It's been a while - An overdue 'Thanks' & Merry Christmas

Hey all members!

Thought it was about time we reached out to all the members that have stayed with us through these very…very challenging times, especially just lately! :roll_eyes: I’ll come to that.

grimace

To begin with, we’d just like to say thank you!, The support you have shown the forum has been unfathomable, I mean…we won an award!..first one ever!, and we were by far the smallest forum in the list!, something we were very humbled with, but the Award wasn’t just for the forum, it was for all the members within it, you’ve all played your part over the last 12 months and it shows, pushing forward ideas on how to improve it, and posting engaging topics and increasingly impressive recipes…more of that please!! :wink: it’s been an incredible year in terms of both quality & growth.

Now…changes, Yes…unfortunately, due to recent events we have had to implement an admin approval system to new recipes that members would like to make public, we didn’t want to, in fact…it’s the last thing we wanted to do, but, needs must, it might not be forever, who knows really, but the good news is that there is currently a ‘White List’ being compiled of trusted members that will bypass this PITA system, and hopefully one day we can scrap it all together.

get in the bin

The reason is really quite simple, VC has always been a more relaxed forum, but the calculator and recipe side is used by some on a more professional, and even commercial level, so we agreed that we needed that side of things to be a little more polished, and a bit more serious, which…if any of you have known us from the start…or even before…is quite a departure from our ‘Degenerate’ beginnings… believe me, we don’t like rules either, and we are certainly no fans of censorship.

Some already know why this has come about, not something I relish in talking about…but shit happened…

go past this part

I know…I know…it was a shit show it really was, and it wasn’t handled well by anyone, but…we want to assure you, that your recipes are, and will always be…completely safe, We know how important that is, we are after all mixers ourselves, it shouldn’t have happened, but it did, and we’ve learned from it, and thankfully, not only did we come away from it relatively unscathed, but it would appear that a lot of people actually want the same thing that we do for the recipe side, new sign ups have gone through the roof in the last 4 days, traffic is up, topics are up, engagement is up…it’s actually been the biggest boost we’ve seen since the new calculator was released, so…for that…we are thankful…like I said…lesson learnt, and throughout the whole ordeal, we really learnt a few things about who our friends are, and unfortunately…those that weren’t so much…(shrugs)

noticed

The Vaping Community forum was built as a fun project, as somewhere for a small group of people to come together and be themselves without upsetting others, that’s essentially it, we didn’t go out with the intention of being better than anyone else, or bigger than anyone else, but as more and more people joined us, adaption was inevitable, we had to make (grimace) rules…and guidelines on how and what our vision was for the place, we never charged anything for any part of it, it was a free service, that we built, and let others use if they wanted to, if our rules don’t sit well with you…absolutely fine, there are plenty of other places for you to visit, but we believe we have been as flexible as we can without the need to impose heavy moderation and a totalitarian attitude…with an aim to avoid a chaotic and inhospitable place for people to be …but no one is infallible.

shit happens

SO!..Once again, a huge THANK YOU to all our members new and old alike, we will continue to listen to your feedback, and support your ideas as best we can, VC may well be our vision, but it’s molded by your enthusiasm to make it a better place for everyone…keep up the good work, there’s plenty more to come.

Happy Christmas to you all, I hope you all have as good a time as this current climate will allow, and we look forward to another year of absolutely nothing even closely resembling this one.

Jesus…did I just write ‘The Queens Speech’??

The VC Admin Team.

24 Likes

It started with …

Hey all members!

Thought it was about time we reached out to all the members that have stayed with us through these very…very challenging times, especially just lately! :roll_eyes: I’ll come to that.

And continued …

Now…changes, Yes…unfortunately, due to recent events we have had to implement an admin approval system to new recipes that members would like to make public, we didn’t want to, in fact…it’s the last thing we wanted to do

With clarification …

The reason is really quite simple, VC has always been a more relaxed forum, but the calculator and recipe side is used by some on a more professional, and even commercial level, so we agreed that we needed that side of things to be a little more polished, and a bit more serious, which…if any of you have known us from the start…or even before…is quite a departure from our ‘Degenerate’ beginnings… believe me, we don’t like rules either, and we are certainly no fans of censorship.

Safety check …

but…we want to assure you, that your recipes are, and will always be…completely safe, We know how important that is, we are after all mixers ourselves

And in conclusion …

The Vaping Community forum was built as a fun project, as somewhere for a small group of people to come together and be themselves without upsetting others, that’s essentially it, we didn’t go out with the intention of being better than anyone else, or bigger than anyone else, but as more and more people joined us, adaption was inevitable, we had to make (grimace) rules…and guidelines on how and what our vision was for the place, we never charged anything for any part of it, it was a free service, that we built, and let others use if they wanted to, if our rules don’t sit well with you…absolutely fine, there are plenty of other places for you to visit, but we believe we have been as flexible as we can without the need to impose heavy moderation and a totalitarian attitude…with an aim to avoid a chaotic and inhospitable place for people to be …but no one is infallible.

@Steampugs, @Grubby, @woftam

I and some others have been here since the beginning.

Snap 2020-12-23 at 18.19.03

I can probably (not definitely) speak for many of us early adopters (and probably quite a few others) …

WE got your backs.

#VCArmy

13 Likes

Yep, I am onboard for sure! Excellent place that doesn’t need the crap referred to in the og post.

10 Likes

And we know and we appreciate that, we see all and we know where the real value lies

11 Likes

Nice to hear SD :sunglasses::+1: you too @ianc13 very much appreciated feedback.

9 Likes

Dman sums it up there :ok_hand:

The thanks go to You guys! Keep it up, thanks, and Merry Christmas @Steampugs @Grubby @woftam :facepunch:

10 Likes

A very Merry Xmas and a happy new year to you too @Rocky02852 :sunglasses: :+1:

10 Likes

Merry Christmas brother pugs and equally all else! I for one appreciate the decorum achieved by the membership here and don’t perceive the new “rules” as anything more than a confirmation of that decorum. I believe folks here are reasonably like minded in regard to what they consider a welcoming, relaxed, and comfortable environment. No condemnation of those who want something different but there are other forums which may suit them better. I hope it stays this way.

13 Likes

Me too brother Ogre, me too :wink: Merry xmas fella :grin: :ok_hand: :raised_hands: :+1:

9 Likes

Keep on keeping on dudes! You’ve done really well in a short time. The calculator is slick and works well, I need to use it more but I’m a lazy mother fucker. Merry Christmas all :beers:

10 Likes

Merry Christmas to you too @Elvaperino :grin: :raised_hands:
Still waiting on the next instalment of your Video, funny as fuck :rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes

No thanks needed!

As for locking down the recipe side it is what it is and support it considering the clear community guidelines. It doesn’t mean I agree, but I also support the clean posting guidelines and anti retaliation to the guidelines.

Although I haven’t been super active here I am not a stranger to vaping forums and happy to support whatever the direction is!

10 Likes

Well I’d like to return the thanx… I’ve never bothered with forums in the 10 years I’ve been mixing and vaping other than a bit of lurking (ya ya I lurk around). I have never been the type to ask questions or even post as to staying hidden. But this Fabulous Forum has brought me out of my shell… I luv this place like a big ole comfy chair, and the group of people in here are like family. I’ve been made especially comfortable with a few specific additions to the calculator side that I needed to run diyfc… You’ve been infested by the squirrel for life… :kissing_heart::heart:

10 Likes

A very Happy Christmas to one and all!
I know that I don’t come here as often as most but it isn’t from a lack of friendliness. You all do a terrific job of making people feel welcome and a part of the group. I’m happy for your award. You deserve it. I can’t imagine what an effort it must be to put something like this together from scratch. While I have no clue as to what’s involved, I know it must be as rewarding as it’s a PITA.
Well done to all involved!
May the new year brings us all some respite from the hell that was 2020. If not respite, then more booze!

9 Likes

Yes, my dear, you definitely did. I stood up reading it too, but was kinda disappointed that Philip didn’t butt in.
What’s a Queens speech without the Duke of Edinburgh fucking it up? :disappointed:

Anyway, to keep a long story short, congratulations to all of us, with special thanks to everyone that has made it extra special and started all this :tada: :tada: :tada:

Merry Christmas everybody, I’ve got some eating to catch up on :yum: :christmas_tree: :shallow_pan_of_food:

10 Likes

Well if the crown fits…
Just slightly better looking with more vulgarity!

6 Likes

Hehe, first laugh of the day for me @TheVapingDovah. Cheers !!

6 Likes