Homogenizers and Random Thoughts

Excellent experiment @woftam, I would say looking after your gear is right up on the list of things I’m shit at, so…good to know. :+1: :tada: :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I remember a few years back when @grubby was in destructo mode with what was the mod the Arthur ?

4 Likes

oh it was everything…it wasn’t exclusive to the Arthur :laughing:

2 Likes

Every time I looked he had slain another one :boom: :bomb: :cloud_with_lightning: :fire: :zap:

3 Likes

@woftam, thank you for taking ALL of the time I’m sure that took to put together. I DO hope the camera survived hehe.

I think, thanks to you, the the HEAT vs. NO HEAT with a homogenizer has NOW been put to rest. Actually shot, buried, funeral service, etc.

I appreciate your previous posts TO this point (in the face of opposition), and this vid.

Sometimes, you just gotta SEE it. Thanks Simon.

7 Likes

Wait, what’s all this about ?? !!! “Destructo Mode”, I must hear more.

5 Likes

Oh there was a time a few years back when Grubby had the midas touch with mods every time he got a new one it would die within a week - wouldn’t matter what the mod was in his hands it just turned to paper weight in a very short time.

5 Likes

Hehe, I’ve had runs like that. I feel a little bit better about it now though. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That was my biggest clue. I was chasing the more viscus liquid around with the probe and really not sure the entire batch was being “blended”. @60C (my chosen temp) it was obvious the entire batch was being addressed from a single position.

9 Likes

@woftam Im getting so excited, and I have not even got an ETA for completion of building my GC smaller model. I got the drive unit (tackLife), and Ive ordered the suggested flasks with stoppers, a 50ml Graduated Cylinder and started stocking up (started? lmfao) on some really cool flavors Ill want to work with, based on reviews Ive seen by Smokyblue, SessionDrummer, and others. I noticed that the wait list is not taking any more orders at present, so Im really glad I pulled the trigger when I did. 55-60C is the best range to heat the VG priot to homogenizing: I get that. Ive seen mixed feelings regarding SaltNic addition, and mine is 100%VG (Got 250mg/ml form Nic River/Rivre supply, and 100mg Salt form Carolinaxtract on deck, once I “burn through” the 300 ml of NicRiver base)
Thoughts on Saltnic 100%vg base being homogenized? (batches I expect will be 17ml/30ml/or 10 ml testers for now)? @SmilingOgre @anon96069639 ?

3 Likes

@Tmease

Additions to this wait list will no longer be accepted. I have the current list which will be honored as time permits but ask that you make contact through ELR under Game Changer or preferably Gamechanger1952@yahoo.com for future additions.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Never did anything 100% VG but heating the VG to 60°C and homogenizing should still work just fine.

2 Likes

that would be simpler/ since the VG based NIC lives in the fridge, that would mean removing the step to add the nic after homogenizing…potentially even removing any need for the 8 hour settling period>all into flask, blend all, UC with a cap on the flask, and good to go! )oversimplifying things) awesome! I just didint want to accelerate the NIC Salt Oxidation process. SO Cool!!!

3 Likes

Just ordered this cute little thing

I personally like small compact items ,my heating plate is only 5" round and I have been looking for a tiny USC

6 Likes

Don’t I know it Princess :wink: :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Oh damn, I like that @Fiddy

6 Likes

Lmao Pumpkin I forgot where I was posting

3 Likes

I think it will serve my purpose and fit in the space I have

7 Likes

That looks nice, Fiddy! You guys are Professional here. My usc came from the Thrift store :frowning: I wasnt sure it would work well when someone told me that would help steeping-back in the day.

7 Likes

I do mix with salt nic for myself and I do it with heat and the GC (those big batches are nic free however). Salt nic oxidation is extremely slow compared to FB particularly salt nic VG which is what use

8 Likes