Jungle Flavors Single Flavor / One Shot Tests Reviewed by SessionDrummer

Ultimate Cake Batter (Flavor Jungle) 4% (10-7-22) – This one immediately jumped out to me when I was mixing these testers up, as it smelled VERY good. After the steeping, and now, during the test, it is, and was still VERY good. if you’ve been let down by other Cake Batters, and, don’t like the chemical-ness of CAP’s, you should read on. Just like the Ultimate Brown Sugar before it, this one was stellar, and could EASILY be vaped AS IS, nothing else needed. It presented as a somewhat lighter white cake, with swirling elements of batter, icing, and almost sprinkles on top. NOW, I went through 3 testers trying to decide if it was batter-y enough. On just taste alone, it was simply a 10/10 right out of the gate @ 4%, and despite some swirling around, shifting, and lack of clarity on the “batter” part, I’ve decided it IS, batter-y enough. At 4% it was VERY nicely full, and perfectly captured a sweet, white cake, BUT, not cooked at all. No browned edges, or baked notes to be had here.

To be honest, it was a surprisingly GREAT vape, all on it’s own, and stayed pretty interesting, due to the “swirling” that I got on the mid, and finish. A few ticks above mid level sweet, no off notes, or anything remotely resembling much of the “chemical-ness” I got from CAP’s. Clean, vanilla, white cake that finished with an almost “sprinkle” finish. You could possibly single this lower at maybe 3%, but even at my testing weight of 4% there were no signs of hitting the ceiling, or flavor folding. The vanilla cake notes stayed true without becoming creamy, or ice-cream-like, and stayed solidly in the white vanilla cake arena. Most (if not all) cakes I have currently have a more finished, or baked aspect, and this one did not, which helped keep it in the “batter”. If you like white, vanilla cake batter, with an almost sprinkle-like finish, you SHOULD get this one. After these tests are complete, I’m going to mix this one up with some OSDIY Lucky Shot, with a pinch of INW Biscuit. As I stated earlier on, I would have 10/10’d this right out of the gate JUST on taste/experience alone, and will mark it down (sniff, sniff), JUST a smidge for needing a smidge more batter. Easily, and deliciously a 9.5/10.

4 Likes

Ultimate Strawberry (Flavor Jungle) 3.5% (10-8-22) – Moving onto this, the third of the NEW Ultimate Series, which has been out for some time but I’m just getting around to reviewing. Thankfully I’m not SB Mute, and won’t be able to attest to it’s ability to break through for those who are. I have however, read some notes stating some people who WERE mutes, could taste this one. At 3.5% it felt very good, full, and had no signs of overflavoring. To my descriptive palate it presented as almost a medley of Strawberries. Juicy Red, White, and Green. Wait, whut ?? Green ?? Hehe, yes, it’s what I call the “FLV Alpine Effect”. I went three testers into this one to try and really nail down what I felt the actual breakdown OF the medley was. I finally settled on 60% Juicy Red, 25% White, and 15% Green. Now it might be hard to wrap your head around that, but suffice it to say, a Medley is where this one landed for me. A very GOOD medley, but I did not pull a pure, red only strawberry from this one. Now, because it DID present as a medley that should, and would really open up it’s uses across multiple profiles. It tasted very natural with no artificial notes, and it had no jammed, or candied notes. I did get some slight tartness from what I am calling the White, and Green side, and the sweetness was JUST below mid-level at my testing weight of 3.5%. All in, it tasted VERY good, AND, because it did span across multiple types of SB’s, it stayed interesting throughout my tests. I don’t know if it’s the Ultimate or not, but it’s a damned good juicy strawberry with aspects of Red, White, and Green SB’s. It felt good @ 9.3/10.

3 Likes

Ultimate Vanilla Custard (Flavor Jungle) 4% (10-9-22) – Trying to design a Vanilla Custard that’s perfect for everyone, IS, impossible. I was curious to see what Flavor Jungle considered the “Ultimate”. As soon as I tasted this, I had three flavor profiles, that continued through multiple testers, until the end. It was like a pairing of CAP’s VC 1, with Vanillin, or Vanilla, and some EM thrown in on top. It had a lot of the same eggy-ness that CAP’s has, but missing were some of the buttery richness, but not completely. The vanilla felt enhanced or boosted somewhat, and there was a light, almost pudding-like note in there, that could have been from the vanilla boost. Sweetness was about a tick above mid-level, but wasn’t fatiguing, and I would swear there was some EM in there somewhere. @4% it was very full, and somewhat rich, just missing some of the rich buttery notes. As a whole it worked, and seemed to try and straddle a somewhat eggy custard, tempered with vanilla, with pudding aspects. Would it be the Ultimate for you ?? Depends on what YOU define as a VC. It felt good @ 4% without being over-flavored, or cloying, and could indeed be solo’d. My personal tastes lean more towards a pudding-like VC than a strict, heavy eggy VC, so my tastes may vary from yours. Pretty good as it was, and could clearly be tweaked if needed. With only one “Ultimate” flavor left to test, I can ASSURE you, that I WILL be mixing this up, maybe 50/50 with Flavor Jungle’s Ultimate Strawberry, just to see what’s what. As this one stood, with only minor take-offs for somewhat reduced buttery-ness, it felt good at 9/10.

3 Likes

That pretty much nails why it’s my favorite. Strawberry tres leches cake using the sweet strawberry glaze filling and overripe strawberries in it. I drove up yesterday looking for this cake that I had tried a few weeks earlier.
Next request would be Ultimate Mango. This SB + CCW Devon Cream or SSA Cornish Cream was one of the first pairings that came to mind.
Great review, SD!

4 Likes

Thanlk you very much @Tmease. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@SessionDrummer Thank you for the time and effort that you put into doing these flavour reviews, it’s always appreciated.

3 Likes

Thank you very much @JimmyLee. That is NEVER not appreciated.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ultimate Watermelon (Flavor Jungle) 3% (10-12-22) – After a short delay, finally finishing out this run on the NEW Ultimate Flavors from Flavor Jungle with this, the Ultimate Watermelon. I wasn’t sure, but I had a sneaking suspicion that this one MIGHT get squirrely or floral if pushed too high. After letting it steep, it did neither, and 3% proved to NOT be too high to test it at. When smelling it in the bottle I got far more watermelon rind than I got the red juicy main body. Now there may be health benefits to eating the rind, but does, or did it work while vaping it ? Sort of. Vaping it continued the heavier rind than red juicy body trend, and I think I was getting some green, or honeydew-ish undertones in the mix as well. This was def. not a juicy red watermelon. NOW, that didn’t make it bad, BUT, depending on what you wanted, or expected from an “Ultimate” watermelon, your mileage may vary. I had a fairly hard time trying to break it down into percentages for you guys, but maybe 50% Watermelon Rind, 30% Juicy Red Watermelon, and 20% Green, or Honeydew-ish Melon(s) would be the best I could do. It was nicely full @ 3%, not overpowering, about mid-level sweet, and presented more of a medley of sorts as opposed to a straight, full on watermelon. It tasted very natural, clean, and had no real artificial or off-putting notes. I could see MANY uses for this, especially in fruit salads, melon medleys, etc., but not carrying or driving the full WM freight in a mix. If you are looking for a main watermelon flavor, this probably won’t be it. If you are looking for a WM additive, or melon/medley, this MIGHT work for you. Your call. I think I lost count of how many tanks I went through while testing this one, so it WAS good, just NOT the Ultimate WM, at least for me. Rating it directly to it’s name, I would have to go down a bit, to 6.75/10. Not bad, just not the Ultimate Juicy Red Watermelon I was looking for.

3 Likes

Lining up the new FJ flavors …

Ultimate Banana Tutti Frutti (Flavor Jungle) 4% (1-23-24) – Wow, this one took some time for me to unpack. First, “new” one on deck, and it was tasty as hell, BUT, there was a “but”, AND, it might not be as big of a but, as you thought. Starting out, at 4% this one was damned good, and very full. After running FOUR testers on this one, I could pick out no off-notes, or real complaints. The banana in this one, was almost spot on perfect for my tastes. VERY fresh, with plenty of green, and green/yellow notes. ABSENT were any over ripened, mushy, or brown notes, which for MY tastes were always a turn off. Your tastes may vary, but for mine, the nana was about 99.9% perfect. Now the BUT. The but was that that bubblegum (aka Tutti Frutti) was a little low in the mix. It WAS perceivable from beginning to end, but it was just a smidge light. Now this could be because it was paired so perfectly WITH the banana that it was slightly concealed ?? Maybe so. As long as you weren’t expecting a slamming bubblegum, and you love bananas, I don’t think you could NOT like this one. There was an almost “creamy-ness” to this one, but it was NOT a banana cream. It also was not a thin, light, or weak flavor at this testing weight, and almost tasted like it had a very light bakery element very low in the mix, and just enough to thicken it up a bit, and it worked.

Tasty, VERY hard to put down, plenty of fresh, natural nana with a healthy dose of green, and green/yellow notes, with a light bubblegum finish. Sweetness was close to mid-level, and it suited the flavor well. NO runts, or overt candied nanas, as the fresh green, green/yellow notes carried most of the freight here. It wasn’t 100% natural but leaned heavily that way. If I had to rate it on taste alone I would probably have released the Kraken, BUT, I’ll have to mark down just a smidge for the lighter bubblegum, but even that, feels like a nit-pick at best. VERY good flavor, hard to put down, and leaving it still at a very high 9.4/10. Although not a banana cream, I can see a LOT of uses for this one.

Ultimate Biscuit (Flavor Jungle) 5% (1-26-24) – Sorry guys, I just kept refilling the tanks, and got totally lost in it, hehe. And that IS a good thing. To start, Flavor Jungle spec’d this as “Up to 5%”, so that’s what I did. Stellar, at this weight, and dare I say, it could be a finished One-Shot, right out of the bottle. We all know the differences between US biscuits, which are typically like Bisquik, vs. UK biscuits, which are more like cookies. This flavor was a combination of both, and more. I had NO issues running it at 5%, and it was damned good at that weight. It had a lot going on, and I’ll try and break it down. It presented as a combo of a shortbread cookie, American biscuit, a light cinnamon free graham cracker, a smidge of pecan sandies, with some light caramel notes. Yeah, hehe, there’s a LOT going on here, and it’s ALL good. There was a nice grainy-ness to it, and although not overly buttery, there was a nice little hint of it on the finish. YES, you could run this solo, ALL day long, and keep coming back for more. I know it can be hard to visualize (taste wise) all of those elements combined, but it/they simply just worked. There were some nice darker notes, which were similar to burnt edges, but without the burnt, if that makes sense.

At times it seemed to very loosely remind me of SSA’s Caramel Biscuit, but only in a very LOOSE way. Rich, grainy, and full at 5% had me never second guessing running it at that weight. What was nice, was it was a strong departure from FJ’s OG Biscuit, so it wasn’t simply a re-tweak and release, it was a holy new flavor. Sweetness was a few ticks below mid-level, and honestly, I tried and tried to find ANY faults, or even anything I might ADD to it, and I couldn’t. This one was complex, covered a LOT of bases, and was unlike any other Biscuit on my racks. I can see this one being used a lot, and in many ways, which will be one of it’s strengths, as it encompased many different biscuit aspects. VERY hard to put down, and it really tasted, just almost perfect. Leaving it at a 9.9/10, JUST a hair off of perfect.

Ultimate Peach (Flavor Jungle) 2% / 3% (1-27-24) – I started out with FJ’s rec of 1-2%, and decided to push it to 3% which provided minimal gains if at all, so it would appear 2% is probably the top end for this one. This one presented as a mostly yellow peach, sweetened, with some juicy-ness, and light white peach accents. Even at it’s 2% top end it wasn’t an overwhelming, in your face peach, but it held it’s own. Sweetness was just below mid-level, and there were no off-notes to complain about. At times I got an almost Apricot on the finish which seemed to help sell it. It tasted mostly natural with some slight articial/candied notes, and I’d place it about 80% natural 20% artificial. While having juicy-ness, it did have a somewhat dryer, slightly astringent finish, that I wouldn’t call an off-note per se, but be advised it was there. Smelling it in the bottle it seemed more yellow than when testing, which is where I picked up on the lighter white peach elements. A solid, mostly yellow, mostly natural peach was what you got with this one, with just a PINCH of skin on the finish as well. Although I didn’t have any real take-offs, it felt like it could have been just a bit MORE Ultimate, so leaving it still fairly high at a 8.95/10.

Ultimate RY4 Double (Flavor Jungle) 4% (1-28-24) – Pushing onto the 2nd to the last in this series, with the U RY4 Double. At 4% this one was great, and I didn’t feel the need to increase it at all. It presented like many other RY4’s and with the typical nuances. A somewhat lighter tobacco, some very good caramel, and a good dose of “dirty”. Now dirty wasn’t bad in this flavor, and it did work. I couldn’t tell if it the “dirt” was coming from the Caramel or the Bacco, but in the end, it didn’t matter. It was there, and it added some nice dark earthy-ness to the flavor, and helped to offset the somewhat sweet profile of it. It registered maybe a tick or two above mid-level, and at times I wondered if it was TOO sweet, but then I settled on “not too sweet” as it seemed to work opposing the dark earthy-ness very well. It really seemed like there was another profile, probably a bakery-ish element hiding lower in the mix, .as it had more weight or bulk than a simple caramel/bacco. Maybe a graham crust, but hard to say. The caramel was very good tasting, and with the “dirt” it as well, favored a darker tone. All in, an impressive showing from FJ. No off-notes to complain about, and abou thte only “maybe, kinda, sorta” complaint would be the sweetness level(s), but again, that was just a “maybe”. Sweet, bacco, caramel, light bakery, and some nice dark, dirty/earthy thrown in for good measure. Kicking down just slightly for the slight candy-ness, and leaving it still high at a 9.1/10.

Ultimate Strawberry Tutti Frutti (Flavor Jungle) 5% (2-4-24) – Sorry guys, got distracted loading up the new NomNomz SC’s. This, the last NEW Ultimate in this series turned out to be somewhat of a mystery. Surprisingly, it wasn’t overflowing with Strawberries, or Tutti Frutti. Yes, you read that right. There was SOME SB in there, but it was fairly overpowered by more of a generic “pink chewy candy” than anything else, and if there WAS some Tutti Frutti, it was buried. Sweetness was just below mid level, and I didn’t pickup on any off-notes. Even though this one didn’t really push alot of SB, or TF, it would still be useful in bolstering SB mixes. The light SB I did get was slightly tart, candied, and shrouded in a pink chewy. All in, maybe not my favorite of the new Ultimates, and not terrible, but relegating this one to “mixer” status, and leaving it about half way there, with a 5.0/10.

2 Likes

Ultimate Banana Tutti Frutti (Flavor Jungle) 4% (1-23-24) – Wow, this one took some time for me to unpack. First, “new” one on deck, and it was tasty as hell, BUT, there was a “but”, AND, it might not be as big of a but, as you thought. Starting out, at 4% this one was damned good, and very full. After running FOUR testers on this one, I could pick out no off-notes, or real complaints. The banana in this one, was almost spot on perfect for my tastes. VERY fresh, with plenty of green, and green/yellow notes. ABSENT were any over ripened, mushy, or brown notes, which for MY tastes were always a turn off. Your tastes may vary, but for mine, the nana was about 99.9% perfect. Now the BUT. The but was that that bubblegum (aka Tutti Frutti) was a little low in the mix. It WAS perceivable from beginning to end, but it was just a smidge light. Now this could be because it was paired so perfectly WITH the banana that it was slightly concealed ?? Maybe so. As long as you weren’t expecting a slamming bubblegum, and you love bananas, I don’t think you could NOT like this one. There was an almost “creamy-ness” to this one, but it was NOT a banana cream. It also was not a thin, light, or weak flavor at this testing weight, and almost tasted like it had a very light bakery element very low in the mix, and just enough to thicken it up a bit, and it worked.

Tasty, VERY hard to put down, plenty of fresh, natural nana with a healthy dose of green, and green/yellow notes, with a light bubblegum finish. Sweetness was close to mid-level, and it suited the flavor well. NO runts, or overt candied nanas, as the fresh green, green/yellow notes carried most of the freight here. It wasn’t 100% natural but leaned heavily that way. If I had to rate it on taste alone I would probably have released the Kraken, BUT, I’ll have to mark down just a smidge for the lighter bubblegum, but even that, feels like a nit-pick at best. VERY good flavor, hard to put down, and leaving it still at a very high 9.4/10. Although not a banana cream, I can see a LOT of uses for this one.

2 Likes

Ultimate Biscuit (Flavor Jungle) 5% (1-26-24) – Sorry guys, I just kept refilling the tanks, and got totally lost in it, hehe. And that IS a good thing. To start, Flavor Jungle spec’d this as “Up to 5%”, so that’s what I did. Stellar, at this weight, and dare I say, it could be a finished One-Shot, right out of the bottle. We all know the differences between US biscuits, which are typically like Bisquik, vs. UK biscuits, which are more like cookies. This flavor was a combination of both, and more. I had NO issues running it at 5%, and it was damned good at that weight. It had a lot going on, and I’ll try and break it down. It presented as a combo of a shortbread cookie, American biscuit, a light cinnamon free graham cracker, a smidge of pecan sandies, with some light caramel notes. Yeah, hehe, there’s a LOT going on here, and it’s ALL good. There was a nice grainy-ness to it, and although not overly buttery, there was a nice little hint of it on the finish. YES, you could run this solo, ALL day long, and keep coming back for more. I know it can be hard to visualize (taste wise) all of those elements combined, but it/they simply just worked. There were some nice darker notes, which were similar to burnt edges, but without the burnt, if that makes sense.

At times it seemed to very loosely remind me of SSA’s Caramel Biscuit, but only in a very LOOSE way. Rich, grainy, and full at 5% had me never second guessing running it at that weight. What was nice, was it was a strong departure from FJ’s OG Biscuit, so it wasn’t simply a re-tweak and release, it was a holy new flavor. Sweetness was a few ticks below mid-level, and honestly, I tried and tried to find ANY faults, or even anything I might ADD to it, and I couldn’t. This one was complex, covered a LOT of bases, and was unlike any other Biscuit on my racks. I can see this one being used a lot, and in many ways, which will be one of it’s strengths, as it encompased many different biscuit aspects. VERY hard to put down, and it really tasted, just almost perfect. Leaving it at a 9.9/10, JUST a hair off of perfect.

2 Likes

Ultimate Peach (Flavor Jungle) 2% / 3% (1-27-24) – I started out with FJ’s rec of 1-2%, and decided to push it to 3% which provided minimal gains if at all, so it would appear 2% is probably the top end for this one. This one presented as a mostly yellow peach, sweetened, with some juicy-ness, and light white peach accents. Even at it’s 2% top end it wasn’t an overwhelming, in your face peach, but it held it’s own. Sweetness was just below mid-level, and there were no off-notes to complain about. At times I got an almost Apricot on the finish which seemed to help sell it. It tasted mostly natural with some slight articial/candied notes, and I’d place it about 80% natural 20% artificial. While having juicy-ness, it did have a somewhat dryer, slightly astringent finish, that I wouldn’t call an off-note per se, but be advised it was there. Smelling it in the bottle it seemed more yellow than when testing, which is where I picked up on the lighter white peach elements. A solid, mostly yellow, mostly natural peach was what you got with this one, with just a PINCH of skin on the finish as well. Although I didn’t have any real take-offs, it felt like it could have been just a bit MORE Ultimate, so leaving it still fairly high at a 8.95/10.

2 Likes

Ultimate RY4 Double (Flavor Jungle) 4% (1-28-24) – Pushing onto the 2nd to the last in this series, with the U RY4 Double. At 4% this one was great, and I didn’t feel the need to increase it at all. It presented like many other RY4’s and with the typical nuances. A somewhat lighter tobacco, some very good caramel, and a good dose of “dirty”. Now dirty wasn’t bad in this flavor, and it did work. I couldn’t tell if it the “dirt” was coming from the Caramel or the Bacco, but in the end, it didn’t matter. It was there, and it added some nice dark earthy-ness to the flavor, and helped to offset the somewhat sweet profile of it. It registered maybe a tick or two above mid-level, and at times I wondered if it was TOO sweet, but then I settled on “not too sweet” as it seemed to work opposing the dark earthy-ness very well. It really seemed like there was another profile, probably a bakery-ish element hiding lower in the mix, .as it had more weight or bulk than a simple caramel/bacco. Maybe a graham crust, but hard to say. The caramel was very good tasting, and with the “dirt” it as well, favored a darker tone. All in, an impressive showing from FJ. No off-notes to complain about, and abou thte only “maybe, kinda, sorta” complaint would be the sweetness level(s), but again, that was just a “maybe”. Sweet, bacco, caramel, light bakery, and some nice dark, dirty/earthy thrown in for good measure. Kicking down just slightly for the slight candy-ness, and leaving it still high at a 9.1/10.

2 Likes

Ultimate Strawberry Tutti Frutti (Flavor Jungle) 5% (2-4-24) – Sorry guys, got distracted loading up the new NomNomz SC’s. This, the last NEW Ultimate in this series turned out to be somewhat of a mystery. Surprisingly, it wasn’t overflowing with Strawberries, or Tutti Frutti. Yes, you read that right. There was SOME SB in there, but it was fairly overpowered by more of a generic “pink chewy candy” than anything else, and if there WAS some Tutti Frutti, it was buried. Sweetness was just below mid level, and I didn’t pickup on any off-notes. Even though this one didn’t really push alot of SB, or TF, it would still be useful in bolstering SB mixes. The light SB I did get was slightly tart, candied, and shrouded in a pink chewy. All in, maybe not my favorite of the new Ultimates, and not terrible, but relegating this one to “mixer” status, and leaving it about half way there, with a 5.0/10.

2 Likes