Medicine Flower Strawberry

Definitely gonna subscribe to this as I would like to know too.

My go to is usually RFSC Strawberry and Shisha Strawberry, still not tired of how those 2 play off each other. That is my all time favorite flavor from RF, there Strawberry and it’s off shoots like strawberry milkshake and gelato.

I only have FLV Strawberry Smash and haven’t been impressed so makes me leery of FLV Alpine strawberry. Haven’t heard enough stuff about the MF SB, either good or bad so it makes me think it is not great, if not more people would talk about it?

5 Likes

I like both Alpine and MF but they both have their drawbacks

• for an MF the strawberry usage is on the high side (.8 - 1.2%) and has a weird aging curve in a mix where it disappears then comes back and then hangs around quite well. That said it is probably the most realistic strawberry that is out there just the usage requirement make it not so economical.

• Alpine by comparison is super strong and will take all your flavours and stomp them into nothing is you use it just a smidgen too high I use at a max of .15%. It is not the sweet strawberry you are used to but true to its name an alpine strawberry - slightly tart and sort of jammy (not candy).

Given the choice between the 2 I would most likely go alpine and use it very sparingly it stays in a mix and is ready to vape pretty quickly (if you are using hand shake). Paired with a sweeter strawberry is will make for a perfect strawberry.

Comparing the 2 taste wise is really hard since they are totally different beasts.

6 Likes

I do like alpine with sb smash (see the dinner lady clone @Grubby posted up

I have used Alpine standalone in a variation of one of smoky blues recipes and it is very good - designed for high wattage so you can push the % a bit (try it where it is first for a pleasant surprise).

Modifying it with sb shisha (very low) also works very well as does the addition of flv jammy berry.

It is one of my favourite flv because it is so powerful - similar in strength to the rich cinnamon. I would suggest a 10% dilution for ease of use if you are doing smaller batches.

5 Likes

The dinner lady clone is holding up well, getting more SB from it now.

Alpine strawberry is a really nice strawberry, sweet and has that ripeness to it

3 Likes

Late to the party but I’ve been using it for a long time now. It is the best natural strawberry flavor I’ve found.

It is perfect for bakery and desserts where yu want strawberry fruit flavor, but it is not suited for candy falvors because it is natural, not the artificial bright, sweet fake vibe (which I also love by the way). So when used in the right application, it’s great.

4 Likes

Did you ever get the MF or the Alpine ?

2 Likes

I didn’t get the MF SB as I figured it would be from the old line, not the new so if I liked it then ugh, wouldn’t be able to get it again.

I do like Alpine but dang, it is so different no one else I mix for likes it, always get the :thinking: when they try it.

Have you run across any other SB that match the RFSC? There are a lot of real good SB out there so bot worried but sucks to have one of my favorites disappear.

3 Likes

No not yet BUT I was going to offer to post my Strawberry Stone that uses the Alpine but come to think of it I think it uses the RFSC as well…The New stock of MF is on point from what ive tried…Alpine is strong AF but does have a very Natural taste like eating the entire SB green and all

5 Likes

Oh noooooo, I have about 10ml of RFSC Strawberry left lol.

Looking forward to your stone either way, strawberry is my jam :+1:

5 Likes

Don’t stress buddy - Diy EJ in Canada have it (although they only have a staff of 1 right now and are in the middle of a move) as soon as this shite is done you will be fine. As a stop gap you could grab some vso strawberry but you % will be much higher.

6 Likes

I am :pray:, been trying to replace it in recipes so this is good news :+1:

4 Likes

For now you can look it up on ELR called Quintet…It can be used as a stone in recipes at lower pcts or mix it up and its a full bodied juicy SB imo…Ill soon have things transferred and drop my Fave recipes here on this Site

7 Likes

I might be missing FA Pear but that does look delicious. Will check my stock tomorrow, like a maniac I don’t have my stash in my phone…doh

3 Likes

Its there to add a juiciness…natural sweetness . It doesnt really add any flavor

4 Likes

I am going to try it out soon then without the FA Pear until I can add it to the stash . Thanks brother :+1:

4 Likes

Damn, so close to be able to try it. Should have known by the title of the tread. But at about $220 Au for 5 x mf with postage and our cruddy exchange rate got scared again.

5 Likes

5 MF bottles ??? Thats over 40$ per MF I love MF but 40 is high and i can see why you would be scared …Give me a couple weeks to see where this Covid thing lands and ill see if there is a way we could figure out how to get you some to try

6 Likes

Yeah, I’ve had those 5 picked out coming on 18 months :crazy_face:

Even that you would think to offer this in these crazy times proves you’re a legend. :tada: :tada: (but I’d already figured that out a while back) :+1:

5 Likes

At least in my own head lol…TY we will figure it soon for sure . Which 5 ??

Lemon
Blueberry
Dark Choco
Wild Raspberry
Caramel

3 Likes

these + white choc, but been close with caramel and butterscotch

2 Likes