In the market for a single coil RDA, your experiences please

Looking to get a single coil RDA, what do you recommend? What are your experiences?

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Well, what’s your style; watts, airflow, all that jazz.

I don’t know a lot of single coil atty’s personally, but I DO know I don’t like dual decks with the little plug that converts them to singles. I’d have to guess that dedicated single deck atty’s will be a better device than a hybrid. I have the Limitless Plus and hate that stupid plug…

3 Likes

Straight up single coil RDA not bothered about watts and coils just need a decent single coil RDA with open airflow that blows clouds

2 Likes

Based on my experience with the original Dead Rabbit, and my love for Hellvape, I present…

2 Likes

That looks good! Is it only for squonking though or does it come with a standard pin?

1 Like

Bottom feeding pin installed for squonking and spare solid 510 pin for dripping

http://www.hellvape.com/rda/dead-rabbit-sq-rda.html

No personal experience, full disclosure.

2 Likes

Personal experience of the Vandy Vape Pulse 22mm and the Oumier Wasp Nano put them at the forefront of the pack for me. Good single coil, easy to build, great flavor and no leaking. YMMV of course.

5 Likes

Out of those 2 the Vandy catches my eye, does the top part of the top cap come off easy and how is the airflow? I like airy to moderate

2 Likes

The dead Rabbit looks good, kind of like the Goon but single coil and a slightly better deck, cheers

3 Likes

The VV has the base, then the barrel with the top cap on the top of all that. So I pop off the top cap, leaving the barrel in place to drip, even though dripping through the drip tip is also quite easy.
Airflow is pretty airy, however I tend to choke it down to one hole either side, which suits my style a little better.

3 Likes

Im using a GOON which is super airy and fairly simple to use although the clamp design is a PITA with dual coils IMO, the screws suck, killed one set, second set are starting to go also

2 Likes

I’ve never used a Goon, so can’t comment. The Pulse has more airflow that the Wasp Nano though, I’ll have to have another look at the Dead Rabbit, which I haven’t used in a long time :smile:

Edit: I pulled out the Dead Rabbit and it’s airflow is not as airy as the Pulse.

3 Likes

I have a wasp arriving tomorrow if the post office can be trusted lol, I can let you know about it when it gets here, I’ve heard that it is fairly airy for a 22mm single coil rda. You could also get a pulse 24 and run a single coil with 6mm I.D. Lol I had that going for a while but I get better flavor with duel 3mm coils. There are a lot of single coil options on the market right now but I’m too cheap to pay new product prices lol.

2 Likes

Oh and my personal experience right now with single coil rda’s is my wanko! Lol seriously though, if you can find a wanko somewhere for sale still and take out the silly fuse style premade coil system it becomes a flavor machine, I’m running parallel 28g SS316L 6/7 wrap 2.5mm id coil in it on my crea squonker and it’s my favorite, it was my favorite rda before I started squonking too lol here she is, ain’t she a beaut lol

4 Likes

@Grubby just a little caveat if you do decide the get a Pulse, get the SS one rather than painted.
I have a red one and have found the paint has started coming off in couple of very small sections, which I believe is due to me cleaning in the USC. I had the same problem with another atty as well after cleaning in the USC.

5 Likes

Do you have the pulse 24 as well? And is the 22 single coil only? I have the pulse 24 and I have to run it below 0.2 ohm to get decent flavor from it, otherwise the airflow drowns out the flavor.

2 Likes

Yes I do have the 24mm as well, and yes the 22mm is single coil only.
Personally I prefer the flavour from the 22mm it just seems to be more concentrated to me.

3 Likes

Based purely on flavor the pulse 22 and the Icon are good and the Aladdin and Iconic are great.

5 Likes

There you go doing it again :roll_eyes: now there is new kit that just has to be tried.

5 Likes

Lol, OooPs… New budget line item. Ogre expenses.

5 Likes