New motogp season has started, who's watching?

Only a couple of hours to go until the first race of the season in Qatar, I can’t wait!

Hoping Marc Marquez can reclaim the championship this year after a tough couple of years due to injuries.

Anyone else into motogp?

2 Likes

I’m going to the Grand Prix of the Americas in Austin Texas in April. I can’t wait it’s been a few years since I’ve been able to make a live race. I used to go to Watkins Glen NY all the time for MotoGP.

3 Likes

Oh nice, that’s awesome! I’m so jealous!
Hopefully the new track surface will be less bumpy than last year :grin:

2 Likes

Yes I can’t wait. I’m kind of hoping that Morbidelli learns something from being teammates with Rossi. Though I’m hoping that Miller can do something this year. I’m hoping I can meet Rossi again so I can get his autograph on my Rossi jacket. I already have one of his original helmets he autographed from a few years ago.

3 Likes

That’s awesome! How did you manage to get your hands on one of Rossi’s helmets? I heard he literally never gave them away until he threw his one from the last race into the crowd.

2 Likes

Oh it’s not one of his actual helmets. In 2006 I was at a race and bought a replica helmet from AGV’s Rossi signature line. He was there and offered to autograph it. People do sell his used helmets online for like $3000 a piece.

3 Likes

Ah, nice. Very cool :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Headed up to Austin this weekend for the MotoGP @Circuit of the Americas Looks as if Miller isn’t doing to bad this year. He typically does well at this track. Looks like Marquez is finally gonna get his first ride this season.

3 Likes

Man you’re so lucky to be going there. Hope you have a great time!
Marquez rode the first race this season in Qatar and finished in 5th place. Then took a huge highside in practice at Indonesia and smashed his head into the ground which made him have to miss the last race at Argentina. As you say, he will be back this week at Texas for the COTA race.
I’m tipping him for the win as he has already won there 8 times before, it’s one of his favourites. Assuming he doesn’t wreck himself during practice/qualifying/warm-up first lol.

4 Likes