Looking for a butter rum flavor

I’m looking for some assistance on finding a butter rum type flavoring. I’ve been trying to create a recipe similar to the One Shot Yo Ho Ho from Chef’s. Not really a clone but something with a creamy butter rum flavor with a slight cookie note that shows up after a steep. The one shot has become my favorite adv but I’m slowly running out. I bought the last 10 bottles from chefs before it got discontinued.
The original description from Chefs was a hot milk with rum and spices. In the original I get a nice brown sugar infused cream and a butter rum flavor which reminds me of LA Butter Rum but LA has such a strong alcohol note that I can’t seem to cover up. I have both LA and FW butter rum but neither one seems right. Looking to try TPA Caramel candy because some reviews say that it has a butter rum type flavor. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

7 Likes

I’m sure @SessionDrummer can point you in the right direction. (Hopefully anyway, or I’ll look like a right idiot)

4 Likes

I was JUST going to suggest either LA’s or FW’s Butter Rum. If you’re getting alcohol from the LA, it should steep out, especially if you vent it. FA’s Butterscotch would also work well here.

5 Likes

Maybe chefs Butter Toffee with a touch of FA Jamaican Rum (Jamaican Special) to get the Butter Rum Element but yep I would be thinking a Buttery Toffee or as SD suggested Butterscotch!

4 Likes

Thanks SD I’ll check my notes I believe I have tried FA Butterscotch with LA Butter Rum around version 80 or so. I’ll have to revisit FA Butterscotch and see what I can do with it.

5 Likes

Holy crap, you musty really like this flavour!

3 Likes

Lol oh yes I’m at 150 different versions. I’ve even tried contacting the original creator to purchase the recipe without any luck. I’ve gotten really close a few times but it’s always that butter rum note that isn’t quite right. I have tried hundreds of good recipes but I always go back to that one profile. I kind of wish I’d have found that one shot alot sooner.

5 Likes

Surely if you vape your ‘best’ version for long enough, you’ll get used to that particular flavour enough to stick with it?

Also, that’s some serious patience and perseverance levels you have there lol

3 Likes

the creator released the Yo ho ho recipe on ELR as Mixt Yo ho ho by Claire C.

5 Likes

Good stuff, Dennis! I tweaked it a bit(increased percentage’s), to make it more to my liking.

3 Likes