Import csv file from ATF?

Hi there,
I’m new to this site and I hope that it can be a good replacement for ATF,since it’s more or less dead in the water.
Is there a way to import a csv file i did in ATF to this site? I did the export some time ago and unfortunately ATF doesn’t let me create a json file now.
Any help or pointers would be highly appreciated.
cheers!

3 Likes

First things first, welcome to the VC @Demonic_Mixer.

Second, paging @grubby.

1 Like

Hey thanks for the warm welcome and the quick answer.what kind of drumming (genre) you do? sorry if that question does not belong here

3 Likes

NP @Demonic_Mixer. And don’t worry, the VC isn’t like most other “places”. Your thread, your rules, we’ll talk about whatever we want !!!

As far as genres some prog rock/jazz, rock, etc. Huge RUSH fan, and a bad year for us this year at that.

4 Likes

I’m not an ATF’er, and don’t know the file structure over there, but @grubby does have a json importer.

1 Like

haha nice setup.yeah i feel ya.Rush was a bit before my time but i can relate to loosing a great artist.Cornell’s death shook me up a bit when he passed.Van Halen was also one of the greatest we lost,even though i was never a big fan i know what he did for music ,especially rock and metal

3 Likes

Yeah, Eddie and Neil were two of my idols, so extra shitty 2020 for us.

2 Likes

yeah the problem ist that atf doesn’t let me export anything anymore,neither json nor csv…

3 Likes

Grubby’s made it easy to pull flavors into your stash FROM your imported recipe, even if their isn’t a dedicated flavor stash importer per se.

You can import all your ATF’s, then MOVE them to your main recipe area, and when viewing them, you can “Add all flavors to your stash”. In short order, your flavor stash will be populated.

2 Likes

yep,that is true

2 Likes

Oh shit, well THAT is a problem.

So your only surviving recipe backup is CSV ?

1 Like

exactly

2 Likes

Roger that. I can’t speak for Grubby, but he’s the coder master here. He’ll have to chime in on the viability of a CSV import. I’m assuming you don’t have the recipes duped on ELR ?

1 Like

just my older ones i’m afraid.would be amazing if @grubby could do some wizardry and make the csv import possible

3 Likes

Welcome @Demonic_Mixer, I am sure he will look into it and see what he can do…
@Grubby is a super smart guy :slight_smile: :smiley:

4 Likes

Hi smoky,thanks for the warm welcome!

3 Likes

Big relief ,i managed to import all of my recipes :slight_smile: @Grubby
ATF gave me a text file inside the browser which i had to copy,import into a text file and rename it to a json file.I can`t believe that worked haha

3 Likes

Holy shit, that is surprising that a “re-name” worked @Demonic_Mixer. Congrats !!!

Again, I don’t know how ATF was setup, but here at the VC, once you have your recipes in, you can add all the flavors to your stash.

Once the flavors are in your stash, you can click the Inventory button, and add more info …

3 Likes

Yeah thanks man.i was very surprised too and i already added all my flavours from all my recipes to my stash…easy as pie :smiley:

5 Likes

Good… makes me super happy, @Demonic_Mixer!!
I hope you have a fine time here… we don’t bite… much :rofl:

4 Likes