Homogenizers and Random Thoughts

Ahhh for fucks sake, is nothing sacred !!!

:slight_smile:

+1 @SthrnMixer, @woftam

6 Likes

Water is the oldest beverage ever and somehow it has no nickname. No one ever says ā€œsure could go for a cup of that clearā€ it is IMHO a huge oversight.

Suggestions welcome

• sipping on the moist
  • ol splashy
  • wet stuff
  • government soda
8 Likes

With 28 FLV flavors in my stash plus Sweetness, Im still only holding the Cream from that recipe @SmokyBlue . They need to offer a Flavorah Merit badge in Scouts for the up and coming kids these days, in my opinion. Looks delicious! Is there a way to bookmark a recipe in this forum for later?

4 Likes

I do hold contests on fb, either my page or groupā€¦ might helpā€¦
Book marks?? not sure yetā€¦ and I donā€™t see an export button yet.
I know @Grubby is working hard to keep up with us thoā€¦ :slight_smile:

Try it without the cream if you wantā€¦ the cream only gives more of a frosted taste.

3 Likes

But the Cream is the only flavor of 8 that I DO have :crazy_face:

4 Likes

whoopsie!!! :stuck_out_tongue: lol yeah you need more flavorsā€¦

3 Likes

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/NextJoyousGrayreefshark-small.gif

4 Likes

Nopesā€¦ none at all, SDā€¦
but I am always happy to help where I can :slight_smile:

3 Likes

6 Likes

Iā€™m messinā€™ with ya !!!

4 Likes

Further thoughts.

Orange, in general I feel, is fairly tough to work with. Not as tough as say, cherry perhaps, but difficult nonetheless.

Tomorrow I will pull out the homogenizer and do probably three iterations of the mix. Tasting each after running on the FSH-2A. If (and thatā€™s a big if) I get the percentage of orange correct on the first try, then the goal will be to establish the best base for the ice cream as I can. If nothing else, it will be fun running my new toy again, and Iā€™ll get a better feel for what it does to MF flavors.

5 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to your results on that @SthrnMixer.

3 Likes

Awesome @SthrnMixer! Iā€™ve had great lucks with Ice Cream Trinities in the past (Nickā€™s Ice Cream Trinity comes to mind). Of course, I feel like Iā€™m mentioning how to hold a scalpel to a world renowned brain surgeon, in company of all you mixologists. please donā€™t take offense. Side note: just ordered Erlenmeyer flask set and graduated cylinders (Pyrex) in anticipation of my GC Homogenizer getting ready to ship soon! @anon96069639 :heart_eyes: Reminiscent of my Bonavita coffee maker and OXO Bean grinder Christmas gifts to myself a few years back!

4 Likes

Wow man, thatā€™s high praise indeed, but clearly misplaced. I have way, way, waaaayyyy more misses than hits.

Ok, we gonna do a new thread. Iā€™ll be tagging you. Original post will tell you all you need to know. Letā€™s have fun with this!!

7 Likes

Thanks for that @Tmease. Iā€™ve now got that recipe in hand, and am mixing it now.

5 Likes

Bull City is packing up what I didnt have. looks tasty! Than you a ton! :pray: running by their shop tomorrow before 10.

3 Likes

Ya could have made a trip down here lololā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue: I am not but 2? 2.5 hours from Bull City :smiley:

3 Likes

I didnt watch the email

. they had my order put together 20 minutes after I put it in. only 20 minutes left of lunch. brb

3 Likes

Ok, so I did a little test for those of you that have homogenisers. I cut the sound out of all of it except one section so be prepared at around 1.40.

Aside from what you see in the video, there are a few reasons you should consider a little heat

• The added stress on the motor and parts with mixing room temp VG after the cold mix was done the motor was extremely hot to the touch during the video the motor used its auto cut out mode a couple of times (it isnā€™t obvious from the video but it is clear from the small section where I enabled the sound). This is by far the most important to me looking after the gear is something that I am super OCD about.
  • Speed of the mix finishing (not a major one but still it is a couple of minutes saved).
  • While there is no real difference in the finished product the gas bubbles formed clear far quicker in the mildly heated mix if just left to sit (again no big deal just an observation)
  • There was no need to move the probe in the heated mix at all while I did have to adjust the position a couple of times in the cold mix

Now obviously mixing large quantities are going to exacerbate any issues but still, I would say the less you can stress the gear you have the longer you will have it.

11 Likes

oh and sorry for the camera tip over lmao

5 Likes