Homogenizers and Random Thoughts

fiddy
@Fiddy - when did you change to the name I gave you?? The Steeping Giant… hilarious.

7 Likes

Lol…Bro I did that when I first joined…I even mentioned you in the thread

6 Likes

It always been a 4 to 6 week time , he will vintact you when its ready and get payment…You can email him . Dans a good guy he won’t bite…Jusy ask him for an ETA.

6 Likes

Cool. got on wait list 10-11 days ago.Dont want to be that “are we there yet” kid at 52 yrs old. Meanwhile I can try to come up with a better storage solution for my flavorings. They work-but Im not loving the look of the damned nail polish risers from china-though they can add up. Cant afford to go the route Woltam is using. why am I seeing refrigeration used now? smh One thing at a time- steep time reduction tool for the win!

6 Likes

Ye nail polish racks are actually more expensive than the aluminium i use to make the draws in the fridge but if you dont want the work they are a good option - they can also be laid down flat and have drawer runners put on the side and you could make a small cabinet to house them all. I works out very compact and yet is still easy to find the flavour you want.

6 Likes

Some ideas over here

7 Likes

Simon and I as well as some others have been using Refrigeration for awhile …I think there is a thread on ELR that shows a pic from 2016…

I got one and om glad that all I got…It works great for flavors im using at the moment so my mixing table stays organized…

8 Likes

Hello! Could you link to the recommendation for these, or a link to what you ordered, please?

I just got my GC smally this past Thursday, finally putting it together tonight!

I got a little infrared hotplate, small sauce pot, a 500ml beaker for heating VG, a milk thermometer(thanks, @Steampugs!)

But now I see this about flasks and I’m very curious!

Hi, everybody!

8 Likes

Can’t wait to hear what you think @Plunderdrum.

6 Likes

Actually it does “hydro”

6 Likes

Plunderdrum ive always bought mine from NR they are cheap in price but good quality…

6 Likes

I just ordered these graduated cylinders. I am able to do 15ml with the larger of the GC’s. I can’t wait to get them in.

@SmilingOgre turned me onto it. I practiced with this first.

I used hot glue to block the hole but then I poured hot liquid into and I realized that hot glue and hot liquid don’t go together.

9 Likes

Not saying you did or didn’t allow your mix to come into contact with the glue (assuming not) but throwing it out there for future readers’ benefit - you would not want to do that IMO. Once your flavors and base liquids leave their respective containers, you wouldn’t want them coming into contact with anything even remotely likely to release contaminants.

I guess that’s why I like my happy little Anchor mixing cups so much. They hold up to 120ml, are thick glass, and easy to clean/sterilize.

6 Likes

I don’t believe I am familiar with that. How about a photo? I use these, I think maybe that’s what you are talking about?

I agree wholeheartedly. That’s why I bought the graduated cylinders. I did actually do a small recipe with the hot glue plugging the whole but as soon as I poured hot liquid down the tube, I realized that it was a bad idea. :wtf:

4 Likes

The one on the left in your photo looks almost conical, but I’m guessing that’s the camera’s fault.

My original post shows the one I use. I’m thinking it’s the same thing.

4 Likes

Hi @SthrnMixer do you remember where you brought the homogenizer FSH-2A? Is the team complete? Or just the tip, without the motor? Thanks in advanced

3 Likes

@gus-gus it’s comes with everything, motor included.

3 Likes

Thanks, Do you know a reliable place to buy it?

3 Likes

Purchased from Ebay. A quick search yields a number of sellers in the vicinity of $130 USD. Comes with motor on an adjustable base, plus a large and small homogenizer head.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/110V-High-Speed-Dispersion-Homogenizer-FSH-2A-Lab-Mixer-10-1000ml-US-Stock/254262374512?hash=item3b3337f070:g:3t8AAOSwNGxfDSIF

3 Likes

Thank you sir

3 Likes