How to avoid Vaper's tongue?

HOW TO AVOID VAPER’S TONGUE?

Drink more water:

Dehydration is perhaps the most common cause of vaper’s tongue, so drink more water to ensure your salivary glands are working properly.

Reduce your caffeine and alcohol:

Alcohol and caffeine are both diuretics which speed up the process of dehydration.

Clean your tongue:

when you brush your teeth, you shouldn’t forget to clean your tongue too. This reduces the amount of damage.

8 Likes

All good advice @Alectrofag and although I do tend to do all of the above every now and then I do find that my taste does become a bit muted, sometimes a simple change of flavour does the trick but this time round it doesn’t seem to of helped. So… I’ve decided to give my tasters a break and spent the last couple of days on a self imposed flavour ban I’ve mixed up an unflavoured juice with nic and a little bit of menthol and I’m hoping that when I go back to flavoured juice tomorrow that my taste will be back :crossed_fingers: Oh how I miss flavour!! :sleepy: i shall of course post back for those that are interested to let you know if it has worked.

5 Likes

Search for ‘Cobweb clearer’ in the recipes, quite a few swear by it :wink::+1:

5 Likes

Thanks I’ll check it out :+1:

3 Likes

Just had a look and it’s an interesting one, I dont have those exact flavours, I tend to use a lot of flavorah and i have similar flavours so i may try to come up with a flavorah based version and keep it for next time the tongue gets tired! Thanks @Steampugs

4 Likes

I have a very similar profile using mainly flavorah and have it in rotation all the time now. The chocolate isn’t necessary but gave it a nice kicker.

Choc Mint Cream 2.0

Ingredients%
Creme de Menthe (Flavorah) - Flavorah1.00
Dark Chocolate (MF) - User Defined0.50
Ice (Flavorah) - Flavorah0.20
Marshmallow Vanilla (Flavorah) - Flavorah0.80
Peppermint (Flavorah) - Flavorah0.40
Vanilla Ice Cream (LB) - User Defined4.00

Flavor total: 6.9%

2 Likes

Thanks @marsh8 looks nice! :drooling_face:

2 Likes

I forgot to mention, use this in Geekvape Boost, haven’t used it in an RDA since I was testing it.

2 Likes

Will do, if I make it I may well drop the choc as well! Not a fan of minty chocolate. Thanks dude! :+1:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks @SessionDrummer I can’t use toothpaste like that I have sensitive teeth and have to use a sensitive tooth paste or not eat and drink anything hot or cold! :pensive:

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, I have taken them all on board and intend to utilise some if not all of your recipe ideas for future palette cleaning. My incredibly bland menthol only approach has done the trick but knowing that I can enjoy some flavour means I wont be doing that again! 48 hours without flavour was hard, especially as I’m not that keen on menthol!! Saying that it gave me chance to solo flv’s cool menthol, which is a bonus, silver linings and all that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: thanks again to everyone :+1::+1:

1 Like

stick you sniffer in a bag of fresh coffee beans and sniff em - then have a beer (the beer may not help but meh beer is good)

4 Likes

Sounds like solid advice!
I find Beer is a good cure all… especially good for a bad case the fucks, after a few you’ll no longer give a fuck :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Also drinking coffee or eating crackers… spicy foods can help.
Mints and cinnamon juices will work, but also don’t stick to just one flavor profile. Alternating your juices helps more than anything. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks @SmokyBlue, I dont need to many excuses for a coffee or something spicy… but if helps then I’m all over that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I do usually find that alternating juices works well for me and in the last 2 years of vaping I’ve not really had many problems with loss of taste but this time round I dont know if it’s been the heat ( it has been really hot the last week or so) or just overload but when I changed flavour for the first couple of hits it was nice and vibrant and then nothingy after that so I thought maybe a break from flavour was in order. Seems to of done trick yay! :smiley:

2 Likes