for by pharma - to the point where our government has changed laws and moved heaven and earth to allow the legal farming of a specially designed opium poppy (much higher yield) in both Tasmania and just for a surprize South Australia. Australia produced a little more than half the worlds supply of legal opium specifically for pharma companies (basically our government caused your opioid crisis). With the crackdown on opioids, farmers are walking away from growing poppies because they are less lucrative than they were in the '90s and '00s.

6 Likes

Does not include vaping though, yet…

2 Likes

It will - if you cant smoke you cant vape here in Victoria.

4 Likes

Smokes had their yearly price hike here yesterday > The tobacco excise will increase by 12.5 per cent on September 1, resulting in an average 20 pack of cigarettes costing more than $35.

These politicians are just kidding themselves if they think they are dropping the smoking rate with price hikes - they will collect more than 17 billion this year from tobacco tax this year - it is the biggest tax in Australia and it is paid by 3 million people (number of smokers)

3 Likes

Glad those bastards aren’t getting my money anymore. Rip off merchants!

3 Likes

It’s a great revenue steam for them :grin: but it sucks the big one.

3 Likes

From @sevencasper on ELR …

2 Likes