Joyetech ESPION Silk with NotchCore kit review by Mjag

I’m loving this whole fuse type coil system, simplicity at its finest, imagine an RDA with a suspended single spaced fuse type coil @ 4mm ID and 6mm deep bowl deck with adjustable side airflow…

Great review as always, thanks

5 Likes

Overheating issues is kind of a silly problem to have this late in the game!!
What a shame! I do like that the build deck looks really clean and neat. Well done man!! I enjoyed the read!

5 Likes

Fully agreed. The really great products are few and far between. I took a slightly different perspective. If a company sends me a device, I will review it. A little story; I stopped by my favorite B&M. It’s been awhile. Eighty percent Smok now. Talking with the folks, they intimated that people come in wanting Smok and it’s nearly impossible to turn them around. That pretty much summarizes this industry. Perceived “cool” and hype win the day. Form, fit, and function come in a far second place. Moral of the story, best I can do is accurately tell folks what they are getting. The majority of folks out there still use VW and could give a damn about TC. Ok, If I get a mod that fits that bill, I tell it just like that. VW, go for it. TC, not so much. I fully realize most of my reviews come across as lacking enthusiasm. That’s honesty. The device doesn’t warrant enthusiasm. That’s the selfishness on my part. I’m not interested in entertaining Smok groupies. I’m happy for them that they are not smoking but I personally think they missed the boat. No need to tell them that. They are quite satisfied floating around on their dingy.

Enough rattling about me. When you open up a device and show me the thin wire going to the 510 or the Jean snap used for a 510 center connector or a bigger the glob, better the job soldering joint, that information is GOLD! They can polish a turd but it’s still a turd!!!

5 Likes

Thanks brother! Yeah, the style sort of grew on me, like a fungus…lol. For real tho the black and orange doesn’t look half bad, a dual 18650 would be a good idea.

Thanks @Grubby. I am trying to remember but I think someone did try either a RDA or RTA with that same concept, a fuse type drop in notch coil. I don’t remember much about it or think I read of any user experiences but it sure sounds familiar. That would be cool though and besides a notch coil they could have different fuse drop in’s like a alien, fused clapton and what not.

Thanks @Eddie. It is very rare to have a mod do what this one did and after only 4 puffs, unacceptable. The tank is not bad really, just wish the coils would last longer, must be the surface area the collects juice and cooks it.

Really nice post @SmilingOgre :+1: and yeah, a lot of local shops are Smok heavy, don’t even bother with those places anymore.

8 Likes

Great review bro, as usual and I really appreciate your honesty :+1:

6 Likes

Thanks Sista!

3 Likes

Sister

10ch

5 Likes

Lol, whoops, thx 4 letting me know

3 Likes

@Jose is a bro and a sista, welcomed in to the family fully imo

6 Likes

You might be thinking of the wanko rda, had a single coil fuse style drop in coil system but the QC on the coils was shit and the clamps were very flimsy, I bought one to see how it would work out for a few friends who wanted to get into rda’s.

3 Likes

You should’ve known just looking at the name :grinning:

4 Likes

True lol, but if you pull the clamp system out and just use the screws to trap your coil legs it is an amazing little flavor machine, better than the wasp nano by far in my opinion. It is my most used rda for squonking now, I run a 7/8 wrap 28g SS316L on a 2.5mm I.D.

5 Likes

Kool, fasttech has it for $10, added to my wishlist…lol. They don’t list it with a squonk pin though, does it come with one or do you have to steal one from another RDA?
Better than the Wasp Nano definitely got my attention and thanks for mentioning the name, no way I would have come up with that name :laughing:

4 Likes

I was reading one of the forums on fasttech and someone mentioned that the first run of them did not have a squonk pin but every run after that did, so I went and checked my spares bag and mine had one, idk why they don’t list it though. If it doesn’t have one then it’s a m2.5 pin, same as the wasp or the tsunami. The way it’s designed is side airflow but it basically hits the bottom of the coil. It’s kinda tricky to trap more than one wire under the small screws, and you have to keep you leg length short or else your coil will hit the bottom of the drip tip lol.

5 Likes

Nice, I am always down for a good single coil squonk rda, those are my go to for single battery squonkers. Thanks for the info :+1:

5 Likes