Need a laptop. Need advice

If you get that one @WickedFog, let me know how it works out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It sold. I just bought a new phone, so I was trying to scrape up the dough. Looking around, that was a pretty good deal dammit. So if you run across anything cheap, keep me posted.

1 Like

Shit, sorry mate. :frowning:

1 Like

It will be ok. Something will turn up. I have a brother who is a complete pc nerd who may be able to help me figure something out.

1 Like

That is why I made this post - for suggestions. There have been numerous gpu series that have come and gone since I last looked at computers. I think the Quadro 2000K was fairly new then? The GTX 1080 is another front runner I remember, which is now old news.

Maybe I need to set my expectations a little lower, and just look for something to do the video and graphic stuff with. Of course, anything I buy will probably be as good as some of the PC’s I used at some of the shops I worked at where I dealt with some very complex 3d models. I opened a 3d model of the Corvette ZR-1’s front clip one time. It was the complete doghouse, with engine, hoses, wiring, etc, directly from GM. The computer almost puked, but it did it. And that was a bottom end i5 Dell XPS with an older Quadro series.

I maybe should call a local PC shop here, but I don’t trust any of them. Which is why I am here. When I lived in Indy, engineering workstations were easy to come by. But here in my home town, not so much. So thanks for alternate suggestions!

3 Likes

Wow, dude that sounds horrible. I didn’t realize it was that bad for you. I’m sorry, I should have paid better attention.

Awesome choice man. I had picked something else out but this is a better choice. Thanks for posting it. I’m gonna give this to my nephew’s dad and they both will be quite happy. Super cool thread man. Thanks, @bodarc for the awesome link.

This is great man! It’s out of stock but I’m still happy there are still a lot of computers to choose

3 Likes