Microwaving an eliquid Mix

What are your thought’s on this?

If I nuke a fresh mix for say 20-30 secs to thin it out for mixing with a milk frother thingy, will it fuck up the flavours?

5 Likes

@Illogik try it and tell us what the results are from doing it.

5 Likes

I have before already but I’ve not really had anything to compare the result with. Can’t say it tastes off or anything.

Just figured I’d ask here as you guys have tons more exp than me and I figured someone here would know if its a bad thing or not.

5 Likes

Hmmmm, I would STRONGLY recommend against nuking anything, EXCEPT, MAYBE VG. NIC and flavors will not be better for it. Warming VG to thin is one thing, but not the best idea for anything else.

I’m not sure which “thingy” you have, but use caution when “frothing”, as if it looks milky after you’re done, you’ve really injected a TON of air into your mix, and often times it will help reduce flavor.

8 Likes

One of these:

5 Likes

If it looks milky when you’re done, you’re hurting the flavor. I have one that I use at times, with different tips, and I keep the tip completely submerged, that way, NO air is injected into the mix.

6 Likes

Pretty much the same here. I usually don’t even use that. Lately I’m just shaking the bottle with a new mix in it until there’s an even distribution of bubbles throughout the whole bottle then leaving to steep.

I’m just looking for ways to speed up the steeping process.

6 Likes

I won’t be nuking any more mixes though, that’s for sure.

5 Likes

Stirring, mixing, and shaking are all good. I forget who first discovered it, but “frothing” actually HURTS the overall flavor, and can reduce some.

Hehe, well the VG, probably wouldn’t hurt.

6 Likes

Yeah I get that. This frother I have though doesn’t have enough power to actually froth a mix due to the thickness of the liquid, it just mixes it a bit. I’ll just stick to shaking the bottle in future.

It’s a shame I can’t get my hands on a GC. I emailed the guy who makes them a few weeks ago inquiring about one but got no reply.

6 Likes

Yeah, a lot of people swear by the GC. I believe he ceased production due to health issues.

7 Likes

Trust me, I’m an expert at Nuking things,
But e liquid… Nope, didn’t work out good 4ME :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

lol, how long did you nuke that for?

6 Likes

Only one beer :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I was only nuking a 120ml bottle for 10-12 seconds, just enough to heat it enough to thin the vg a bit. Barely long enough for a couple of sips of beer!

I won’t be doing it again though.

6 Likes

Bake your mix in a pre-heated fan assisted oven at 200 degrees C for 20 mins before finishing off under the grill, perfection! Trust me I’m a professional! :sunglasses:

8 Likes

So I should cancel the flamethrower order then?

6 Likes

I use a flamethrower with my mesh wicking!

6 Likes

Ok, so the flamethrower is a no-go. I can always get hold of an ex colleague from British Steel and see if he can fix me up with some time with the blast furnace, what could possibly go wrong?

6 Likes

I skimmed the thread sorry bit under the pump today - Microwaving is not really a good idea even for short times as the microwave heats very unevenly some of your mix maybe 30 c other parts may be much hotter - if you need to loosen up the mix I would suggest a warm water bath (sous vide or just warm tap water)/ a heat plate while stirring or a baby bottle warmer all of which will give you a much better result than a tucker fucker.

8 Likes