My first ever coil build (with a pre-made coil)

Well, I definitely did something right. All I did was remove the wick, stuck the coil tool thingy into the coil and spaced out the loops a tiny bit before re-wicking. I didn’t trying stuffing more cotton in there just yet but if this popping (which really isn’t an issue, I’m just being pedantic) doesn’t dissipate, I may well try to stuff more cotton in there next time. The flavour now is immense, even at 35w, 5w lower than I was using it before I just re-wicked. I have been running my TFV16 at 120w to get less flavour than this.

Can the popping not just dissipate on it’s own after a bit of vaping? I am using max VG juice, could that maybe effect how quickly the wick gets fully saturated?

5 Likes

Well done mate.

The popping you hear is as Brian said just means the wick is a little loose in the body of the coil - it is nothing to worry about at all unless you are getting lava shots to your mouth hole (little drops of superheated. unvapourised juice). Personally, I would leave it as-is unless it is creating discomfort.

6 Likes

Nah, There’s no juice actually spitting out or anything, I can just hear tiny popping sounds as I vape but it does seem to be a little less each time. This flavour though, holy shit. I thought the TFV16 chucked out great flavour but this blows that right out of the water. Only using a single coil build atm too. Not tried the series deck yet or the mesh deck.

6 Likes

VERY agreed with @whthek, spitting/popping is almost ALWAYS loose cotton IN the coil, not the tails, but the BODY of the cotton IN the coil. Make it a little thicker, with a little more TUG in the coil.

4 Likes

Will do this tomorrow, thanks SD.

3 Likes

And that is EXACTLY how is HAS to be done. Some fails, many more successes.

4 Likes

Loving this tank though. CAN NOT wait for my titan kit to arrive!

4 Likes

If there is ANY water on the coil, or in the juice spitting and popping can happen. Maybe on a fresh load, it needs a few draws before everything settles down.

4 Likes

Hehe, that works for me. Say NO to the Lava !!!

4 Likes

Getting more flavour at 35w using this than I was at 120w with the TFV16 lol

4 Likes

That will settle down! But as mentioned slightly loose cotton, it’s were pockets of juice get trapped so tends to happen even if the cotton is the right tightness with braided coils etc but almost certainly the tightness of the cotton with that coil but it will settle even if left!

4 Likes

Well THAT’S never a bad sign.

4 Likes

Sorry guys it’s all about the crackle :+1:

4 Likes