Modefined Lyra 200W Box Mod review by Mjag...Lost Vape quality?

Couldn’t agree more. Ohm’s law is concrete. Regardless of which parameter is “spotlighted”, the bottom line is the same. You have to have valid, reliable, repeatable data before you can make use of it.

In a nutshell, this is why the DNA was always at the forefront. The better the chipset (higher sample rate = ability to refresh data faster, combined with the ability to calculate faster = faster reaction time = the more accurate the regulation is = a more consistent vape).

The other part of the equation though, is the chosen “outer limits” of what makes (or keeps) a given data sample accurate and relevant, is the firmware. Again where DNA shines.

I’m with Ogre here, in that they likely still have all the preexisting “tricks” incorporated… They’ve simply chosen a slightly different focus target to lead with. Sometimes the only way to “flush” a misconceived launch by the public at large (even though it was correct, and proper, and functional), honestly I’m not surprised only 10% used TC. IMO, it’s too complex for the masses.

Replay apparently simplifies all of that, and is what’s been needed for a long time (again, for the “non-enthusiast”).

The problem is, with the young bucks (up and comers) like Smoant with their v2 chip in the Cylon… Is it too little, too late given the price gap?

The Smoant Cylon effectively put a very long and very hard nail in the coffin of the gap between the cost of DNA/YiHi devices IMO. When the performance is practically identical in quality of draw, reliability of no dry his, and repeatability, there’s honestly not much left to worry about. The outliers in my mind then become circuit efficiency (battery life), and aesthetic design. And I’m not going to pay a premium (double, or more) for either of those.
I would consider 10% more for good aesthetic design, or a 20% bump for a noticeable increase in efficiency (assuming the price point of the Cylon remains in the $50-$60 bracket), but I’m squarely in the performance first segment, which feels like the minority strangely enough, especially given all the folks regularly screaming “matchy-matchy”. LMAO

yeah yeah… Your mod’s “cool”, but how does it vape? Ahh. Sorry to hear that. :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I do think we are on the same page here. Right page or not, lol. I have to trust the owner of Escribe when he says there are many parameters in play here because I obviously have no idea myself. I suspect while in the “reading” mode it is profiling every puff and saving that to temporary memory. After initiating save, I don’t believe the exact profile is recreated. I think that is impossible. What is recreated is an amazing “perception” of the saved profile. The mp3 music format comes to mind as it uses perceptual fidelity. IMHO, that’s some real wizardry there. As a tangential side note, I think the folks here on VC will appreciate replay as we are all pretty much in search of that perfect vape and pay attention to detail. I do think the market for this is marginal though as so many folks just want to grab something, suck on it, and get fog. I think those folks would be wasting money on replay. Oh, and I agree as well per the cylon. Smoant is nipping at the heals of YiHi and DNA with that one.

4 Likes

as expected…a real pro review brother :wink::ok_hand:

think its gonna slip me by this one, kinda wish it wouldnt now lol

3 Likes

Awesome review @Mjag🍻 good read!

4 Likes

Thanks brother! I was thinking this would be a mod you would enjoy, holds your Sherman like a star and another opportunity to flaunt it and remind me I need to get one…lol

Thank you @Eddie, I appreciate it!

4 Likes

Awesome review. Looking forward to the Billow X Review too. Wish I could find a US retailer.

2 Likes

Thanks Jim!

The Billow X is pretty good so far but I haven’t had a chance to compare it to my other favorite dual coil RTS’s, hope to get to that soon.

2 Likes