Hellvape Dead Rabbit Solo RTA

Hi Everyone, jeez it’s been a while… Life is busy and all that, But I woke up one morning recently to an email from Sourcemore asking would I be interested in doing a review, I said sure so I selected the Dead Rabbit solo from the choices I was given as I haven’t tried and of the dead rabbit bloodline from Hellvape only it’s fatter cousin both in solo and dual coil versions, and they weren’t half bad!

Packaging and contents

The RTA arrived in the distinctive Hellvape orange coloured thick cardboard housing, popping the lid off the box revealed a well seated tank an included bubble glass and at the bottom a user manual and a bag containing spare o-rings, screws and a tiny screwdriver. No coils included with this, so heads up!

Specs

• 24mm in diameter
  • 37mm tall
  • Top air flow
  • 810 drip tip compatible
  • Postless build deck
  • 2ml / 4ml capacity

Design

Starting at the top, the included low pro-file 810 derlin drip tip suits the aesthetic of the tank. The top cap has a directional opening indicator to reveal a kidney shaped single fill port and a small pressure relief hole to help with filling the tank. There is some Hellvape branding neatly tucked underneath the drip tip, as well as the dead rabbit logo incorporated on the exterior of the deck chamber and even more Dead Rabbit branding on the opposite side… Nice chunky knurling on the adjustable two port angled airflow intakes. Good to see a protruding gold-plated 510 pin, so this dead bunny can be used safely on unregulated devices. That chunky knurling I mentioned earlier, well it surrounds the bottom, ensuring a good grip when screwing/ unscrewing or holding firmly in place when try to undo the tank section.

The top cap can be completely removed for cleaning. On the chimney section where it meets the deck, you can see the incorporated bottom and honeycomb side airflow ports indicated in the picture below. This being a top air flow RTA you will not suffer from any leaking issues.

The Dead rabbit solo is available in 6 colours – SS, Gunmetal, Gold, Rainbow, Blue and Matte Black.

Build deck

There is a large postless build deck raised slightly off the base of the tank, with airflow slots located directly under the coil. There are four holes accompanied by flat heat screws, you can fit some beefy coils in here. Either side of the deck has large wicking holes and a good threading on the outer ring to secure the chimney section effortlessly every time.

Build

Since there were no coils included, I used a 3mm triple fused Clapton and cut the legs at 5mm. I didn’t thin out the Cotton too much, just trimmed off any excess and tucked it into the wicking ports.

Performance

With the coil I installed coming out at 0.19Ohms, Airflow wide open and the power set to 75 Watts It’s a tad on the loud side, I gradually fine tune it to airflow closed a little and 65 Watts of power was the sweet spot for me. Lots of saturated vapor produced with great flavor and a good draw on the inhale. The wicking kept up, allowing me to hit it again and again.

Final thoughts

I like how this single coil top airflow RTA performs. I like the aesthetic’s especially the beefy knurling and low profile drip tip. Furthermore, I like the functionality and all the design implementations actually work well to deliver a very satisfying vaping experience. Super easy coil instillation and very easy to wick. A little less branding would suit my preference, but I can forgive Hellvape this time for producing an RTA that performs this well!. I would have liked to have seen an included coil and guidance in the instruction manual of coil leg length.

I would like to say thanks again to sourcemore for getting in touch, I enjoyed my time with the Dead Rabbit Solo and I hope you enjoyed my review.

5 Likes

Nicely done @Daredevil.

4 Likes

Thanks SD

4 Likes

Nice review, @Daredevil…Thanks :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Well done @Daredevil

5 Likes

Thank you

4 Likes

Thanks