November 2023 Top Recipe - Lemon Pound Cake

Novembers top recipe is Lemon Pound Cake by @lukeloop if you like what you see why not give it a mix and leave a comment

You can follow @lukeloop here

7 Likes

Thanks for posting these @Grubby. I have a bottle of this steeping that will hopefully be ready for Christmas and I am very much looking forward to trying it.

6 Likes

Congrats, @lukeloop :tada:

6 Likes

What is the knuckle test like for you?

3 Likes

thanks heaps, it is a nice one

3 Likes

Hehe, THAT is an UNDERSTATEMENT @lukeloop. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I haven’t tried doing that yet so I will taste it later and get back to you.

4 Likes

I just got back from holidays and going though my mail. Waiting to hear yout thoughts on the lemon pound cake :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I hope you enjoyed your holiday. I’ve been chasing my tail with so many things to do since my last post so I do apologise for not tasting it yet and getting back to you sooner. Tomorrow is a far more relaxing day for me so I will taste it then and try vaping it in my one of my beloved Blotto Mini’s as they give me the best flavour out of everything I’ve tried. Merry Christmas mate.:christmas_tree:

3 Likes

@lukeloop, well I actually managed to try your Lemon Pound Cake recipe on Christmas Day evening and I am very impressed because it’s absolutely delicious. It has everything you would expect and want from a real life lemon drizzle/pound cake including the butter and it could also pass as a lemon glazed doughnut as there are nuances of that there too. The lemon is natural and doesn’t have any of that nasty artificial Pledge taste, it also gives me a little tingle on the tip of my tongue which makes it quite a lively and zingy lemon. This recipe is saturated and satisfying and doesn’t leave you wanting plus it has good body which leads to a nice full mouthfeel which is always important to me. Well done mate, you have done a stellar job here and I rate it top marks. This could easily be a top shelf best seller.
Edit. I did use the recommended substitute of FE Lemon @ 1% instead of the Medicine Flower Lemon.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

You Sir are a champion, thanks very much for taking the time to mix, steep and review the juice. Your comments mean a lot to me and make it worth the time and effort to post these things for people to enjoy. Much appreciated. Have a great New Year.

4 Likes

It’s my pleasure and only what you deserve for the hard work that you must have put into creating these amazing recipes that you are kind enough to share with the rest of the community. Thank you. Happy New Year to you too mate.:beers:

4 Likes

Well deserved @lukeloop.

4 Likes