Here we go… Disposables

The attack on disposables begins…

11 Likes

finally…it was about time

3 Likes

I totally agree with you @Pelicio1976. Considering how bad the global climate change situation is I just can’t understand why these things were ever legalised for sale in the first place. What is so wrong with using refillable and rechargeable pod devices or does it really just boil down to peoples laziness in that they can’t be bothered to do such an easy task? Convenience to me is a dirty word when it comes down to protecting what we have left of our environment. Furthermore this is only going cause more harm for the vaping community by giving the anti vape brigade even more ammunition to throw at us. Good post @Grubby thank you.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Agreed @JimmyLee

Products made by market leaders Elf Bar and Geek Bar have swamped countries around the world, now contributing to 60% of all sales in the throwaway market sector. Their rise to dominance is exemplified by Elf Bar attracting nearly one billion views on the TikTok social media platform.

It is estimated by recycling experts that half a billion disposables are bought in the UK each year – with a staggering 3 million casually thrown into bins each week. The products are classified as waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) by UK law. This means they need sent for separate recycling.

By throwing them away rather than processing them for recycling, it’s estimated that we are losing £370 million from the economy each year.

The Research and Markets report states: “Vape products are e-waste since they contain lithium-ion batteries and a heating element. Disposing of e-waste is a considerable challenge due to the many different types of chemicals and materials in these products. Electronic vape products present at least two problems, as their vaporisers contain a circuit board, which can contain plastics and heavy metals and they also use lithium-ion batteries.”

2 Likes

Wow!

2 Likes

@whthek exactly mate.

3 Likes

Jimmy, Now I understand why @EatMaBB shows how to disassemble these device’s to prepare them for recycling!

5 Likes

That is why I show how to break them down so people can recycle as much as possible, there will still be people that don’t do it as they are to lazy to do it.

5 Likes

Well those people can’t have a conscience or moral compass if they do these reckless things when knowing better. I think every disposable vape should have instructions on how to recycle clearly stated with every product sold and I think the companies that make these wretched things should be held partly accountable and take some of the responsibility for the pollution that they cause then they might come up with some more echo friendly designs. Sorry for the rant but some people make me sick with their filthy laziness.

4 Likes

I think everything has become just a little “too” convenient for our own good these days and it wouldn’t hurt us to take a couple of steps backwards where unnecessary convenience items are concerned. Hell, the next thing will be a machine to wipe peoples fat, lazy arses.

5 Likes

I think all disposable vapes should be banned due to people just throwing them in bins and not recycling them and kids getting hold of them to easily.

4 Likes

@JimmyLee, truer words have not been spoken …

3 Likes

Disposables are from Lucifer! Ban them before they give the anti vaping lobby missiles to launch!

4 Likes

Microwave ready meals are another pet hate of mine especially when I see someone with kids and all they have in their trolley is ready meals!

3 Likes

I agree with you @Timwis and it’s a big reason why many of these young mothers can’t cook a proper meal unless it’s processed rubbish from the freezer isles.

3 Likes