NEW NomNomz Super Concentrates (Super Charged) Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- Testing Now!

Cucumber (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (3-28-24) – After a slight break, BACK into these with the Cucumber. This smelled, and tasted very natural and accurate to a real cucumber. Mostly the body, with some hints of skin. On the finish, it rounded out with a slight honeydew, which was an interesting twist. Overall it was a fairly sweet flavor, and I’m not sure if that helped or hurt it overall. Not candied, but still fairly sweet, and at about mid-level sweet. No off-notes, with the exception of the aforementioned slight honeydew finish. At 1.5% it was very full, and might be able to be reduced 0.2% or so. Not oversaturated, but 1.1-1.3% might be the better solo weight. Fresh, juicy, natural, accurate, and tasty. Hard to nit-pick, BUT, I’ll throw in a minor take-off for the higher than expected sweetness, and the ever so slight green honeydew-ish finish. Leaving it still VERY high at a 9.0/10.

3 Likes

Dragonfruit (Pitaya) (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (4-1-24) – Right away, I could tell this wasn’t JUST a Dragonfruit. I did get some DF in this flavor, but it was only a PART of the entire flavor. There was a fairly present note, that was fairly distracting, and NOT from the DF persuasion, and it almost resembled a cantaloupe melon. An odd profile to have in a DF, and it didn’t entirely mesh well WITH the DF. At times, I also got hints of Kiwi in there as well. This one, despite being very unique, seemed all over the place most of the time, and was fairly distracting, and wouldn’t work out well, as a solo, or main driver DF. Sweetness was just below mid-level, and the off-notes were more than present, and fairly distracting. All in, more of a mish-mosh of a DF with some other fruits, and somewhat of a cantaloupe. Marking down for the off (distracting) notes primarily, and leaving this one somewhat lower at a 4.3/10.

3 Likes

Praline (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (4-1-24) – If you’re not sure what a Praline is, it varies somewhat, depending on where they’re made. This one did remind me of an American “Down South” version, as I got a nice little pecan nutty-ness from it. Now in conflict with that, I did get a very light chocolate at times, not typically found IN the American version, so perhaps it was a mashup of versions. Sugary, buttery, caramel-y, and nutty were what I got from this one. At 1.5% it tasted VERY good, BUT, was still somewhat relaxed (sorry). Perhaps bumping it to 2.0% would help. As I made my way through the testers, the buttery richness on the finish increased, making it even tastier, and with some lighter toffee-ish notes. The underlying nutty-ness was hard to nail down, as one minute I got more of a Pecan, other times, a light, non-bitter hazelnut !!! Yes, it was a deliciously confusing flavor to try and describe. I will say, even somewhat relaxed, it was HARD to put down. No off-notes to be had, and sweetness was about a tick below mid-level. All in, a VERY good candy-ish flavor with light nutty-ness (pecans/hazelnuts), sweetness, butter, and light caramel/toffee notes. It was a very accurate representation, even if it straddled one or more type. Too good to not leave this one high, and finally decided on a 9.6/10 with the only issue being the somewhat relaxed nature at my 1.5% testing weight.

3 Likes

Pear (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (4-2-24) – I’ve had some very “so-so” luck with Pear flavors in general, and am always hoping the NEXT one, will BE the one. This one DID have some nice Pear notes in it, BUT, I got some other notes too. As strange as it sounds I got some light Celery, and almost Tea notes from this one. Both of them were light, but I def. got them both. There was an interesting “Honey-like” aspect to this one at my 1.5% testing weight. Not the overt taste OF honey, but somewhat honey-like. It was very full and tasty at this weight, and sweetness was almost at mid-level. I had a very hard time trying to articulate the exact ratio of peach, to celery, and light tea, but maybe 80% pear, 15% celery, and 5% light tea to give you an idea. Mostly Pear, but with some passengers. Were they deal breakers ?? Ehhh, not deal breakers, but take-offs for sure. Like MOST other Pear flavors, I never got the “Sugar Sand” effect, which may be IMPOSSIBLE to replicate in a flavor, and the Pear I did get was fairly natural with some slight artificial notes. While not tart, there was a little sizzle in there, almost like a citrus-y kick to it, which kept this one interesting. Every now and again, I did seem to get a hint of skin, which kept it more authentic, than not. While weighing the take-offs, this one was one of the better Pears I’ve tried, and keeping that in mind, I decided to leave it at a 9.0/10.

3 Likes

Thanks for the review. Now my No1 favorite just above Chemnovatic Lemon cream wafer.
I loved the Chef’s SC was so disappointed when they stopped.
Keep up the great work.
Deedeegee

3 Likes

Raspberry wafer :star_struck:

3 Likes

Energy Drink (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (4-3-24) – As a rule, I don’t drink Energy Drinks, and am not entirely sure why more and more MFG’s are making this flavor, BUT, they are. For any of you “Energy Heads” who DO try this, feel FREE to chime in, as I can’t compare this to Monster or any other ED. As expected this one WAS a medley of flavors, so get out your pen and paper, because I got a few in here. After three tanks, this was the closest I could get. I got a non-fizzy mountain dew-ish flavor, paired with a Flintstones chewable vitamin, along with a nice red, candied apple, and possibly another “red candied” berry fruit. And THERE it is, that’s as confusingly close, as I can make it. Now the chewable vitamins flavor wasn’t overpowering, nor bitter, so it wasn’t off-putting. Sweetness was at about mid-level, and it was (I don’t drink these things) fairly good, and present at 1.5%. Off-notes ?? Hehe, I have no clue what’s supposed to be in here LOL. Let’s say no. All in, it actually wasn’t bad, and I didn’t grow fatigued after 3 testers, and it was fairly unique, at least as flavors on my racks. I can’t directly compare it to any ED’s on the market, so scoring this will be a wild guess. Because it was tasty, interesting, and non-fatal (LOL), I’ll leave this one higher on the scale, and leave it at a 9.2/10. Interesting, non-medicinal, with good, light chewable vitamins notes, and more.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the kind words @DEEDEEGEE.

1 Like

I wonder what lemon cream wafer and raspberry wafer would be like together.

3 Likes

Hmmmmm, interesting @lukeloop

1 Like

Puffed Rice (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (4-4-24) – Is Puffed Rice the same as Rice Krispies ?? No. Krispies have malt flavor, sugar, and salt, whereas MOST Puffed rice, is just that. This flavor is probably the MOST accurate PR that I’ve ever tested. It literally smelled, and tasted JUST like a fresh bag of PR cereal. No malt, no salt, and only marginally sweet. It also had that almost dry-er cardboard-y note that the real cereal has, and no, that’s not an off-note, it’s an accurate note. While there were SOME similarities between say TPA’s Rice Crunchies, and FE’s Sweet Rice, it was still quite different and unique. No real off-notes to speak of, with the exception of a very slight AP note, but it was very light, and I almost didn’t even mention it. PRC (Puffed Rice Cereal) is ALL you need to know about this one. Very barely sweetened, and it was pretty full at my 1.5% testing weight. Just SUPER accurate. That’s all there is people. Marking down only very slightly for the very slight AP note, but that was IT. Tasty, accurate, and true. Easily a 9.9/10.

3 Likes

Strawberry (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (3-14-24) – Red, Perky, and Sweet were my three big take-aways on this one. I know, I know, another strawberry ?? Hehe, yes. It’s a crowded field for sure. This one presented as a damned natural Red, somewhat juicy Strawberry. Red seemed to be the “center” of it, but there were hints of white, and maybe just a smidge of green floating around in there as well. Just at face value, it was pretty complex. At 1.5% it felt like it might benefit from a little push, maybe 0.5% higher. I got much more of the middle body notes, than the bright sparkly notes, so I’ll just call it “Mid Centered”. There was some bright high notes, but far lighter than the main profile in the middle. There was some nice tart-ed-ness mixed in, but just enough to mimic a real strawberry. What was odd about this one, was it wasn’t “thin” or “watery-ish” like many fruit flavors, and it had some “weight” to it. Hard to explain, but I think it was the focus on the middle range of the SB, rather than just the higher/brighter notes only. Throughout all 3 testers, it stayed just as natural tasting as it did in the beginning,so no muting or fatigue. Even with that said, I think a smidge more of the brighter, sparkly notes would have worked here. Sweetness was about mid-level, but it was not candied, or jammed. All in, an impressive natural, fairly complex strawberry, which was centered around a juicy red strawberry, with minor white, and green accents. No off-notes, but just felt like a little more sparkle would have helped it pop more. Leaving it at a 9.1/10.

3 Likes

So is it like Rice Bubbles cereal?

2 Likes

@lukeloop I’ve never had Rice Bubbles before, but it just looks like Rice Krispies, re-branded for other markets.

Ingredients:

Whole white rice (91%), sugar, salt, barley malt extract, minerals (iron, zinc oxide), vitamins (niacin, riboflavin, vitamin B6, folate).

I would say SIMILAR, but the flavor is literally just like, JUST puffed rice, no flavors, or additives.

3 Likes

just a different name in Australia :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Vanilla (Bourbon) (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (4-6-24) – Bourbon Vanilla aka Madagascar Vanilla is always the darker of the Vanillas. Some think it’s name implies Bourbon notes, but the name actually refers to where it is grown. This one did a good job of reproducing many/much of the darker vanilla notes, and it also had an underlying richness, almost creaminess to it. While typically one of the strongest vanillas this one seemed to be a little lighter, and had a very short half-life. It was pretty rich, and full, but once exhaled, it was GONE. A very interesting “gone” effect, with no lingering. While it was “on” it was dark, and rich, with some light caramel notes, and it tasted very natural with no overt “extract” or artificial notes. Sweetness was just below mid-level, and there were zero off-notes to nit-pick. About the only issue would be the disappearing act, RIGHT after the exhale. I’m thinking only minor take-offs for that, because when it was “on”, it WAS on. Full, rich, with a light creaminess, plenty of darker shades of Vanilla with light caramel-y undertones, and very natural. It felt fairly placed at a 9.2/10. Good, natural, accurate, but might need a little push from another vanilla in some cases.

3 Likes

Peach (Yellow) (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (4-6-24) – Hehe, WOW, I was unprepared for this one, and it was a SHOCKER !!! The first thing that came to mind with this one, was Unapologetic. Yes baby yes. Full on, In Your Face, no apologies, punchy yellow peach. Even if you’ve never heard of Clingstone or Freestone, as a way to categorize Peaches, this one will PUSH what you thought possible, with a Peach flavor. I would call this a HYPER realistic, punchy, yellow peach, that was about as close, and naturally so, that you could get. You could literally taste the different shades of the peach. Very juicy, just sweet enough, tart, punchy, and VERY full at the 1.5% testing weight. Not syrup-ed, canned, or baked here, just a full on, fresh, juicy peach. The very natural taste, and complete saturation levels of this one could not be overstated. At times I got a hint of fuzz, other times not, but needless to say, the ONLY thing missing with THIS peach, was the PIT. Yes, that was it. NO off-notes, complaints, issues, nadda. One of the best things about this one, was NomNomz was able to really CRANK it up, with very nice bright punchy notes, but without leaning on any apricot, or nectarine notes, as it stayed 100% true to it’s name. Wow, this one was a great one, AND, I had no choice but to Release the Kraken, and 10/10 it. Hehe, yeah, unapologetic is just about right for this one.

3 Likes

I could be mistaken or thinking of ssa but isnt there a compote strawberry or SB jam by Noms super charged? .I’ll check the super aromas again both Noms and SSA as im likely wrong or i could check your ssa testings again .I recall putting it in my cart n taking it back out until i read your Notes and ratings. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok i checked maybe its not in this lineup there’s def Strawberry jam, Apple,toffee apple(the pic shows a red candied apple),Plum,Peanut butter .I read the doughnut one which wasnt in this particular list either but it was in my Email but did you test SB jam?

1 Like

@Mookeye I’ve still got a few to finish up on with this series, and the only SB is the SB Wild. I did previously test the Chef’s SB Jam …

2 Likes

Ok thank you , its def Noms Super Charged.On page 8 next to the reg Strawberry there’s SB Jam , its ok i ordered it last night anyway plus Apple and Apple Toffee which are the first 2 flavors on page 1. I guess ill find out soon enough but their actually cheap for what your getting being an SC concentrate but ill find a use for it im sure, how bad can Sb jam be right lol
Thanks SD :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes