Homogenising eliquid

I think you are absolutely right. You can vent your juice flavorless too. Off gassing is happening as long as you can smell your liquid. Is any of that apparent of gassing being reabsorbed? Is it primarily unwanted gasses that are escaping? On and on we could go. Calling all chemists and hydro dynamic engineers. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

8 Likes

I’m trying to come up with something new so the chances of me making it perfect first time round are literally nil. I basically want to be able to modify a sample mix repeatedly, if needed, instead of making a whole bunch of different samples and wasting a ton of concentrates.

6 Likes

I say, do it and tell us your results as it seems no one else has done it yet :smile:

5 Likes

I likely will do mate. Unless by some miracle the sample I’ve made tastes like nectar from the gods, which I highly doubt :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

@Illogik it’s entirely possible that by RE-homogenizing, repeated times, you could be REDUCING your flavors. Doesn’t mean it won’t still taste the taste, but the more flavor you smell in your lab, the LESS flavor you’re going to have in the bottle.

5 Likes

So by that logic, if you left a bottle of juice uncovered for long enough, you end up with a completely flavourless bottle of juice? Surely the particles that you’re smelling are so tiny that the amount of flavour degradation would be very small?

Just my thoughts. I know fuck all about chemistry :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

@Illogik I’m not a chemist, and I sucked at Chemistry, but I’ll take a stab at this.

If you left it uncapped, BUT, not disturbed, probably not. It would clearly off gas, BUT, after a point, that might stop as the juice was static, and not being mixed, the juice would probably stop weakening.

By virtue of what a homogenizer does, it really crushes the flavors into each other, creating a huge amount of off gassing IMO, so comparing a static, untouched, uncapped bottle to a homo’d mix doesn’t seem like an A’B comparison.

Just my .02.

You COULD test this @Illogik and probably something with bright, punchy fruits, especially lemon would probably be the quickest to test.

You could homo it once, test it, re-homo, re-test, etc., and see firsthand the reduction.

4 Likes

And it would oxidize into a brownish gooey glob of Draino. Toxic waste material.

5 Likes

Another thing that I’m reminded of is any Addy that is left juiced up and exposed to the air, picks up moisture from the air, as both PG and VG are hygroscopic. Vaping on that after letting it sit for a few days or longer, causes extensive popping and the flavor is significantly reduced.

I’d love to say I’m scientific in all of my testing and intend to leave each mixed batch untouched to compare what they do over time, but, if I’m going to be honest about it, I have additional flavors to mixes that I have already spun up, more than a handful of times. I think probably the maximum number of times I’ve used the homogenizer on the same batch is probably a half dozen times. But that’s very infrequent. I haven’t noticed any decrease in flavor, or degrading of flavor profiles by doing this, yet.

5 Likes

That’s good to know. Thanks Troy.

5 Likes