Impact of Russia invading Ukraine

Can anyone MORE in the know shed more light on this, as there is a LOT of propaganda flying around right now. I personally am NOT convinced of our “Mega Sanctions” having ANY impact, and therefore seem to be useless at best.

Anyone know the history between the two, the reasons, impact ?

3 Likes

Everything I’ve read about it is saying Putin has no intention of invading and the US are just making this shit up to distract everyone from the massive covid scam. That, and the fact that the Biden family have huge investments/financial interests in the Ukraine.

3 Likes

Though this can’t be a good sign.

2 Likes

Ukraine I believe was even part of the old Soviet Union so at one time Russia invaded and took it’s territory has it’s own! Anyway after WW2 The then Soviets put puppet Soviet friendly governments in Eastern European countries like East Germany, Poland etc known as the Iron Curtain. Then the wall came down and those Eastern Europe countries got their full independence back but on top of that countries that Russia occupied also demanded and got their independence so The soviet Union shrunk back to it’s original boundaries of Russia.

Russia do not like the fact that one by one these countries have turned to the West rather than Russia for influence so feel threatened, Ukraine is that last buffer between Russia and Nato countries that Ukraine want to join as they are very pro West which Russia just won’t allow!

The worry is if they invade and get away with it then it becomes the first time since WW2 that any country of note has invaded another country for territorial gain and that could just be the beginning! The worrying thing is what can the West do without starting WW3 in a world full of nuclear weapons!

3 Likes

While normally I’d jump all over that (follow the shiny ball, nothing to see here), …

3 Likes

I don’t believe a single word the MSM says anymore and haven’t for quite some time now. Especially so since the silly amounts of none-reporting of the effects of covid vaccines and protests all over the world etc etc. They tell you what you they want you to know to forward their agenda.

But that’s just my opinion.

Media propaganda is actually legal in the US.

3 Likes

The US Administration’s Ukrainian War Mongering

3 Likes

I hadn’t given much thought to the political structure in Ukraine, but…

Tulsi Gabbard (/ˈtʌlsi ˈɡæbərd/; born April 12, 1981) is an American politician and United States Army Reserve officer who served as the U.S. representative for Hawaii’s 2nd congressional district from 2013 to 2021

4 Likes

Well as I feared the Invasion is happening!

4 Likes

Indeed. world war 3 incoming.

3 Likes

She’s F’n Hot! I gotta watch again to see what she said.

3 Likes

Ok . for the record. I watched again!

3 Likes

What’s the sense of things over in the UK ?? All I get fed is US based propaganda over here. Poland getting nervous ?

2 Likes

I avoid the news on tv like the plague so I couldn’t tell you. You could check somewhere like the epoch times for news without the propaganda. Well, with a lot less propaganda, probably :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Just asked the gf who loves watching the news and she says Poland aren’t nervous and are helping the Ukraine.
Ukraine are putting up a good fight apparently.

2 Likes

It is worrying because we are only 1200 miles away from Russia so medium never mind Russia’s long range nukes are in range and without saying as much when piece of sh*t (Putin) threatens any country that interferes with destruction like the world as never seen before it’s obvious what he’s threatening and of course as time goes on we are interfering more and more!

Then there is the cost of living which already was expected once we get into Spring to be the highest certainly in my lifetime with soaring energy and food bills will now just spiral out of control. Yesterday I struggled to get a loaf of bread from the supermarket and we are only 4 days into the conflict (most of Europe’s Wheat comes from Ukraine!

3 Likes

@Timwis sorry to hear that, but your perspective is exactly what I was trolling for. Thank you.

3 Likes

To add to that about Nukes democratically we are only a small country and over the years Putin hasn’t hidden his hatred towards Britain!

3 Likes

I’m rather surprised about how this “invasion” is going. Obviously I think it’s wrong, but it’s starting to feel like Putin is pulling his punches ? Or, are the Ukrainians putting up more of a fight than expected ? Kiew holds some special value to Putin, where he doesn’t want to destroy it, or fully attack ?

I thought I saw (propaganda ??) that the only troops entering were recon, not the main units.

I don’t want to see chemo, or thermobaric deployed, but something seems off. I mean beyond the obvious.

3 Likes

He hasn’t released the disgusting weapons yet but no this is an all out assault, Ukraine has a decent army which has been trained by US and UK forces over the last few years and been sent a lot of armoury! Russia have not had the swift victory they expected as Ukraine are fighting for their homeland while I expect more and more each day the Russian troops will be thinking what are we doing here!

3 Likes