Looking for new system

Hello!
I hope everyone is doing great!

I am looking for a new device/system or solution to my problem.
I’ve been vaping for a few years now and somehow it’s become more difficult now.
For the longest of this time, I used Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 with various atomizers:

• Hellvape Dead rabbit v1 RDA
  • Hellvape Fat rabbit RTA (really love the taste it produces, but dislike it’s leaking)
  • Zeus Sub-Ohm (my first atomizer, haven’t used it for like two years)
  • Wotofo Profile RDTA (love that this atomizer doesn’t leak, has excellent airflow for me, and is easy to work with)

But for quite a while I’ve been chain-vaping and my coils burn quite quickly. I was getting tired of cleaning coils and wicking them. Tried many different coils (pre-made, self-made, regular and mesh, various metals and resistances) but it doesn’t seem to help. I know it also depends on what kind of juices I use, but I don’t want to change them, I like sweet juices.

Recently got myself Smok Nord5, because I am burned out from wicking coils and it feels fresh, but I’ve still been burning coils faster than I would want and it’s just not the same as rebuildable.

What else could I try? New device/system or a different configuration? One kind of metal for coils? Lower/higher resistance coils? Dual/single coils?
P.S. I’ve been vaping freebase nic somewhere between 3 to 5mg. My sweet spot on single/dual coil setup on Fat rabbit or Profile RDTA is around ~80w.

tldr: looking for new system with least amount of maintenance and plenty of kick.

Thanks, to everyone who reads this till the end and can suggest anything useful!

3 Likes

That’s most likely your coil killer. No real fix for that. Sometimes using temp control can help a little but you might not like the vape as it is generally not as hot at the beginning of the vape. As you have noted, coils are coils are coils. Prefab, or RDA, single or complex, they are heated wire that will gunk up especially with a lot of sweetener. Go to wire optim and buy in bulk? Get a nice pod and buy coils in bulk? They do swap out quickly.

4 Likes

Thank you for your time to reply!

Anything particular in mind? I have nord5, it’s easy to maintain, but I would like something with more airflow.
I have heard about Xros, but only from reviews.

3 Likes

The folks here turned me on to the Vaporesso swag PX80. It is the only pod I’ve ever liked. Great flavor with their mesh coils. Decent battery life per single 18650. Sweet little compact unit that I even think looks great. Pop in and out coils and the pod itself is nicely designed. Two possible downsides that I have noted are the super easy to move airflow control and the filler flap that can be challenging. Neither of which bother me much. Super basic unit with few “features”.

5 Likes

Welcome to vaping community thanks for joining us :smile:

3 Likes

Just out of curiosity what sweetener are you adding to your mixes?

4 Likes

Oh, I’m still buying ready to use liquids without nicotine. Then adding ice nic or regular nic shots to adjust nicotine and “freshness”.

Been wanting to try making liquids myself, but it seems easy to fail at. :smiley:

5 Likes

I found ysing commercial juices on mesh worked for me. As it didnt gunk up as much as dual coil builds. But commercial shouldnt be killing stock coils. Maybe your too high on the wattage thats recommended on the coil. Stock coils i always vape 15-20w below recommended on sub ohm. Pods its usually 5-10w below

4 Likes

To be honest the fact you don’t use your Zeus anymore and you prefer the profile for airflow and you vape at 80w a pod system won’t come close to satisfying you so your between a Rock and a Hard Place, vaping at 80w will cake up your build/coil quickly, using sweet e-liquids will cake up your build/coil quickly so unless you are prepared to change vaping habits I’m afraid you will just be re-wicking and cleaning coils often.

6 Likes

Welcome to VC, @Modriz :wave:
I like sweet liquids as well, but after a period of adjustment, your tastes will likely adapt to the drasically lower levels of(coil/cotton killing) sweetener found in the commercial brands. Yes, you will dump some of your early attempts at mixing, but it can be quite satisfying, once you’ve gotten the hang of it. We have our own mixing calculator here at VC, with just about any type of flavor profile you could imagine! And, a great group of people more than happy to help you along. As an example, one of my mixes, with a low(but flavorful) percentage of concentrates can be run in a dual coil RDTA for 3 months without a cotton change, and no flavor loss. Something to think about, anyway.

4 Likes

To add to this., not the premium crafted e-liquids but the cheaper brands (usually sold in 10mls) with simple names like Strawberry, Blueberry, Classic Cigarette etc are just single flavour e-liquid so that’s a good way of starting to gain confidence rather than being overwhelmed with complex recipes then over time @Modriz will organically advance to more complex mixing, that’s how I started first using the same flavourings they used in Blackpool Rock, some were lush!

4 Likes

Welcome to the VC @Modriz. @SmilingOgre is right about the sweet juices being coil killers.

5 Likes

From experience, lol. Every time I get lazy and buy commercial juice I get reminded.

4 Likes

Yeah they just dump sweeteners in there, any old crap can taste reasonable if it’s sweet enough!

4 Likes

On a pod system it’s below maximum at what’s written on a coil. If coil says 40-80, I run at about 60w max.

On rebuildable it’s hard to tell. Been playing with various coils and applying watts to match amps. That might start my next question which is about ohms law and device, but that’s for another time. Gotta head to work soon, heh.

That sounds amazing, but unbelievable? :o My longest might be about two weeks before cotton is done for sure.

Might give it a try! Sure, could be a while and a bit hard to get all the ingredients since I probably won’t get them all in one place, but this seems encouraging.

2 Likes

That depends where you are located in this world :blush:

3 Likes

In a weird EU country, that has almost nothing to offer in stores and online shipping is pretty limited.

Anyways, I am also thinking about Wotofo Profile Squonk Mod and new RDA tank. Kinda looking at Dead Rabbit v3, but have heard mixed reviews.

Any recommendations for squonk mod and good RDA tank with single/dual coil setup available?
Will get PX80 to use on the go, but still want something new for home use.

4 Likes

You already have the best choice. The wotofo profile mesh rdta. I have 19 of them. But I never go over 60 watts on any mod. The other 11 are various rebuildables and few premade coils. I tend to chainvape also but I can go months before I have to change the cotten and clean the mesh. Replace the mesh 1 or twice a year. I diy all my juices except Ripe Vapes VCT ( which I have failed to clone in 7 years) and use super sweet at .5% minimal coil gunk.

6 Likes

I am a flavor chaser myself, I like my vapes to be super tasty.

Having said that, I have also gone through a period where I would change coils at least once a week. Thanks to one of the amazing members of this forum, I got my hands on a second mod, and that changed everything for me. Would fill one with a bakery or dessert flavor and the other with something fruity.

I now even have a little MTL vape pen thingy and a Vaperesso Luxe. Each with a different flavor profile. Swapping between them during the day as I see fit. Now I only swap out coils about once a month.

3 Likes