Hellvape Dead Rabbit V3 RTA Review

Introduction

Top or bottom airflow RTA’s there have been so many to choose from over the years and some have failed with not producing enough flavour or airflow to the coil. So have Hellvape cracked it with this iteration in the Dead Rabbit series?

What’s in the box?

Inside you get

• Spare Bubble tank
  • A bag of Spare parts
  • Coils & Cotton laces
  • Coil trimming tool
  • User guide

Specs

• Diameter -25 mm
  • Height -50.5 mm
  • Capacity -3.5 / 5.5ml
  • Weight -59g
  • Top fill
  • Build deck - Dual / Single coil
  • Top airflow
  • 810 Drip tip
  • Material - Stainless steel

I received the Matte Full Black colour for review and the V3 comes in 7 other colour options

SS, Gunmetal, Gold, Rainbow, Blue, Matte Black, And Purple.

Design

On top with a 810 format drip tip with an o-ring holding it firmly in place, the top cap has notches which effortlessly open a quarter-turn release to reveal large kidney shaped fill ports. The airflow adjustment ring is positioned just below. It has 2×7 slots on either side and is buttery smooth when adjusting. A large O-ring ensures there are no leaks between the top cap and the atomizer body.

The chimney section has Hellvape Dead rabbit logo and branding. Inside the chimney chamber where it meets the deck, you can see the incorporated bottom and side airflow ports channelling airflow to the side and bottom of the deck. This being a top air flow RTA, you will not suffer from any leaking issues. On the base there is a protruding gold-plated 510 pin. While the base of the RTA is swells out to 27 mm in size. The V3 RTA comes fitted with a straight glass tank containing 3.5ml. A bubble glass is provided in the box, allowing you to increase the atomizer volume to 5.5ml.

Build deck

The deck is a traditional postless deck with two directional airflow winglets on either side. The deck comes with pre-installed flat head screws, with spare grubs screws included. A peek insulator insulates the positive post from the rest of the deck, which is shaped out of a single piece. A wide O-ring ensures there are no leaks with the body of the atomizer.

Build

Installing the coils doesn’t pose any particular problem. Simply cut the legs using the guide provided and fit them in the posts. Hellvape recommends a height of 5 mm. The provided coils can out at 0.17 Ohms.

Wicking

Wicking was super easy using the included cotton laces, trimming off the excess and fluffing out the cotton and tucking it into the wicking channels with ease, being careful not to overstuff it in there and hinder the wicking.

Performance

The Dead Rabbit V3 performed very well with the included coils, running it at 80 Watts and airflow wide open, it produces an air noisy vape. I prefer the airflow control closed down 3 notches. I have put 180 ml through this RTA in 2 weeks, trying 3 different flavoured e-liquids, and this is hands down the best performing top airflow RTA I have used to date.

Final thoughts

The Dead Rabbit V3 is a stylish, sleek looking RTA. Coil instillation and wicking is very straight forward. It produces excellent flavour and a warm saturated vape with just the right amount of airflow restriction.

I would like to thank Sourcemore for sending the Hellvape Dead Rabbit V3 RTA over for review, and I hope you enjoyed reading my thoughts on this one.

They have very kindly provided me with the Code: DEA3R to share if you decide to purchase this device from them.

6 Likes

such good write ups mate, well done

5 Likes

Thank you Sam

3 Likes

Great write up @Daredevil. I love the deck on that one.

4 Likes

Thanks SD, I highly recommend you do it’s a banger!

4 Likes

Great photos, and write-up, @Daredevil ! Thanks :+1:

3 Likes

Very good review @Daredevil, thank you.
I think this one might be a bit too airy for me as I prefer RDL but I like the fact that it has bottom and side airflow.

4 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

Cheers mate!, Yup this one doesn’t get even close to RDL when the AFC is cranked down.

4 Likes