Mochi recipe (help needed)

Id keep the mm vanilla @PAPACHiGLY

What is a mochi:

Looking at this… I am not sure on the FE sweet rice, if anything I would just drop it from the recipe…
I would sub graham cracker flv in its place at .2% - .4%

Unsure if I would go with a plum pomegranate mix… I would work on the base mix first.

If I did anything, I would think on apricots, figs and persimmons…

7 Likes

VT rice base can support the FE sweet rice.

11 Likes

I have no clue how one would add “chewy”. Interesting thread. I only just solo’d FE’s Sweet Rice, and it does cut the mustard in regards to ricey rice.

8 Likes

HeHe, @PAPACHiGLY, the question of the week (or year) if you can hit all those notes, I’ll be the first to buy All the flavors and mix it up :ok_hand:
I was recently was reading some notes about a “crunchy” flavor , I don’t get crunchy in any liquid :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Thanks for the input :pray: I’m gonna get smoke plum (INW) and/or try with apricot/fig. I imagine a darker sweet paste filling.

7 Likes

INW. Smoked Plum is an especially good flavor for sure. I’m not sure if it would work here though and am very curious to find out what you do with it and how it works. Since you are gonna grab some Inawera (w makes a V sound) you might think about grabbing Miss Cream and I think you will like the mouthfeel and it will work quite well for the dessert portion also. Personally, I have yet to come up with an outstanding recipe using Miss Cream. I say that but I have only made 3 and 2 were vapable IMO and one not, I did put some FA. MTS Vape Wizard in it and that just might make it decent. I hope so because I haven’t tossed a recipe in quite a while (probably because I don’t create a lot).

just in case you are interested, I made a short video about miss cream. I did one on the smoked plum too but I’ll just leave the miss cream below. Well, a link to the link anyway
INW. Miss Cream GOOD LUCK man. Hopefully, you will crack the code.

6 Likes

@Dan_the_Man Thank you Dan. I’m actually putting (another) Inawera shopping list together and Miss Cream is on it. I was intent on using it as a building block for an ice cream pudding type thing.

5 Likes

Marshmallow or MM Vanilla will… if it sits long enough… a week+

thing is… mochi is normally like pastells… they are light… almost like a funky marshmallow…
I dont see how any “dark” flavors would work with something meant to be light… but one can try…
never know unless you did. :slight_smile:

I personally like the green tea ones… well not really a green tea… they are brushed with macha powder… I have a recipe somewhere for that… and I used pineapple as a base for my dessert…

5 Likes

@SmokyBlue You may be right about dark fruits. I guess it’ll naturally turn the whole recipe dark.
I may aim for a sweet bean paste filling. Thanks again for the input :pray:

6 Likes

Nice. Can’t wait to see what you come up with. If it’s good I might use it in a video if that’s ok with you. I’ll be sure to leave a link and let everyone know who created it.

5 Likes

By keeping the fruity aspect of it light/low it will make it more believable :slight_smile:

Good luck, Papa!! :coffee: :tada:

5 Likes

Although having the best of intentions, those who don’t know what mochi is like and its consistency and taste it becomes difficult to extrapolate. Being fortunate here in Raleigh we have several Asian markets and even in the frozen food section of Aldi occasionally we see some Mochi. That being said, perhaps this is another challenging Rabbit Hole worth going down and similar to our thread on orange creamsicle?

4 Likes

You can put me on THAT side of the table …

4 Likes

OMG! Mochi is like ice cream, or cake or coffee. so many varieties, and definitely some better than others. I count myself fortunate, to have access to many foods from other cultures and I sure love trying new ones. Mochi is the coolest outer wrapping around a cool filling. if you remotely have access, its worth trying !
edited. cause- I can! lmbo

5 Likes

Hmmmm …

6 Likes

Exactly… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

From the Mochi I’ve tried it’s almost got the consistency of a Polish dumpling called kluski but a little drier.
I had ones with a sweet bean paste filling and were home made by some Japanese friends of mine.
It’s often the way (and part of my madness) meaning, I try something sweet and immediately think to myself “how can I re-create that in vape form?”

5 Likes

Have you tried Marshmallow Vanilla @ 2%?
Curious :slight_smile:

Add a little Vanilla bean…

Work on your base first… never mind the fruit bits… or the tea bits…

And speaking of the teas… FLV is the king of all Teas… but then again… one could have a field day with the teas… that red tea or rooibos tea… happens to be my fav… :smiley: Digressing here… but with the moochi… I played with the mm van and the v bean… and some eisia tea… some green tea, some mango and pineapple…

but then again @PAPACHiGLY … we all have different ideas and tastes… the one thing about getting to know the flavors you work with, once you do, it is never hard to cobble something together to fit your pallet and expectations :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@SmokyBlue Single flavour test at 1% + 3% . According to my notes, great volume was achieved at 1%. Not much difference between 1 & 3%. I still think you’re right in steering away from dark fruits. I haven’t played much with FLV tea. Only Lemon Tea FLV, but I like it! I have a Lemon Grass Tea soda somewhere in my recipes that turned well. I still need to find a concentrate that taste of sweet dried bean paste.

4 Likes

Again… starch base… around .4% :slight_smile:

Beans are starch…

The starch base is also good for making things like boba tea… or adding support for cinnamon buns… I would not add it to cakes… I’d use crunch cereal or graham crackers for cakes…

4 Likes