Looking to put together a Sandalwood type mix

My 1/2 pack/day girlfriend is interested in trying vaping. Having tried most all of my current mixes, she is very sensitive to sweet flavors, and/or the amount of sweetener(.5% or less) they contain. She say’s something with a Sandalwood profile is what she wants! This is a unique wood/scent, defined as "creamy, smooth, milky, and warm, commonly used in fragrances(Drakkar Noir being one) and blended with Vanilla, Florals, and Citrus.
I do have Wood Spice-FLV, which I got from our old friend @SmokyBlue as part of a lot purchase, but haven’t tested it yet. So, if any of you are familiar with this type of profile, and would share your thought’s, even just a tidbit of advice, I’d sure appreciate it. Thanks!

5 Likes

Here’s a simple yet delightful recipe to get those Sandalwood vibes flowing:

Sandalwood Bliss:

• Wood Spice (FLV): 2%
  • Vanilla (TPA): 1%
  • Bavarian Cream (TPA): 1%
  • Sweet Cream (CAP): 0.5%
  • Orange Citrus (FLV): 0.5%

Mix that Wood Spice with some Vanilla to lay down that Sandalwood foundation. Then, throw in Bavarian Cream and Sweet Cream for that creamy goodness. A dash of Orange Citrus will add a zesty pop without overshadowing the serene Sandalwood. :tangerine::milk_glass:

Remember, these percentages are like a roadmap, so feel free to adjust according to your taste. Give it a few days to steep, and you’ll be in for a Sandalwood journey that’s as smooth as vaping can get. Happy mixing, my friends! :dash::sparkles:

7 Likes

That is really high for Wood Spice - I don’t think I’ve ever used it at anything more than 0.15%. Hopefully you missed the decimal point there and aren’t wanting @whthek to vape incense.

@whthek I may have time after lunch to put something together.

4 Likes

Oh snap. Good catch. It was meant to be .2%

Its like when you type ‘the the’

5 Likes

I make those minor mistakes all the time, especially if I get distracted mid-post.

4 Likes

I’ll work with this one, @MisterSadister . Thanks! Starting a(BCF) cart, with OC-FLV, and also added Citrus Drink-WF. I do have one that is very floral…Blackberry Crumble-DV, and might try adding it, low, also.

I would appreciate that, @SquirrelSmash !

4 Likes

I snuck into your stash to see what I had to work with and this sprung to mind:

I have used a 60PG/40VG ratio to cut out a lot of the sweetness (I tend to go to 80/20 or more with my own personal blends). The recipe has also been engineered around using a Salt-B hybrid - I’ve found it the most effective for those transitioning to vaping.

Obviously, adjusting to an MTL device may help her switch and I can adapt this for such a setup.

5 Likes

Wow, completely out of my wheelhouse, but I’ll mix this, and see what she thinks of it. Thanks again, @SquirrelSmash :+1:

4 Likes

I haven’t played with wood spice flv. But here is something interesting.

6 Likes

I’ve got most of these, Chris…Thank you!

4 Likes

Which ones are you missing?

3 Likes

Bergamot, Oak, and Eucalyptus

3 Likes

lol. The key parts are missing. But is a good starting point for a new mix. :crazy_face:

Beganont could be subbed with blood orange fa or flv
Eucalyptus…you will need to pick smoother medicinal flavor.
And oak wood flv…just start with a low percentage.

3 Likes

Yupp, like I said…any help appreciated! I’m learning about this profile as you, and other’s post here! I’m a bakery/custard guy, but I’ll add the missing to my cart and mix it. Thanks!

2 Likes

TBH @whthek I have no clue you will have to test. A lot of taste is based on smell so it may or may not work.
I probably wouldn’t go for a straight sandalwood I would may be lean towards sandalwood/ vanilla or sandalwood/rose but the combo m right not be what you are after.

3 Likes

Me neither :nauseated_face::joy: but if I can come up with something she’ll use, it’ll be a win. Thanks :pray:

3 Likes

A fun profile to approach, though going deeper does involve using some hard to get flavours: I only have Sage OoO as @Rocky02852 airmailed it to me.

4 Likes