NEW NomNomz Super Concentrates (Super Charged) Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- Testing Now!

Vanilla (Bourbon) (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (4-6-24) – Bourbon Vanilla aka Madagascar Vanilla is always the darker of the Vanillas. Some think it’s name implies Bourbon notes, but the name actually refers to where it is grown. This one did a good job of reproducing many/much of the darker vanilla notes, and it also had an underlying richness, almost creaminess to it. While typically one of the strongest vanillas this one seemed to be a little lighter, and had a very short half-life. It was pretty rich, and full, but once exhaled, it was GONE. A very interesting “gone” effect, with no lingering. While it was “on” it was dark, and rich, with some light caramel notes, and it tasted very natural with no overt “extract” or artificial notes. Sweetness was just below mid-level, and there were zero off-notes to nit-pick. About the only issue would be the disappearing act, RIGHT after the exhale. I’m thinking only minor take-offs for that, because when it was “on”, it WAS on. Full, rich, with a light creaminess, plenty of darker shades of Vanilla with light caramel-y undertones, and very natural. It felt fairly placed at a 9.2/10. Good, natural, accurate, but might need a little push from another vanilla in some cases.

3 Likes

Peach (Yellow) (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (4-6-24) – Hehe, WOW, I was unprepared for this one, and it was a SHOCKER !!! The first thing that came to mind with this one, was Unapologetic. Yes baby yes. Full on, In Your Face, no apologies, punchy yellow peach. Even if you’ve never heard of Clingstone or Freestone, as a way to categorize Peaches, this one will PUSH what you thought possible, with a Peach flavor. I would call this a HYPER realistic, punchy, yellow peach, that was about as close, and naturally so, that you could get. You could literally taste the different shades of the peach. Very juicy, just sweet enough, tart, punchy, and VERY full at the 1.5% testing weight. Not syrup-ed, canned, or baked here, just a full on, fresh, juicy peach. The very natural taste, and complete saturation levels of this one could not be overstated. At times I got a hint of fuzz, other times not, but needless to say, the ONLY thing missing with THIS peach, was the PIT. Yes, that was it. NO off-notes, complaints, issues, nadda. One of the best things about this one, was NomNomz was able to really CRANK it up, with very nice bright punchy notes, but without leaning on any apricot, or nectarine notes, as it stayed 100% true to it’s name. Wow, this one was a great one, AND, I had no choice but to Release the Kraken, and 10/10 it. Hehe, yeah, unapologetic is just about right for this one.

3 Likes

I could be mistaken or thinking of ssa but isnt there a compote strawberry or SB jam by Noms super charged? .I’ll check the super aromas again both Noms and SSA as im likely wrong or i could check your ssa testings again .I recall putting it in my cart n taking it back out until i read your Notes and ratings. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok i checked maybe its not in this lineup there’s def Strawberry jam, Apple,toffee apple(the pic shows a red candied apple),Plum,Peanut butter .I read the doughnut one which wasnt in this particular list either but it was in my Email but did you test SB jam?

1 Like

@Mookeye I’ve still got a few to finish up on with this series, and the only SB is the SB Wild. I did previously test the Chef’s SB Jam …

2 Likes

Ok thank you , its def Noms Super Charged.On page 8 next to the reg Strawberry there’s SB Jam , its ok i ordered it last night anyway plus Apple and Apple Toffee which are the first 2 flavors on page 1. I guess ill find out soon enough but their actually cheap for what your getting being an SC concentrate but ill find a use for it im sure, how bad can Sb jam be right lol
Thanks SD :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Strawberry (Wild) (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (5-14-24) – Getting back in to the few to finish off this series with this one. At 1.5% it was fairly strong, but felt like it could use just a little bump, so 2.0% might be the better SFT weight. As it was, it was an interesting Strawberry. I actually got a mix of both a Wild SB, and a slightly candied SB, with light artificial notes. It was somewhat smooth, and not what I would call a “ripe” SB. No jammy-ness or pectins here, and it had some tartness on the finish. The “wild” part was harder to quantify, but I think the second slightly artificial/candied note was what handled that more than anything else. Overall it was natural tasting, with some hints of candied. Sweetness was a few ticks below mid level, and there were no off-notes to complain about. I couldn’t decide if the two different notes worked together or not. Overall, it was a very “smooth” strawberry. I think having some more bright end punch would have helped it pop a little more. As it stood, a good smooth SB that was fairly natural, with some slight candied/artificial notes. It felt good at a 7.9/10.

3 Likes

Popcorn (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (5-15-24) – It’s safe to say that “Popcorns” are tricky, or everyone would be making them. This one was in the “ballpark” of a Popcorn, but it was fairly light, and not entirely all of the way there. Clearly there were some popcorn elements in there, but I don’t think it could be the star in a popcorn mix. There were no overt butter notes, but there was a certain richness that implied there was some in there. It was somewhat sweetened, but quite a bit below mid level. Smelling it, there was an almost light AP note, and an almost toasted popcorn kernel smell that was very accurate, but it didn’t fully translate when testing it. With no real off-notes to complain about, I think this one would def work IN a mix, but would need some pairings/boosting to fully work. All in, a good, light, “some of the way there” popcorn flavor, that would work great, with some support. Because I score heavily on accuracy, I’m going to push this one up a bit, but not near the top, and leave it at a 6.9/10.

1 Like