January 2024 Top Recipe - Hawaiian Hippies Apple Pie

Januarys top recipe is Hawaiian Hippies Apple Pie by @Rocky02852 if you like what you see why not give it a mix and leave a comment

You can follow @Rocky02852 here

8 Likes

Congrats, Rocky :tada:

8 Likes

Thanks @Grubby , @whthek :call_me_hand: I feel deeply appreciative, it’s a great honor :pray:

4 Likes

Great recipe.

4 Likes

I thought I remembered @Rocky02852 using an apple and pineapple pairing, just didn’t go looking, this is it I’d assume.
Missing the VSO Malt. Is that just for the pie crust or does it do something to the filling as well?

Been gonna try that pairing for a while now to boost the apple in an apple tea cake that needs a bit more. Although I had VT Sugarloaf out haven’t used Golden in ages. Might do it tonight now I’ve seen this one.

5 Likes

Thanks @whthek :joy:

4 Likes

Yes, the malt is my secret weapon in bakeries but you can just leave it out…

4 Likes

Yeah, sounds like a good idea to me :thinking:

The pineapple works with the apple that’s for sure, testing a mix with it now, I’ll have to play with that pairing some more. :+1: It is quite tasty what the pineapple has done to the apple. :drooling_face:

5 Likes

Yeah the Sugarloaf is always my first thought but the golden goes better with apple, you could try a little pudding base in place of the the malt too :ok_hand:

5 Likes