Michigan becomes first state to ban flavored e-cigarettes, cites dangers of vaping

Amen Brother!

3 Likes

I also see lots of court cases coming out of this. No ways are all the businesses that service the vaping industry just going to just bend over and take it up the arse.
More power to them as well.

3 Likes

I was having a conversation with someone from one of the advocacy groups at the ECC show a couple of weeks ago. I gave him my 2 cents that these big juice companies should have banded together and used the millions they gained to buy lobbyists to protect there business. Instead most of them just partied and bought lambos instead of looking at the big picture.

The vape industry as a whole has to take blame, they fell asleep at the wheel. I hope they still rally but instead of asking us consumers to foot the bill they should protect there millions and potentially billions in profits and step up. I know the biggest juice companies make an insane profit, time for them to put those profits into saving the industry and in the US that means lobbyists.

2 Likes

And again I say Amen Brother!

The companies supplying the vape industry have many, many millions invested in their businesses and they are not going to just say “oh alright” and right it off.
They will not go down without a fight. IMHO

3 Likes

I hope that’s the case for sure. I just remember what someone in the industry told me a few years ago and thought…no, they can’t be that stupid can they? I already knew the big companies were making massive profits but was told they were not putting much back into protecting the business. I shrugged it off, figured why would you not do all you can to protect your product. Now with all this happening it sure does feel like that person was being honest. The way he was disgusted back then is how I feel now, it is a bad feeling.

3 Likes

I am probably in the minority as devastating as this will be to the community/industry I am actually hoping that now it has all eyes on it some sanity will prevail. (small chance I know)

Should that not happen I can see a landscape where the field is clear where BT and BP can march in and provide what they will call “safe” vapour products closed systems of course to maintain their profits.

I totally agree that everyone is to blame for this.

Keep up with news

3 Likes

You and me both brother :+1:

3 Likes

I don’t think this industry gets it. If you’re a smoking alternative your product needs to be packaged like patches or gum. Bland, blase’, sterile packaging. Talking to a few kids in the area, all of the B&M’s sold to them without checking age. They just had to know which counter people to approach or what time to show up. These B&M’s cut their own throats. I think the industry underestimated the seriousness of the situation. This in no way justifies gooberment’s actions however any savvy business person knows what the gooberment is all about and knows how to keep them at bay. The vaping industry will be hard pressed to compete with the money that Pharma, Tobacco, and anti’s are shoveling at gooberment. As discussed in other threads, politicians are primarily sociopaths. Power and money is their agenda. With the first shots over the bow regarding “the children” the industry should have anticipated everything that is happening. They left the door wide open.

4 Likes

Here’s how much Michigan cares about “saving the children” from nicotine:

3 Likes

There you go :grin:

2 Likes